Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if Scotland votes YES?

How will you feel if the Scots vote YES?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
There are as many people living in Yorkshire as there are in Scotland (about 5.3 million). Should they get a referendum too?

We don't want Independence so it would be pointless. I'd say Scotland is just big enough but has key issues such as a currency undecided.

Tony.jpg

I dont think Tony knows what a referendum is.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As a Scot living in Sussex for the past 35 years and whilst fully aware of this issue, it is only just beginning to sink in just how massive this is for all of us, and even more so for the huge number of Scots living in other parts of the UK and AND the huge number of non Scots, English, Welsh and Northern Irish who have happily settled north of the border, are we all now 'stateless'. Personally I am hopeful and fairly certain that a NO vote will result but hope that the UK government, at the time of agreeing to the referendum, will have inserted a clause in the paperwork that no further referendum would be allowed for at least 20 years, principally on the basis of cost of the exercise and by which time Salmond et al will have finally realised that their push for notoriety will have passed and any sensible citizen of Scotland (and the UK) will have realised that this referendum was no more than attention seeking.
I may be wrong but I am convinced that after the 18th we will be looking at the status quo.

Hopefully we can continue a sensible debate on NSC on this issue.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just read the numerous posts and it really boils down to this.

Salmond and his bunch of cohorts with a zero fiscal prospectus and near zero tolerance to a 'No' vote
or
a consensus across the board ,'democratic keep us together' and work it out campaign.

Even I am not old enough to have seen 1920s pre-Nazi Germany; but honestly this is nearly as close to what I imagine it must have been.

SNP and their campaign have shown no tolerance at all for any 'No' sentiment. The cyberNATS have been trolling non stop and physically defacing 'No' and 'Better Together' posters and banners. Also beating people up and egging/bricking properties? Is that acceptable? Democracy? I don't think so?

Salmond has divided a Nation, a Great Nation, all in one fell swoop. He is a nasty nasty man!

I am so distraught by it all that, if it does go to a Yes then me and I am sure many many others will sadly be forced to leave these fine shores for a 'non Nationalistic' fair and pro British environment.

So I say to you people who say 'I don't care!' or 'So what?'. I ask that you reconsider and look at how this will affect you and the rest of the UK? For surely it will, in a most sinister and bad bad way!

This ain't no laughing matter!

TMNBA

TTF

Indeed there is something fundamentalist about Salmond and co that is rather unpleasant, I just pray Scots realise the risks on Thursday and vote NO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here