Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I don’t think it’s to bad by Premier League standards.

However I would love those below the big screen to join in more. The amount of times you had 30/40 people in the block immediately to their right (looking at the pitch) singing a song they don’t join in.

Then when finished they start singing the same song themselves to our bemusement.

You cannot tell me they can’t hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
No way of creating either a singing section nor an area of unreserved seating without doing what we all rightly criticised Palace for - i.e. forcing current season ticket holders out of their current sears.

Likewise with the idea to move away supporters closer to the North stand.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bounce:

Perhaps it’s worth [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] emailing PB with some of these ideas.

The theme days were hugely popular in the early days of the Amex, I’m proposing a 1920’s circus theme for the next home game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:bounce:

Perhaps it’s worth [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] emailing PB with some of these ideas.

The theme days were hugely popular in the early days of the Amex, I’m proposing a 1920’s circus theme for the next home game.

I reckon a team that play for longer than 30 minutes on the front foot might help.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I think I speak for everyone when I suggest this list of guaranteed atmosphere boosters.

-Clappers
-Goal Music
-An X Factor contestant singing Sussex by the Sea each week. It's the best programme on TV and it would be brilliant to have such celebs on show.
-Rylan Clarke to replace Richie.
-Phone torch light-show on an agreed minute each match.

Throw in a mandatory Mexican wave and you have yourself a full house there :D

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
How about all stewards and police leave the stadium for the duration of the match?

That’d gee things up a bit.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Bring back that bloke who had a drum at Withdean, and the bloke who set the rockets off in the woods...

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Surely the easiest and simplest solution to improving the atmosphere is to win every game, get into Europe and win the champions league?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Surely the easiest and simplest solution to improving the atmosphere is to win every game, get into Europe and win the champions league?

I guarantee you even in that event thousands would still leave early and miss approx 1/3rd game due to hot dogs, beer, weak bladders etc.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I guarantee you even in that event thousands would still leave early and miss approx 1/3rd game due to hot dogs, beer, weak bladders etc.

Very true, though I’d hope we could be tolerant of those like me with weak bladders! However, near me there’s a bloke and his missus who, without exception, arrive 5 mins late for every match. They leave their seats on 40 mins for a half time bevvy and retake their seats on 50 minutes. Their attention span lasts for another 30/ 35 minutes before they leave. Why do they bother? If the club introduced a season ticket that allowed you to attend half a match, they’d be ideal candidates.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Need the whole of the North Stand standing for the whole game.

Move away fans next to the North Stand or get a more lively bit next to the away fans. I’ve suggested trying this out for cup games before, but no one’s bothered.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The words to gosbts on the big screen just stop, I cringe every game.

Yeah, it is a bit, but how our kids going to learn the words? They don’t teach it in school.

If it wasn’t for the words on the screen, I probably wouldn’t have known the lyrics. There’s a lot more to them than other football club’s songs. Ours actually means something for a start. One of the only songs that sings about where the team come from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here