Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hows Your Head?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How is your head right now? How are you feeling?

To be honest, I'm struggling a wee bit. Staying strong for the kids, wife etc but I found myself in tears while watching the 10 o'clock news last night and I feel constantly under pressure. I'm sure I'll be OK but I admit that I am feeling a bit over whelmed. We have food, we have everything we need but something is nagging at the back of my head. Maybe I have watched and read to many "End of the world" books and films? NSC has helped to keep me smiling (Thank you all for that) but without football the void that it filled in my life seems now to be filling up with fear and confusion. Sorry if that sound a little over dramatic but it's how I feel today. Any advice welcome!

Anyone need to open up, go for it. No judgments here, just support please.

I feel better already just sharing that small amount on here, thanks NSC.

Bit low myself today to be honest. Mother’s Day has fallen on the anniversary of my own Mother’s death today and am stuck on my own at present.
Want to go out for a walk but even form my window I can see big family groups out and about and I think that would make me angry.
If they knew what it was like to lose a mum the might think twice about risking so many, including their own Mothers’ lives.
I shall try and find a quiet place.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bit low myself today to be honest. Mother’s Day has fallen on the anniversary of my own Mother’s death today and am stuck on my own at present.
Want to go out for a walk but even form my window I can see big family groups out and about and I think that would make me angry.
If they knew what it was like to lose a mum the might think twice about risking so many, including their own Mothers’ lives.
I shall try and find a quiet place.

Agree, lost mine a number of years ago and it gets you thinking, over thinking.

Feeling down today. Mind is racing over what to do going forwards as my wife will be isolating for 12 weeks minimum and trying to think how to stay positive and not end up taking it out on each other!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agree, lost mine a number of years ago and it gets you thinking, over thinking.

Feeling down today. Mind is racing over what to do going forwards as my wife will be isolating for 12 weeks minimum and trying to think how to stay positive and not end up taking it out on each other!

Sorry to hear that. I hope your wife and you stay sane and keep working together to make it as pain free as possible. Thoughts are with you and good luck. We press on, steady as she goes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry to hear that. I hope your wife and you stay sane and keep working together to make it as pain free as possible. Thoughts are with you and good luck. We press on, steady as she goes.

Started a gardening thread. Mines going to be superb this year. Might even buy a shed to sit in!!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have woken today feeling a bit low just took the dog for a short walk roads really quiet my wife has gone to work against my wishes in a car share! Yesterday the boy and family came down after they were asked not to do so to bring a Mother's Day card and flowers! We are not a stupid family so why are we acting so stupidly!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty depressed now by the realisation that we are going to lose 100,000's in the UK to this killer virus.

Not many in the population seem bothered about isolating, and the government are clearly still pursuing "herd immunity", even though they say they are not.

Actions speak louder than words.

They are not interested in a lockdown, so we are totally lost.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pretty depressed now by the realisation that we are going to lose 100,000's in the UK to this killer virus.

Not many in the population seem bothered about isolating, and the government are clearly still pursuing "herd immunity", even though they say they are not.

Actions speak louder than words.

They are not interested in a lockdown, so we are totally lost.
After yesterday's lower than expected death numbers in the UK and Italy I actually felt a little more hopeful that things won't be quite as bad as the doom mongers predicted. Will be interested to see if these trends continue today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After yesterday's lower than expected death numbers in the UK and Italy I actually felt a little more hopeful that things won't be quite as bad as the doom mongers predicted. Will be interested to see if these trends continue today.
I agree it was encouraging - but I am very fearful of today's figures not confirming the improvement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There’s only one trend for the U.K. figures and it’s not going to be down.

Unfortunately due tot the nature of the disease incubation and spread,I suspect we’re in for 2-3 weeks of escalating figures (the odd day could buck the trend).

Long before that we will have had tougher restrictions imposed due to all the utter ****wits who just don’t get it.

Let’s hope Italy have turned a corner as it will give hope to everyone. Surely they have to soon...

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Really beginning to feel quite anxious this morning, I've been on Citalapram for many years and they work well, but this morning I'm feeling anxious and afraid.. Scared for my wife who is currently on a10 yr course of cancer treatment and scared of going out incase I catch this horrible virus and bring it home. Not sure whether I should go to the shops for milk / bread or just muddle on by without. Not feeling great :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really beginning to feel quite anxious this morning, I've been on Citalapram for many years and they work well, but this morning I'm feeling anxious and afraid.. Scared for my wife who is currently on a10 yr course of cancer treatment and scared of going out incase I catch this horrible virus and bring it home. Not sure whether I should go to the shops for milk / bread or just muddle on by without. Not feeling great :down:

You can go out as long as you observe Social Distancing, which is not easy in a supermarket, so perhaps try a corner shop instead ?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Today is my mother's birthday.

I broke down in tears as I wished her a happy one but inside this is killing me mentally. I'm so worried about both my parents as they fall just inside the over-seventies category. I'm laying awake at night worrying about everything mainly my medication for bipolar disorder and the lockdown that could well be enforced. I feel as though my anxiety levels are going through the roof.

I know we're all in the same boat but going through this, my parents mean the world to me and the thought of........well, I couldn't live without them. Even just the phone calls. Not being able to hug them is making me so depressed.

Sending best wishes to everyone on North Stand Chat. Stay safe and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. God bless. x

Andrew.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Thinking of you and your wife at this extremely difficult time. I'm sure your wife knows you're amazing and you are! You're being very, very considerate. Hope you get through this dreadful time. All the best mate. :thumbsup:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Thinking of you and your wife at this extremely difficult time. I'm sure your wife knows you're amazing and you are! You're being very, very considerate. Hope you get through this dreadful time. All the best mate. :thumbsup:
Thanks mate, difficult times for everyone

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Thanks for sharing that. It's what "Christian" should be all about.

And I think the good folk at St Matthew's will be absolutely delighted that you have shared it, and NOT because of the possibility if it converting people, BUT because it might bring sone crumb of comfort to even more people.

Good thinking, David. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner but I've been working (in healthcare)over the weekend and things have, understandably, been a bit manic! Stay safe and well mate.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good thinking, David. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner but I've been working (in healthcare)over the weekend and things have, understandably, been a bit manic! Stay safe and well mate.

ABSOLUTELY no need to apologise - and look after yourself!!!!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've been struggling the last few days.

I''m working from home for the foreseeable so not too worried about my general risk of picking it up but my other half is still having to go into work as she's a key worker. She loves her job and I wouldn't dare ask her to give that up on account of my anxiety, especially not now. But I am concerned about her picking it up and bringing it home. It's a small unit she works in and it's business as usual there but if one person gets it I can't help but think it'll spread like wildfire.

I'm having to remind myself that I'm young and healthy, and though I do have a heart condition it's asymptomatic. I reckon my body would handle it OK but there's no way of knowing and, though this may sound melodramatic, I don't want to die.

I guess I'm just scared. I can't really talk to her about any of this because she's just as anxious about it as I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here