Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hows Your Head?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think we are all going slowly bonkers whether alone or cooped up indoors with family/friends all day, everyday.
Last night I could hear a man singing (a neighbour ..... somewhere), it went on for hours.
Hardly going out is getting to me. I don't get it, before the Arsenal match was postponed I seem to remember Boris quoting the virus couldn't survive outdoors. Now the police are telling me I can catch it off a park bench.

Take care
Stay strong

Thanks. It's going to be peaks and troughs for me and I got upset further when the figures got announced yesterday afternoon, then felt better after having a couple of beers and a chat about it all with a mate via a WhatsApp video chat, but for whatever reason I'm feeling a whole lot better this morning currently than I did yesterday.

Maybe it's because I've got shopping I need to do and the prospect of my Poundland and M&S win double again is helping. It comes to something when that is the highlight of your life. :facepalm:

8pm tonight and stepping out the front door to applaud will be good too. I'm actually really looking forward to that later today. :clap2:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think we are all going slowly bonkers whether alone or cooped up indoors with family/friends all day, everyday.
Last night I could hear a man singing (a neighbour ..... somewhere), it went on for hours.
Hardly going out is getting to me. I don't get it, before the Arsenal match was postponed I seem to remember Boris quoting the virus couldn't survive outdoors. Now the police are telling me I can catch it off a park bench.

Take care
Stay strong
The virus can't survive for long outdoors. You can catch it off a park bench if it was contaminated just before you sat on it, and the weather/sunlight hasn't had time to kill the virus.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The virus can't survive for long outdoors. You can catch it off a park bench if it was contaminated just before you sat on it, and the weather/sunlight hasn't had time to kill the virus.

Thank you. I was a bit stressed when I posted before. A friend sent me a text saying stop watching the BBC News. Now I just catch the headlines and weather. Feel a lot better!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank you. I was a bit stressed when I posted before. A friend sent me a text saying stop watching the BBC News. Now I just catch the headlines and weather. Feel a lot better!

I’ve started to swerve my beloved radio 4, there’s just far too much discussion of the virus and associated topics. Gets me down. News once a day and other than that it’s podcasts and radio 6.
Not good to have it as the sole topic of thought.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Gah, yesterday when I bought cigarette there was some retarded (literally, so I couldnt get mad) woman just standing in the store coughing everywhere... nervous now. All this sitting around home and smoking is taking a toll on my lungs as well, if I caught this virus now it would end badly..

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I’ve started to swerve my beloved radio 4, there’s just far too much discussion of the virus and associated topics. Gets me down. News once a day and other than that it’s podcasts and radio 6.
Not good to have it as the sole topic of thought.

Good move to swerve radio 4, just read they are bringing in a Covid 19 storyline to the Archers FFS!!!!!!

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am now ignoring any TV channel with Covid-19 stories on and just checking the BBC News website once a day.

I am not reading any of the death figures and my wife, who is extremely vulnerable, is under strict instructions to do the same.

We had a chat in the wee hours of this morning, when she couldn’t sleep, again. I think I have made her understand that, with her current situation we are likely to be indoors, seeing no-one apart from those trapped in the house with us, for probably six months or more!

She actually seemed relieved by that idea, as it makes her feel safe, but she really really misses seeing her Mum and Dad...!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Well I've survived 28 days of lockdown - somehow - but face at least another 28. Although the Spanish Government are suggesting older people won't be allowed out until well after the younger have been 'set free'. Not quite sure how I'm managing all this, and I really have to say if it wasn't for my other half I could be in deep depression by now. Just not being allowed out even for exercise all I can look forward to is a weekly shop at the nearest supermarket. Even that takes military planning because you are prepared to be stopped at a roadblock - maybe Police, local or national, the Guardia and now even the army. So I take my shopping list, proof of address and hope to be OK. Still some people flaunt the lockdown and the police have now informed the population that the fines for doing so now start at 1000 euros, with imprisonment for a second offence.

Highlights of the past 2 weeks? None really, same old, same old. Finished all Line of Duty, Bodyguard but pleased to see More 4 have put all Green Wing series on - the wacky humour is helping. What else - oh yes major news - we made made 3 kilos of nispero (loquat) jam from the fruit on the trees. The weather still remains crap, barely warm enough to sit outside and that more than adds to feeling down.

But it's the same for all if we are to survive so it's an inbuilt acceptance - especially as I couldn't afford the fines! Good luck everyone else and stay strong.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprisingly good. Far better than it was in mid March when all of this first started dawning on a lot of us. Have accepted the situation and am just riding it out now. Better days will come.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surprisingly good. Far better than it was in mid March when all of this first started dawning on a lot of us. Have accepted the situation and am just riding it out now. Better days will come.

That's pretty much me, but I'm Italy to your UK - I could see what was happening around the beginning of March, was derided on here for being some sort of doom-monger, and had come to terms with it whilst others were going through the "oh shit" phase I'd already been through.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's pretty much me, but I'm Italy to your UK - I could see what was happening around the beginning of March, was derided on here for being some sort of doom-monger, and had come to terms with it whilst others were going through the "oh shit" phase I'd already been through.

Yep. I apologise for how I was then.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I was talking about this with a friend last week - part of the problem for him and me was we didn't need The UN to come out at the start of this month and point out this is the biggest global crisis since 1945, we'd worked that one out quite a while back, whilst others hadn't. A lot of people were in a genuine state of shock 3 weeks ago today as the reality dawned, me and him weren't. It was very difficult for him and me being around people who were blase about things in the run up to it though. Very difficult. I'll freely admit that 9 weeks ago today when we played Watford, I didn't see things being as they are now. None of us know where this is going from here though. I never thought something like this would happen in my lifetime, that's for sure.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I sat in my garden with an enormous cup of tea at about 7:30 this morning. I read the BBC news and cried. I thought of an old colleague and friend in Yorks who is suffering as so many other poor people are right now. Her husband is in intensive care. He's only about 50 and she doesn't know if he is coming back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was talking about this with a friend last week - part of the problem for him and me was we didn't need The UN to come out at the start of this month and point out this is the biggest global crisis since 1945, we'd worked that one out quite a while back, whilst others hadn't. A lot of people were in a genuine state of shock 3 weeks ago today as the reality dawned, me and him weren't. It was very difficult for him and me being around people who were blase about things in the run up to it though. Very difficult. I'll freely admit that 9 weeks ago today when we played Watford, I didn't see things being as they are now. None of us know where this is going from here though. I never thought something like this would happen in my lifetime, that's for sure.

There are still people at different stages of realisation. My next door neighbour seemed genuinely surprised about 3 days ago when I said the lockdown will definitely be extended...(!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Earlier I was scanning back through the main thread earlier trying to find something I recall seeing posted a few weeks back.

On the 28th Feb, the day before the Palace game, I posted "I'm also wondering if tomorrow will be the last game at the Amex we get to see for a while..." and was derided as some sort of idiot by a few.

On the 3rd March:

I wish I had the optimism of [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION], but I'm finding it difficult to see how, sooner or later, we don't go through a period more challenging than most of us have ever had to deal with.

What feels equally crazy, personally, is that on the 23rd February I arrived home from a week away over half-term and we don't really recall this being on our radar at all, not even when we were flying home.

International travel for leisure - those were the days, my friend!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Earlier I was scanning back through the main thread earlier trying to find something I recall seeing posted a few weeks back.

On the 28th Feb, the day before the Palace game, I posted "I'm also wondering if tomorrow will be the last game at the Amex we get to see for a while..." and was derided as some sort of idiot by a few.

On the 3rd March:

What feels equally crazy, personally, is that on the 23rd February I arrived home from a week away over half-term and we don't really recall this being on our radar at all, not even when we were flying home.

International travel for leisure - those were the days, my friend!

I can still recall a couple of conversations at work late February, early March time - one lad booked flights to New York with his mates for a holiday in June, whilst another guy was still very much looking forward to the cruise he was going on with his wife in August - being told by the lad going to New York that it'll all be over by then and The USA won't really get it as bad as China in any case.........I don't know whether to :laugh: or :cry: thinking back about that one.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I remember going to the Wolves game on the 7th of March and looking down on the stadium and it beginning to sink in that it would be the last time I was in a crowd like that for the forceable future.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can still recall a couple of conversations at work late February, early March time - one lad booked flights to New York with his mates for a holiday in June, whilst another guy was still very much looking forward to the cruise he was going on with his wife in August - being told by the lad going to New York that it'll all be over by then and The USA won't really get it as bad as China in any case.........I don't know whether to :laugh: or :cry: thinking back about that one.

I think it was early in February when we booked a couple of our favourite hotels in Devon and Cornwall for a short break in the second week of June. Seems a different world now. We had also booked up a short pre Christmas break in Bournemouth in early December. Who knows if that will happen!
Anyway, stay safe and let us look forward to better times.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
After seeing a report about mass graves in New York my head is not in a good place

I need some fresh air followed by wine, food, more wine

Need a break from this thing for today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here