Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hows Your Head?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I've had the Corona virus for the past 2 weeks.

I live in East Surrey, and the first two announced cases in Reigate were a) at my place of work and b) at the school my wife works. All the symptoms have fitted, and I think I had been in denial because it would have meant I was one of the first 3 or 4 people in Reigate to have contracted it.

I've felt utterly dreadful since 2 Saturdays ago - I was in late working all hours on the Friday, then just went off a cliff on the Saturday and haven't really got back to normal ever since. I'm OK in the mornings but deteriorate in the afternoons and I am dead to the world by about 7pm. In bed asleep by 830pm every day since Saturday 15th March.

As of 2 days ago, my wife and daughter have been showing very similar symptoms and are about 10 days behind my curve. I guess it is possible this is some other bug but it has knocked me out quite severely and I am not really known for picking up bugs, so it would seem too much of a coincidence really. Hope to get a testing kit next week whenever they become available to the general public.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I live in East Surrey, and the first two announced cases in Reigate were a) at my place of work and b) at the school my wife works. All the symptoms have fitted, and I think I had been in denial because it would have meant I was one of the first 3 or 4 people in Reigate to have contracted it.

I've felt utterly dreadful since 2 Saturdays ago - I was in late working all hours on the Friday, then just went off a cliff on the Saturday and haven't really got back to normal ever since. I'm OK in the mornings but deteriorate in the afternoons and I am dead to the world by about 7pm. In bed asleep by 830pm every day since Saturday 15th March.

As of 2 days ago, my wife and daughter have been showing very similar symptoms and are about 10 days behind my curve. I guess it is possible this is some other bug but it has knocked me out quite severely and I am not really known for picking up bugs, so it would seem too much of a coincidence really. Hope to get a testing kit next week whenever they become available to the general public.

Hope you all feel better soon. Mentally and physically.
I do miss Reigate. Great town for pubs.

Feeling bit down today. Back into work tomorrow and by all accounts going back into a bit of a shit storm. Dreading it if I’m honest. But I think getting stuck in and doing a bit to help and getting back to a routine will help. A bit fed up that I took annual leave for the first time since October and this happens.
My friends are my family and only managed to have one good afternoon before this hit. Cancelled trips to London and other days out. I know that is trivial in a way but it gets to me.
Was the anniversary of my Mum’s death on Mothering Sunday and I was booked on a flight to Belfast to see my Aunt but couldn’t go, obviously.

It’s all small stuff in the big scheme but it got to me.

Been out for a walk and that cheered me.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Get better soon all of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Today is my mother's birthday.

I broke down in tears as I wished her a happy one but inside this is killing me mentally. I'm so worried about both my parents as they fall just inside the over-seventies category. I'm laying awake at night worrying about everything mainly my medication for bipolar disorder and the lockdown that could well be enforced. I feel as though my anxiety levels are going through the roof.

I know we're all in the same boat but going through this, my parents mean the world to me and the thought of........well, I couldn't live without them. Even just the phone calls. Not being able to hug them is making me so depressed.

Sending best wishes to everyone on North Stand Chat. Stay safe and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. God bless. x

Andrew.

Stay strong bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
We enter the third week of lockdown today - and lockdown in Spain means exactly that. None of this one exercise a day and if you have a dog you can walk it only 50 mtrs from your house/flat. Things are getting boring & depressing especially when you are of the outdoor type. In between the rain this week (6 days out of 7 it's poured down) we have walked 30 times around the perimeter of the house each day, it stretches the legs and gives fresh air. Walking this I've noticed that 2 pairs of Blackbirds are settled onto their nests and the Blackcaps are busy building in the larger of the avocado trees. Siskins are on the nest in the pear tree so at least life is carrying on.

Otherwise the day consists of 'Pop Master' 'Bargain Hunt' 'Tipping Point' & 'The Chase'....however a couple of days ago Mrs BS hauled out 2 cases full of old photographs going back to before we were married in 1967 (I took loads of photos as I worked at Hove Camera Co.). What gems we're finding from early Brands Hatch in 1965/6 on motorbike days, wedding and honeymoon and our children growing up through the years. Some quite shocked us, for instance there's the junior school play in 1978/9 involving our daughter and others in fabulous costumes - but here's the rub - 4 of the boys are blacked up! So obviously long before political correctness came to the fore. But it has cheered us up knowing we face a minimum of 2 more weeks of this, although I suspect more like 4 at least and there's plenty to trawl through.

Now if only it would stop raining and the sun come out......

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We enter the third week of lockdown today - and lockdown in Spain means exactly that. None of this one exercise a day and if you have a dog you can walk it only 50 mtrs from your house/flat. Things are getting boring & depressing especially when you are of the outdoor type. In between the rain this week (6 days out of 7 it's poured down) we have walked 30 times around the perimeter of the house each day, it stretches the legs and gives fresh air. Walking this I've noticed that 2 pairs of Blackbirds are settled onto their nests and the Blackcaps are busy building in the larger of the avocado trees. Siskins are on the nest in the pear tree so at least life is carrying on.

Otherwise the day consists of 'Pop Master' 'Bargain Hunt' 'Tipping Point' & 'The Chase'....however a couple of days ago Mrs BS hauled out 2 cases full of old photographs going back to before we were married in 1967 (I took loads of photos as I worked at Hove Camera Co.). What gems we're finding from early Brands Hatch in 1965/6 on motorbike days, wedding and honeymoon and our children growing up through the years. Some quite shocked us, for instance there's the junior school play in 1978/9 involving our daughter and others in fabulous costumes - but here's the rub - 4 of the boys are blacked up! So obviously long before political correctness came to the fore. But it has cheered us up knowing we face a minimum of 2 more weeks of this, although I suspect more like 4 at least and there's plenty to trawl through.

Now if only it would stop raining and the sun come out......

If you can manage to digitise the Brands Hatch photos and post them, that’d be cool. Know it’s a long shot...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As days and weekends become blurred we are trying to up the ante at weekends by having a treat like a take away so we can remember where we are with what day it is.

I was used to sorting myself out as retired however with now two others in the household with time on their hands and the fact you cannot go out except for our daily walk we are reading, playing games, not always watching the TV and trying to all get on.

Not as easy as you think however so far so good.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Please don’t take this too seriously, but it made me chuckle. Unashamedly pinched from the Book of Face........

I heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, So I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rit now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands,
stafe day avrybobby!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Mine was OK for a few days until I discovered that I'm not eligible for the 80% because I changed jobs on 3rd march (for better job security). Now I'm a complete mess. I cannot comprehend the injustice of it. Hopefully we'll get through and it won't be necessary.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Struggled for the first time today.

The camaraderie at work has lost its gloss and people seem to be drifting back into their need selfish ways and giving less credence to the we’re all in this together stance of the first two weeks.

I fear the general public will head the gov advice less and less as the weeks roll on and then slowly but surely the positive of social distancing in shortening the prolonged nature of the pandemic will stop and we’ll be back at square one in some nightmarish negative feedback loop until a vaccine arrives.

Increasingly worried by the impact of social distancing on our two year old who thinks she’s done something wrong and can’t get her head round not seeing people she loves.

Hating it right now.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Hope you feel much better soon :)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Anxiety ramped up yesterday. My other half, key worker, came home and said they've had their first suspected case which means it's potentially been in circulation there for at least a week. I think?

Having to remind myself that, even though they've possibly got a case, it isn't true that everyone in that building is going to be / are already ill.

Feels like clutching at straws though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Struggling a bit now with work. In normal circumstances, I do two days a week wfh anyway, but I've now been at home since 19th March and finding it very difficult to get motivated enough to do any work. It doesn't help that all my work is project based, and the various clients I am working for also have staff on furlough so I'm getting very little feedback on the projects I'm working on.

It's probably about to get worse as well as we have a department conference call today to discuss how we are going to implement a 30 hour working week.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
My head is done in now. I'm gone. I'm a key worker and the absolute shambles at work regarding WFH hasn't helped things, but I think there's little point in even issuing me with new equipment to replace the dud stuff I was issued with, as I'm not fit for ****. I'll probably still give it a bash though if I get the opportunity. Furlough, full pay, SSP, no pay, no idea - I'm all over the place. I went into an absolute, incandescent rage yesterday at simply being added to a WhatsApp group for work and my phone starting to ping every 10 seconds with messages that are irrelevant to me. I resisted the initial urge to smash my phone up and just removed myself from the group and have adjusted my settings to prevent anyone doing that again - I'm seriously not good now.

Ordinarily right now I need to see a GP, but I'd feel such a total **** even phoning up and attempting to get an appointment with everything that's going on.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My head is done in now. I'm gone. I'm a key worker and the absolute shambles at work regarding WFH hasn't helped things, but I think there's little point in even issuing me with new equipment to replace the dud stuff I was issued with, as I'm not fit for ****. I'll probably still give it a bash though if I get the opportunity. Furlough, full pay, SSP, no pay, no idea - I'm all over the place. I went into an absolute, incandescent rage yesterday at simply being added to a WhatsApp group for work and my phone starting to ping every 10 seconds with messages that are irrelevant to me. I resisted the initial urge to smash my phone up and just removed myself from the group and have adjusted my settings to prevent anyone doing that again - I'm seriously not good now.

Ordinarily right now I need to see a GP, but I'd feel such a total **** even phoning up and attempting to get an appointment with everything that's going on.

Feel for you mate. Throw me a message if you need to rant at someone. It helps to get some of that anger out.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I do hope things get better for you soon.:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I hope you and your family are beginning to feel better.
Best Wishes,
Block F.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Feel for you mate. Throw me a message if you need to rant at someone. It helps to get some of that anger out.

I do hope things get better for you soon.:thumbsup:

Cheers to both of you.

I'm in a right state. I happened to watch earlier the 39 seconds highlights of last year's Cricket World Cup Final on the BBC website and I burst into tears, because it's from a different era now and I won't be watching any cricket this summer.

Even during the war, the pubs were open, football and cricket had exhibition and wartime games going on, churches were open - I was chatting to a lady in her 60's up the road from me the other day and she said as a church goer, not actually being able to go into her church and have a quiet, private prayer at a time like this is so, so difficult for her. I don't go to church nor am I religious, but I understand that entirely.

As pointed out above, the camaraderie and community spirit that was about a few weeks ago has gone now. They had that in WW2, I can't see it with this. Social distancing, lock down and everything stopped makes sure we won't.

However long this goes on for, we're not just going to be flicking the switch and carrying on exactly as before with everyone and everything all back in place as it was. It's going to be different and that will be upsetting too.

They've reduced the bus services round here from today. That's probably a good thing for me personally, because not seeing so many empty buses go by with nobody on them other than a driver wearing a mask, might help me as I can't bear seeing it. What a crumb of comfort to have to think of. How I so, really miss having a chat about Albion with a bus driver round here, whose name I don't even know, whenever I get on his bus who supports them as well. It's the little things like that and they all add up.

I'll get on my exercise bike this afternoon, I'll listen to some 90's dance music and Rave, maybe throw in a bit of Indie, Britpop or Madchester as well, lose myself in all that for a while, then find out how many people have died in the past 24 hours. Maybe work will call and tell me what I'm supposed to be doing as well.

Sake.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Cheers to both of you.

I'm in a right state. I happened to watch earlier the 39 seconds highlights of last year's Cricket World Cup Final on the BBC website and I burst into tears, because it's from a different era now and I won't be watching any cricket this summer.

Even during the war, the pubs were open, football and cricket had exhibition and wartime games going on, churches were open - I was chatting to a lady in her 60's up the road from me the other day and she said as a church goer, not actually being able to go into her church and have a quiet, private prayer at a time like this is so, so difficult for her. I don't go to church nor am I religious, but I understand that entirely.

As pointed out above, the camaraderie and community spirit that was about a few weeks ago has gone now. They had that in WW2, I can't see it with this. Social distancing, lock down and everything stopped makes sure we won't.

However long this goes on for, we're not just going to be flicking the switch and carrying on exactly as before with everyone and everything all back in place as it was. It's going to be different and that will be upsetting too.

They've reduced the bus services round here from today. That's probably a good thing for me personally, because not seeing so many empty buses go by with nobody on them other than a driver wearing a mask, might help me as I can't bear seeing it. What a crumb of comfort to have to think of. How I so, really miss having a chat about Albion with a bus driver round here, whose name I don't even know, whenever I get on his bus who supports them as well. It's the little things like that and they all add up.

I'll get on my exercise bike this afternoon, I'll listen to some 90's dance music and Rave, maybe throw in a bit of Indie, Britpop or Madchester as well, lose myself in all that for a while, then find out how many people have died in the past 24 hours. Maybe work will call and tell me what I'm supposed to be doing as well.

Sake.

I think we are all going slowly bonkers whether alone or cooped up indoors with family/friends all day, everyday.
Last night I could hear a man singing (a neighbour ..... somewhere), it went on for hours.
Hardly going out is getting to me. I don't get it, before the Arsenal match was postponed I seem to remember Boris quoting the virus couldn't survive outdoors. Now the police are telling me I can catch it off a park bench.

Take care
Stay strong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here