Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hows fathers day going dads?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Blueray DVD player from my three (Birthday Pressie as well) and I thank the lord I am lucky enough to be a father to my kids and share .

Remember only a few men are the violent, feckless barstards the media and feminazi's like to portray Dads as. Most dads are brilliant fathers, carers, protectors and providers to their families married or not.

Here's to all the Dad's that can't or are not allowed to be fathers to their children.

www.fnf.org.uk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Another year of no cards, calls or sms messages.
Perhaps when I next get a call asking for money I should say "oh I posted it. didn't you get it?"

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Took my dad to the Amex for a stadium tour and a meal, which was lovely but it ignited the 'best seat in the house' debate which has been going on and off for two years now. In all seriousness t'was a great afternoon and i think he enjoyed it (oh and the board room is set up for a meeting for tomorrow, but that could be for anyone or anything!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Perfect day! London 2 Brighton (lots of Palace shirts on display! But I guess it was a chance for then to escape for the day). Walk along the beach with the Mrs and returned to be greeted by a cold cider from my son! Life is good!!

Took my dad to the Amex for a stadium tour and a meal, which was lovely but it ignited the 'best seat in the house' debate which has been going on and off for two years now. In all seriousness t'was a great afternoon and i think he enjoyed it (oh and the board room is set up for a meeting for tomorrow, but that could be for anyone or anything!)

upper east best seat,sorted that one:blush:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice card and a bottle of vino from my lad. It was emotional.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Wife out, daughters out....it would have been a perfect day if I'd remembered to throw stones at the cyclists in Coldean Lane

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
my girls made my card. They stuck sweets to the card to represent some of the words, this is what it said.........

Dear Dad,
Since we are living on CHOCOLATE BUTTONS this present is RANDOMs, so please don't SNICKERs . If we were rich we would take you on an AEROplane or a spaceship so we could ORBIT around MARS. After reading this card you will have the MUNCHIES and will be ROLOing around on the floor with laughter so take a BREAKaway so you can eat this card.
Love from your MARVELLOUS CREATIONS .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Daughter and son in law took me tempin bowling....i won of course.....son actually remembered to buy a card this year well done! My own Dad is in Ireland on holiday enjoying the craic

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Lovely lunch at the Amex with the wife, son and daughter in law and the unseen presence of younger son who couldn't be there. Very impressed with everything at The Bupa Lounge. Friendly service and an excellent quality aand value meal - absolutely stuffed now. Four desserts on one plate, how good was that! Thanks boys for a lovely day. Now relaxing in front of the tv with a spot of pro celeb tennis.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
two cards (one home-made), a T-shirt, a book and some olives. All good stuff :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 hand drawn cards, one of which I look like the dog on.
Plus I get to take them to the cinema to see Despicable Me 2.

I've spent the day chasing around after them making sure they don't get into a 'situation'.

Only when I realised jnr was on 1 word demands, instead of asking did I snap.

Quiet end of evening kids in bed, I will be watching The American's with tea and custard creams.
(Wish I'd bought a family pack now)

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Having no kids ( that I know about :) ) I wasn't expecting any cards or gifts but did get a card from my dog this morning. :blush:

View attachment 43802
Did not even get that this year. Woken at 5:45 by one step-son going out to work. Not a card/pressie but news that one of the dogs had been sick; turns out to be properly serious and the dog is currently recovering from emergency surgery.
Took a card and present to father-in-law, who has just moved in to a nursing home. Got his usual response to the present "what am I supposed to do with that?" and in reply to "shall we put your card up on the side?" got "no".

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
email from sons, i didnt even know it was fathers day....mother put "you dont deserve this but they wanted to do it" - this is known as a 7 year dog house that will continue for eternity.....because......she is a dark manipulative black fractal hearted nutcase......ah, that feels better :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here