Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] How would you spend £180 million

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would run for president of the United States then once Elected I would then Verbally abuse everyone on Twitter for 4 years

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Pay for the North Stand shelf and make it my personal entertaining suite at the Amex.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'd give it away to all of my friends on NSC.

Hart's Shirt: "Did you do as I instructed and divide the £180m among all my friend's on NSC?"
Accountant: "Yes sir."
Hart's Shirt: "Ah, well; it was for the best. So tell me - how much do I have left in my account?"
Accountant: "£180m sir."

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
After giving to friends and charities, bought a house etc, I'd buy a massive industrial unit and create the bestest indoor karting track in the south east. Brighton STHs drive for free btw.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I would love to spend a wedge trying to build up a club like Lewes . improve ground etc and with a view to getting into football league .

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I would love to spend a wedge trying to build up a club like Lewes . improve ground etc and with a view to getting into football league .

Me too, but i think it might fast become a money drain, especially when the FL beckons. I'd rather have a go at a team from a county league, get them to the Ryman divisions.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Good call, I'd redevelop Middle Road Shoreham. . . . affordable housing! and build a Musselmen stadia on the Adur Rec.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Good call, I'd redevelop Middle Road Shoreham. . . . affordable housing! and build a Musselmen stadia on the Adur Rec.

I would love to do that with Shoreham , Often thought Middle road would make a great little league ground . Build a stand on the road side assuming you could get council to let you have that land . Build up the existing stand only industrial behind and build a new clubhouse with stand behind goal . enough space to develop into a nice ground .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The first thing would be to insist on my anonymity, the Lottery would hate it not being able to parade you around as some kind of celebrity. I would stay put let the dust settle but via my Coutts bank account I would distribute funds to my family members in order for them to discreetly buy a new house, car etc. Charities would benefit enormously from the millions now in my account. Where I now live is perfect for me, not a huge fan of hot climates but I would buy a property in Katoomba. ( Google it ) No flash cars for me, I worked in motorsport for over 40yrs, I know what a Ferrari looks like under the flash bodywork, TAT. Still its nice to dream and thats the fun of the Lottery. Best of luck everyone.

Absolutely - anonymity would be the first priority. A;so - of such a thing is possible - a bank account which would pay out money without the recipient knowing who it came from, so if I chucked a few million at a charity they wouldn't come rushing back to ask for a bit more!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'd buy as much land as I could around Sussex, even just small ransom strips, and save it from the developers hell bent on turning the Sussex coast into a mass of 8 storey luxury apartments.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
10 million on New house in Brighton somewhere flat.
House in Arizona
a few 60s muscle cars, a few lambrettas
a hair transplant

20 million in my bank
20 million in wifes bank
20 million in daughters bank
10 million my family
10 million her family
10 million friends

20 million on the albion, get a lifetime box and albion in the community.
50 million on charities

10 million give a way to strangers who i like the look of (no hippies or hipsters) random amounts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Over 30 years ago my boss asked the guys for a suggestion on how to spend a million quid, as long as it was not on property. We all racked our brains. I don't think we came up with anything persuasive because the old boy, now retired, own a massive converted farm in Sussex and a massive converted farm in New Zealand. He owned a Ferrari for a while when he lived in London, but it got keyed regularly so he gave up flash cars and bought something dull. Buying a property and doing it up became his thing. Having overseen an extension on my gaff, if I came into a vast bundle I'd go big time into propert development, looking to add real value and merit with exotic conversions and new builds. And yes, I absolutely adore Grand Designs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely - anonymity would be the first priority. A;so - of such a thing is possible - a bank account which would pay out money without the recipient knowing who it came from, so if I chucked a few million at a charity they wouldn't come rushing back to ask for a bit more!

I love a reluctant philanthropist :lolol:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Over 30 years ago my boss asked the guys for a suggestion on how to spend a million quid, as long as it was not on property. We all racked our brains. I don't think we came up with anything persuasive because the old boy, now retired, own a massive converted farm in Sussex and a massive converted farm in New Zealand. He owned a Ferrari for a while when he lived in London, but it got keyed regularly so he gave up flash cars and bought something dull. Buying a property and doing it up became his thing. Having overseen an extension on my gaff, if I came into a vast bundle I'd go big time into propert development, looking to add real value and merit with exotic conversions and new builds. And yes, I absolutely adore Grand Designs.

If I had £180m I'd be tempted to buy houses that had been done up and then deliberately strip value out of them by undoing all the development work and extensions. I guess I could justify this by claiming to be creating affordable housing, but in reality I'd just be indulging my own perverse sense of humour.

And if anybody thinks that would be a horrible thing to do, no I wouldn't actually do it. I might deliberately build some nice affordable housing though.

Edit: By which I mean, pay somebody else to build some nice affordable housing. I'd be to busy being attending all of Sussex's cricket matches to do any actual work.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I would give away £170m to schools, organisations, projects and individuals who helped me over the years or who I just admire a lot and then I would take the remaining £10m myself and live happily ever after.

Something along the lines of this but with gifting lots to family and friends as well as charity. Take my chunk and join the Starlizard syndicate and live off the proceeds.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd do a Bill Gates.

No, not injecting the whole world with micro chips, the other bit, the foundation.

Spend my time managing the investments to maximise the returns and personally manage what charities/organisations/communities get the earnings from the investments. Obviously on a far smaller and more local scale. And it would keep me off NSC so everyone's a winner :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here