Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HTFC Fan

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The danns tackle was directly in line with us....it was the worst tackle ever at the amex.......late, two footed...purely awful

This.

The Lambert, Barnes, Vincelot, Sparrow and Cabaye offences, just remembering three, were relatively innocuous compared to today's assault.

The naive ref it seemed was hell bent on NOT being accused of the "spoiling the contest early on" cliche.

In the last quarter, he probably would have issued a straight red for that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Opposite for me, knew it was Scannell and then when people were booing Danns, I looked up on the screen and saw it was him so got it. But yeah 2 ex-scummers in the Huddersfield lineup.

We met some Huddersfield fans on the way home who were wondering why were booing Danns and Scannell, thinking that we were being racist! We had to explain that they were ex Palace.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I thought htfc looked good in the first 20 minutes. They had obviously worked out that our Spanish players like a bit of time on the ball and were most - er - terrier like, snapping at their heels. Probably explains why most of them were blowing out their arse in the second half though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
They seemed to have two methods to look to unsettle our play and that was a general sense of physicality, a generally fair one but for the main moment we saw one also of vicious brutality, but worse than that the aim to waste time almost from kick-off. Their fans were few but who would want to travel all that way and see their players idle around so much, determined not to restart play at every opportunity? They were rightly dicked.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Opposite for me, knew it was Scannell and then when people were booing Danns, I looked up on the screen and saw it was him so got it. But yeah 2 ex-scummers in the Huddersfield lineup.

Same here, Took me half an hour to realise

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alan Lee was on the bench.

Although Palace don't like him much after he broke Jedinak's face the other week :lolol:

Some smart arse sat behind me yelled "why are you idiots booing 7, it's not him who shouldn't be on the pitch". I genuinely think he thought people were that stupid they couldn't tell one black guy with braided hair from the other. Scannell's footballing heritage was then pointed out to him :facepalm:

Thought Scannell had a decent first five minutes, and was then anonymous for the rest of the game. Hard to imagine why Huddersfield bought him as a striker, as he didn't score many goals for Palace & didn't look like scoring at all yesterday. Still. Another star from the magnificent Selhurst Academy, eh.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Although Palace don't like him much after he broke Jedinak's face the other week :lolol:

Some smart arse sat behind me yelled "why are you idiots booing 7, it's not him who shouldn't be on the pitch". I genuinely think he thought people were that stupid they couldn't tell one black guy with braided hair from the other. Scannell's footballing heritage was then pointed out to him :facepalm:

Thought Scannell had a decent first five minutes, and was then anonymous for the rest of the game. Hard to imagine why Huddersfield bought him as a striker, as he didn't score many goals for Palace & didn't look like scoring at all yesterday. Still. Another star from the magnificent Selhurst Academy, eh.

The poor bloke (Jedinak) had a broken eye socket after that incident. Hilarious :facepalm:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Scannell is a STRIKER?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness Hudds started well and we were very slow to get moving to the extent that our opener was pretty much against the run of play Danns was dangerous throughout and he and Scannell were the most positive and the most dangerous throughout. Which makes it even more surprising that they never had a shot to threaten our goal other than the one they scored and that could have been averted had Bruno been quicker off the line to close down he space. Good goal though by Vaughan - well worked cross and knock back and well taken. Huddersfield will miss him in the next two games although it may allow Robinson the chance to spearhead the attack and show he is more than just a willing worker.
Clayton was useful but drifted out of the game I thought and Gobern looks useful if maybe not fully fit? I felt for Clark that his one mistake cost a goal after clearing two off the line and the keeper made two good saves - from Orlandi in the first half then with his feet from Lopez in the second.
They never managed to counter our corner routine along the ground to the player on the edge of the box -indeed I dont think Gerrard engaged his brain all game. Never a Championship defender!
The so called contentious moments? The corner was a correct decision - I was sitting right above it and there was a clear deflection. The penalty was equaly clear - yes CMS went down but why not - it was a clumsy and frankly stupid foul on someone going away from the goal. Danns should have gone but got a generous decision by the linesman - the same one who gave the corner. Danns lost his head after feeling he was fouled and went in with both feet. Had he gone I hate to think what the scoreline might have been.
Yes some Brighton players go down easily especially the Spanish ones who are not used to the physical side of our game. In Spain (or indeed in the EPL) the use of the upper body to push someone off the ball is less pronounced. They will need to get used to it and FWIW it infuriates Brighton fans just as much.
No histrionics from Poyet as (seemingly) suggested on local radio. He was waving at Brighton fans in th north stand to calm down as they were kicking off against stewards making them sit down but that was all - that was after the ref came over and spoke to the fourth official and to our bench. about it.

I think Huddersfield could be in trouble. They played well and it looked like their plan to frustrate us would earn a point but fell apart complety and it seems not for the first time. If Bristol, Barnsley and Posh continue to get results they are going to get dragged in. Midfield not as good as its composite parts is down to tactics. Defence needs a complete shake-up!

Fans were fantastic even if, overall, they got pretty much what their performance (or at least an appalling five minute deserved. You cant collapse like that and stay clear of trouble in this league

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness Hudds started well and we were very slow to get moving to the extent that our opener was pretty much against the run of play Danns was dangerous throughout and he and Scannell were the most positive and the most dangerous throughout. Which makes it even more surprising that they never had a shot to threaten our goal other than the one they scored and that could have been averted had Bruno been quicker off the line to close down he space. Good goal though by Vaughan - well worked cross and knock back and well taken. Huddersfield will miss him in the next two games although it may allow Robinson the chance to spearhead the attack and show he is more than just a willing worker.
Clayton was useful but drifted out of the game I thought and Gobern looks useful if maybe not fully fit? I felt for Clark that his one mistake cost a goal after clearing two off the line and the keeper made two good saves - from Orlandi in the first half then with his feet from Lopez in the second.
They never managed to counter our corner routine along the ground to the player on the edge of the box -indeed I dont think Gerrard engaged his brain ae all game. Never a Championship defender!
The so called contentious moments? The corner was a correct decision - I was sitting right above it and there was a clear deflection. The penalty was equaly clear - yes CMS went down but why not - it was a clumsy and frankly stupid foul on someone going away from the goal. Danns should have gone but got a generous decision by the linesman - the same one who gave the corner. Danns lost his head after feeling he was fouled and went in with both feet. Had he gone I hate to think what the scoreline might have been.
Yes some Brighton players go down easily especially the Spanish ones who are not used to the physical side of our game. In Spain (or indeed in the EPL) the use of the upper body to push someone off the ball is less pronounced. They will need to get used to it and FWIW it infuriates Brighton fans just as much.
No histrionics from Poyet as (seemingly) suggested on local radio. He was waving at Brighton fans in th north stand to calm down as they were kicking off against stewards making them sit down but that was all - that was after the ref came over and spoke to the fourth official and to our bench. about it.

I think Huddersfield could be in trouble. They played well and it looked like their plan to frustrate us would earn a point but fell apart complety and it seems not for the first time. If Bristol, Barnsley and Posh continue to get results they are going to get dragged in. Midfield not as good ss its composite parts a is down to tactics. Defence needs a complete shake-up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Copper in being a twat shocker.

Nice to know our streets are in such caring hands.

Streets...?

I sit in the office eating donuts all day & fitting up the occasional innocent. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here