Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am gutted but as a Lib Dem voter I'm used to disappointment.

What I find hard to accept is that it will take at least a decade to establish a normal world under Brexit - we are not geared up to deliver the Brexit changes quickly.

1. An Australian points-style system will have to handle thousands of application every day - we don't have the staff or resources for that.
2. We have to review all of our laws that have come from the EU, then we have to get the changes through parliament - that'll take years.
3. We'll have to negotiate trade deals with the rest of the world - that'll take years.
4. We'll have constitutional issues with Scotland and Northern Ireland and, no doubt, further referendums in the next few years as Sturgeon and Sinn Fein seize their chance - that will have repercussions for all of points 1-3 above, so we'll have to change all of that stuff that will already take years to change when Scotland exits the UK c. 2021/22.

I also feel very sorry for the young voters aged 18-25 who voted REMAIN who have been brought up in an open, mature, non-racist all-inclusive democracy who have effectively had this result foisted upon them by Eurosceptic voters of 55 and over who still remember the 70s with much fondness.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
My main fear is that this result will lead to not only the inevitable break up of the UK (United in name only, clearly) but also that other the EU itself will disintegrate, fracturing Europe completely, and opening the door to Russia to encroach, starting with the old USSR countries. The result is a ****ing security disaster.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Feel the remain camp are more angry than the leave would have been if they had lost.:moo:

I don't think that's true. Leave losers would have been far 'angrier' IMO.

I've not seen any 'angry' response, from people this morning at all. Disappointment, sadness, fear and shame. Not anger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've not seen any 'angry' response, from people this morning at all. Disappointment, sadness, fear and shame. Not anger.

I think the majority of committed REMAIN voters are still in the disbelief stage. The anger stage start to kick in later tonight after a few beers.

Right now it's the political equivalent of watching planes flying into the twin towers - a curious fascination takes hold while the act is taking place but when the dust settles the recriminations will start.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
My main fear is that this result will lead to not only the inevitable break up of the UK (United in name only, clearly) but also that other the EU itself will disintegrate, fracturing Europe completely, and opening the door to Russia to encroach, starting with the old USSR countries. The result is a ****ing security disaster.

yep

The challenge IMO for Leave was always to present a plan or vision for what would happen next. They didn't do that, and now we're in the unknown.

However what we do know is that at times like those, the less scrupulous will attempt to take advantage.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
yep

The challenge IMO for Leave was always to present a plan or vision for what would happen next. They didn't do that, and now we're in the unknown.

However what we do know is that at times like those, the less scrupulous will attempt to take advantage.

I don't see how any solid plans or visions could be stated when this has never been done before and the negotiations with EU upon exit are going to be complex and drawn out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I never thought I would feels so depresedI the day Cameron resigns, and Gideon is toast

Plus Farage and all of the UKIP MEP's are out of a job?

clouds-silver-lining-300x187.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I voted Remain so it isn't my preferred choice.

However,

(1) Life goes on

(2) There is not 1 absolute truth of a right or a wrong decision here, and as a whole the collective intelligence of the UK came down on the side of leaving. Not every brain has to agree with the result.

(3) We just don't know if some sort of new type of 'special association' with the EU can be agreed.

(4) If nothing is finalised by the next election then all futures may still be on the table.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Well, this is lovely. Apparently 52% of voters are racist. Remember when that word used to mean something?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Plus Farage and all of the UKIP MEP's are out of a job?

However, there will be loads of new jobs for them - as we'll have to employ tons of civil servants to negotiate with their newly employed EU equivalents....... and a load more to go through thousands of pieces of legislation to see what to keep and what mot to keep, and so on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here