Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HTFC Fan

htfc14

Nov 15, 2012
Evening all,

Congrats on the win today. Wasn't confident despite a great win in midweek for us, and you put us to bed in the last 15. We seem to collapse as soon as we concede one goal, as proven at Forest and Wigan in the cup.

I run a HTFC fans site - Huddersfield Town Football Club News by HTFC Fans and wondered if any keen writers/bloggers/fans wanted to write a couple of hundred words on today's game, what they thought about Town, and how you reckon we'll cope, (don't be too harsh!)

If a couple of people reply I'll use whatever comes up.

Cheers, and good luck for the rest of the season.

:)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I sat in the east and I was impressed with how vocal you lot were. Obviously that stopped after the third goal! I think you'll be OK this season, you just need a bit of luck and some confidence, good luck!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've seen a lot of Town fans complaining about the referee today, and to be honest, I don't think they have a lot to complain about. The linesman gave the corner that we scored our second from, and unless he was 100% certain, why would he have given a corner there, just for the sake of it? He was right by the action, so perhaps he genuinely saw a deflection that the rest of us couldn't. I did think the booking for the left back (challenge on Buckley) was soft, but the referee did do the pointing thing when he waved the yellow card so no doubt it was for an accumulation of offences, not just that one. And as for Danns' tackle on Orlandi, there was an entirely reasonable argument that he could have walked for that. The penalty was a pretty clear penalty, and it was a stupid, stupid tackle for the Huddersfield player to make on a striker who was going nowhere at the time.

I don't think Kuszczak made a single save in the entire game, all he did was catch a couple of corners, and pick the ball out of the net once. That should tell you all you needed to know.

I liked the defender you had permanently stationed behind your keeper kicking the ball off the line - he did well for you.:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gerrard- awful defender. Probably sounds a bit daft given Vaughan's goal, but other than that, they never threatened our goal at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've seen a lot of Town fans complaining about the referee today, and to be honest, I don't think they have a lot to complain about. The linesman gave the corner that we scored our second from, and unless he was 100% certain, why would he have given a corner there, just for the sake of it? He was right by the action, so perhaps he genuinely saw a deflection that the rest of us couldn't. I did think the booking for the left back (challenge on Buckley) was soft, but the referee did do the pointing thing when he waved the yellow card so no doubt it was for an accumulation of offences, not just that one. And as for Danns' tackle on Orlandi, there was an entirely reasonable argument that he could have walked for that. The penalty was a pretty clear penalty, and it was a stupid, stupid tackle for the Huddersfield player to make on a striker who was going nowhere at the time.

I don't think Kuszczak made a single save in the entire game, all he did was catch a couple of corners, and pick the ball out of the net once. That should tell you all you needed to know.

He had to punch the ball away quite late on in the game, but that's all I can remember.

I think he exerted more energy celebrating Ulloa's second goal...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant see why Huddersfield are blaming it on the ref - they were crap !! The build up to the 2nd may not have been a corner according to them, but the point is they didnt deal with it.

Penalty was a clear one too. If anything he was kind to Huddersfield as Danns should have been sent off for the tackle on Orlandi.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I liked the defender you had permanently stationed behind your keeper kicking the ball off the line - he did well for you.:thumbsup:
That bloke cost me £125.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Cant see why Huddersfield are blaming it on the ref - they were crap !! The build up to the 2nd may not have been a corner according to them, but the point is they didnt deal with it.

Penalty was a clear one too. If anything he was kind to Huddersfield as Danns should have been sent off for the tackle on Orlandi.

The linesman was about a foot away from the deflection for the corner so it must have been the right decision.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Send a PM to Ernest. I'm sure he'd love to write a report for you.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My take on the game - everything changed when Dann dived in. he should of gone and i think the ref knew he had bottled it. After that, every 50:50 went our way. The Bruno free kick was the start of it (knocked the ball too heavily past the fullback so threw himself into him).

I have not seen the incidents again but the player reactions suggested it was never a corner. I thought the penalty was terribly soft.

So, in my opinion, the officials spent an hour trying to rectify their error. Your players didn't help though. Dissent and petulance all over the park.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He had to punch the ball away quite late on in the game, but that's all I can remember.

I think he just punched that one because he was bored. Have you ever seen him have a quieter game? I was glad the centre halves kept passing to him, he might have fallen asleep otherwise.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The Football League Show will I suspect show that Danns should have got a red.

Players at all levels are being sent off for far less these days.

That was a straight red in any era. Violent, dangerous, and no attempt to play the ball.

Justice in the end with the win.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
The danns tackle was directly in line with us....it was the worst tackle ever at the amex.......late, two footed...purely awful

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
It was quite funny that your number 7 got a lot of flak and boos because he looks a lot like Danns.

Opposite for me, knew it was Scannell and then when people were booing Danns, I looked up on the screen and saw it was him so got it. But yeah 2 ex-scummers in the Huddersfield lineup.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Opposite for me, knew it was Scannell and then when people were booing Danns, I looked up on the screen and saw it was him so got it. But yeah 2 ex-scummers in the Huddersfield lineup.

Three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here