Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i don't know what the answer is but the "hear a pin drop" situation cannot be good for the players.....giving away an equaliser 0n 76 minutes and people start walking out a few minutes later....it really is crap support , sure many will say they are entitled to leave when they want but there are just too many people who wouldn't make a noise if a donkey bit them.....i'm afraid if you are thinking about leaving with 10 -15 minutes left then i would have to call you out as not being a real fan....too many folk who just will not sing no matter what ........i definitely think a singing section should be looked into and maybe when some of these youngsters have grown up we will have a few more using their voices but for the moment it is dire......2500 villa fans made a right old racket on saturday and imho they lifted their team to nick a point .....GP can say what he likes in the programme but at the end of the day the paying " customer" needs to want to make some noise.....if they don't want to then you can't make them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Historical re-enactments of some famous Brighton dust ups of yesteryear. Presented by PPF and London Pompous.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Need the whole of the North Stand standing for the whole game.

Move away fans next to the North Stand or get a more lively bit next to the away fans. I’ve suggested trying this out for cup games before, but no one’s bothered.

I agree, the best atmosphere I have witnessed in the PL so far was at Huddersfield. One of the main reasons for this is they put their noisiest fans next to the away support and drown them out. This causes both sets of fans to try to out-do each other.

They also have a drum to keep fans in time, just saying.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I guarantee you even in that event thousands would still leave early and miss approx 1/3rd game due to hot dogs, beer, weak bladders etc.

Maybe the answer is better management of facilities by the club? Not the punters fault if they're having to queue for ages for a pee.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Win more home games, or is that too obvious?
Part of the problem is the type of fan the club have targeted since a certain person was appointed. The north concourse was buzzing before games young lads having a beer and a sing song pre this time. Now it’s more middle class folk talking about their latest extension or work situation, same on the way home no one really talks about the game they’ve just seen more interested in what’s for dinner or some other boring shite. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s just a coincidence but looking over the Spurs forum it has familiar similarities.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Part of the problem is the type of fan the club have targeted since a certain person was appointed. The north concourse was buzzing before games young lads having a beer and a sing song pre this time. Now it’s more middle class folk talking about their latest extension or work situation, same on the way home no one really talks about the game they’ve just seen more interested in what’s for dinner or some other boring shite. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s just a coincidence but looking over the Spurs forum it has familiar similarities.

You say targeted, how has the club done this?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Blimey that's not my experience of the NS concourse; ES concourse yes maybe. I don't understand what you mean about "type of fan the club have targeted"? People use their own free will to attend or not attend a match, and where in the ground they sit. If you mean we've built a good safe stadium which means that more women and families attend, then yes that is, true but they don't tend to sit in the NS.

My observation as to why the atmosphere is often disappointing in the NS is that a lot of people just can't be a*sed to join in the singing.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The north has changed a bit.
I think the biggest difference between PL atmosphere and Championship atmosphere though is the general lack of evening games in the PL and the stupid TV kick off times. Atmosphere was fine on Saturday.
I’ve said for years that I’d make the north over 18’s only though.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The north has changed a bit.
I think the biggest difference between PL atmosphere and Championship atmosphere though is the general lack of evening games in the PL and the stupid TV kick off times. Atmosphere was fine on Saturday.
I’ve said for years that I’d make the north over 18’s only though.

Many of them are 10 years older than when they first bought their Season Tickets.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Seems like some people might be in denial about the sort of fan we’ve been attracting.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
As someone who has been constantly criticised for writing chants/songs which are 'too wordy', I find it truly staggering that the club constantly refuse my request to distribute a song book to every fan so we can all join in together.

This is a good idea. There are lots of fans who are not 'in the know' when it comes to joining in with the chants. I've been singing 'We've been to Wembley' instead of 'Withdean to Wembley' for months, until Sat when I cottoned on.

Maybe just a lyrics thread on NSC which can be plugged on socials for those who would like to join in would help rather than an official song sheet/book. Got to be simpler and better than clown suits, megaphones, clackers or any kind of seat changes. It might even rekindle some classics.

"KNOCK KNOCK!!......"

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Blimey that's not my experience of the NS concourse; ES concourse yes maybe. I don't understand what you mean about "type of fan the club have targeted"? People use their own free will to attend or not attend a match, and where in the ground they sit. If you mean we've built a good safe stadium which means that more women and families attend, then yes that is, true but they don't tend to sit in the NS.

My observation as to why the atmosphere is often disappointing in the NS is that a lot of people just can't be a*sed to join in the singing.
It’s definitely changed clientele near me in the North an annoying ****er behind me you tells everyone to sit down families and an old couple on the end who never seem to enjoy themselves just sit with miserable faces like a slapped arse.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Here are a few popular ideas that could improve the atmosphere at the Amex, which of these are worth trialling?

???

Pre Match/Half Time DJ - DJ on the pitch to generate some tub thumping tunes to get supporters psyched for the big game.

Theme Days - It worked before but not something we do anymore but bring back theme days, we could have things like 1920's circus, P party, american idols, super hero day etc

Singing Section - A dedicated singing section in the North Stand, or one close to the away supporters.

A band/orchestra in the stadium - Generates a wonderful atmosphere at England games, could be trialled at the Amex to whip the crowd into a frenzy and provide a backing track to sing along to.

Club to provide new chants/song sheets - Employees within the club to come up with some new and unique to us songs for us to sing and handout songsheets so everyone knows the words.

Involve the audience in P.A announcements

Unreserved seating in certain areas - Allows groups of friends to sing together who may be more likely to sing as a group.

BHAFC Choir

Squad players to mingle with and encourage fans to get behind the boys pre match

Any other suggestions?

Are you bored today?

One way to improve the atmosphere would be if the police box crew didn't appear to act like a clique and instead acted as the galvanising section for the entire crowd.

An example has been the destruction of 'We're the North Stand/We're the West Stad' chant, which even if you don't like it was pretty impressive until certain members of the crowd decided that it wasn't good enough.

Last edited:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Win more home games, or is that too obvious?

Tongue in cheek post I imagine/hope, but for me it’s a one way street, the fans doing their bit regardless, rallying the team. I really don’t buy into this ‘the team need to give us something to cheer’ mindset, or ‘we need a flashpoint to spark the crowd.’

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Historical re-enactments of some famous Brighton dust ups of yesteryear. Presented by PPF and London Pompous.

So you’re suggesting we invite down half a dozen bespectacled Maidstone Utd fans who work in teaching or accounting, so that a couple of ill spoken, shaven headed, orc lookalikes can barge past them on a train platform and swear at them, before claiming they’ve “taken” the town. It would provide a temporary balm to alleviate the misery they must feel from a lifetime of unhappiness and failure I suppose. Let's try it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here