Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Getting shot of cringey FanZone and Richie Reynolds would be a good start. Replace with music

I like this idea. Anything that gets rid of mumbling Reynolds. I tune him out at HT now because I know we won't be understand a word he says. TBH, I think it's probably just as much that the PA system is crap as it is Reynolds.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I am starting to get a little bored with the Albion video montage

I disagree, makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck watching that. Seeing it at Wembley last year (particularly after that ridiculous "maths" thing City rolled out) was quite something.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I like this idea. Anything that gets rid of mumbling Reynolds. I tune him out at HT now because I know we won't be understand a word he says. TBH, I think it's probably just as much that the PA system is crap as it is Reynolds.

It very much is the PA not RR. Moved from the front of SWC (heard everything fine) to the back of NS (hear nothing) a couple of seasons back. He isn't even background noise now, just a distant rumble.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Free Beer could work....

Delivered personally by... oh, I don't know... some random person or another...

CCE0957B-6517-4918-BDCA-6DC03835A5EF.jpeg.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Move the North stand crowd next to the away supporters in the South stand.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
More 3pm Saturday KOs so people go out and get s*** faced before the game without worrying about work the next day

This argument always comes up, i.e. people needing to be half cut before there’s an atmosphere. Are people really that inhibited that they’re too embarrassed to create an atmosphere without being tanked up?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think I speak for everyone when I suggest this list of guaranteed atmosphere boosters.

-Clappers
-Goal Music
-An X Factor contestant singing Sussex by the Sea each week. It's the best programme on TV and it would be brilliant to have such celebs on show.
-Rylan Clarke to replace Richie.
-Phone torch light-show on an agreed minute each match.

D

Deleted member 2719

No option for 'other'?

I said this from the Donny game at the AMEX, the singing section should be on halfway line west stand upper.

So we need to convince the Northstand that this is not the 'Goldstone.'

The acoustics have to be amplified if you are closer to the roof, (back half) therefore making it loud enough for the occasional singer to join in especially, either side of you, which in turn would pump east opposite you, and the and of the stadium.

We need a game where the club try off a one-match experiment stadium, them around.

Probably find too many that are stuck in their ways though!!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Have a safe standing section in the southwest corner.

Life ban for anyone found in possession of a half and half scarf.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
An idea shamelessly nicked from [MENTION=23289]father_and_son[/MENTION] who posted it on the 'Atmosphere today' thread:

Here's an idea... What if there were speakers/mics positioned at each end of the NS? Not talking about piping in crowd noise around the ground, but just enough that the two noisiest groups can hear each other clearly and cooperate (or at least not compete). Can't be that difficult for the club to arrange and a coordinated NS might just wake up the old f*rts in the East!

Think that might help. Well that and a standing area where the singers can easily congregate together obviously.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Safe standing is the only non-tinpot answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As mentioned many times before, away fans to ESL North end, plus SWC to NWC to create an elongated North full of people wanting to create an atmosphere.

So given the number of away support for example yesterday..wouldn’t that mean they would take up the whole of ESL to the halfway line? Bang next to the family area?
Personally I’d hate away support to be just below me as I’m ESU just to south of halfway line..but hey ho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here