Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I have yet to meet an angry remainer.

Yet most of the Brexiters I've met are angry.

Didn't see Saint Bob of Geldoff and his Boomtown Prats yesterday then?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Other: Get on with life and try not to be hacked off with the ever despondent feeling of being let down by pigs in Westminster feeding there belly's from the trough. No different from the quinquennial feeding frenzy that is the General Election really. No matter whether Cameron, Corbyn or Johnson, they'll let us down, it is their job to do just that. We'll be fleeced, if not by Europe then London. Status quo rules (and I don't mean them old warblers)!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If we vote to remain I will seriously think of joining my brother in Australia.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Why didn't you go years ago? You didn't have to wait for a referendum.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Will be greatly disappointed if we leave.

Will be angry when the pound slides 15%, and growth collapses as we have been well warned it will.

Will be deeply saddened when the country plunges into an avoidable recession.

Will be furious when in a fantastically misguided effort to hit a meaningless target thousands of highly productive and educated Europeans are told they are not welcome.

Will be bitter as the UK drifts into middling anonymity while the big decisions are taken by the US, EU and China.

Why didn't you go years ago? You didn't have to wait for a referendum.
Because I love it at home. I worry about becoming a puppet state to the EU. One voice in 60 million is bad enough but one voice in 520 million scares me. Not bothered about immigration, it has always gone on but loss of democratic voting rights and accountability is more important than anything else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the vote is to Leave, then I will seriously consider moving to another country.

Anyone wanting to leave will always have a friend and brother in Herr Tubthumper. I'll wait for you with a teddy bear at the train station.

Anyone wanting to leave will always have a friend and brother in Herr Tubthumper. I'll wait for you with a teddy bear at the train station.
I will return in 20 years as they all celebrate the break up of the European Soviet union, and dancing with joy to David Hasselhof singing as the beurocratic wall is torn down by the independent members of Europe.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Both sides are full of decent people who genuinely want the best for the country. A victory for either side will be fine for me - but a close vote will hopefully mean the other side continues to be listened to.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If we vote to remain I will seriously think of joining my brother in Australia.

Sucks doesn't it?

Such a crap state of affairs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Other. I'm a little bit confused by it all if I'm being honest, it's a bit like Hobson's choice. In the short term voting out looks like it'll have a catastrophic effect on the country, or at least that's what most of the (not unhinged) politicians and economists are saying. In the long term it might be alright or we might just sink, nobody knows because it's yet to happen. That said, we've been in Europe since the early 70's and has it really benefitted us as a nation? our health services, schools and everything else seems to be in decline. How many families rely on food banks to feed their children? Will leaving solve this?

Regardless of the outcome all of us will face the consequences of our decision, so we just as well make the best of whatever comes our way. Anger and resentment would be wasted energy.

Keep smiling everyone.

Both sides are full of decent people who genuinely want the best for the country. A victory for either side will be fine for me - but a close vote will hopefully mean the other side continues to be listened to.
Too sensible voice to be on this thread, where is your anger[emoji1]

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I've just done my postal vote and still unsure that I have made the right decision.

I think the short term feelings aren't that important it's how we will feel in two or three years time and whether we are better off financially.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
This is probably the most important decision for this country since 1945. Unsurprisingly then I shall be seething and never let it lie.
I've never thought the side I support would win. If I were a more enterprising bloke I'd already be organising the manufacture of thousands of "Don't Complain If You Voted Remain" T-shirts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree many on the Leave camp have more passion and will be upset if the vote doesn't go their way.

But many on the Remain side seem to think an economic crisis awaits if the vote doesn't go their way and a more Right wing Tory administration is inevitable and the UK may well break up and numerous other terrifying consequences will happen ... therefore if they really believe this they would be a tad miffed shirley?

Judging by the tone I also think some would rather this happen than be proved completely wrong.

Nobody likes to be proved wrong, but that's what happens in life (unless you refuse to commit to anything, which is not exactly a very lively position to adopt).

It is not just the Remain side that thinks there will be negative economic consequences. Most commentators think that there will be a short-term impact, although there is far less agreement about the longer-term effects. FWIW, the Remain camp have focused their campaign far too much on the projected economic impacts, rather than outlining an assessment of and a vision for why remaining in the EU is the better option.

This is probably the most important decision for this country since 1945. Unsurprisingly then I shall be seething and never let it lie.
I've never thought the side I support would win. If I were a more enterprising bloke I'd already be organising the manufacture of thousands of "Don't Complain If You Voted Remain" T-shirts.
I would buy one. Get manufacturing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here