Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How strong should the team we put out be versus Grimsby?

How strong should the squad be versus Grimsby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Why would we want to rest players to the benefit of their national teams? Play our strongest lineup and hope any of our internationals pick up minor injuries that keep them out of international football and sees them return in time for our next league game. I couldn't care less about Ecuador and Argentina etc.
It's not about the other countries, it's about controlling what we can control to manage workload before the busy run in

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Maybe rest players that are carrying injuries, apart from that, best possible team. Substitutions similar to West Ham if we’re cruising. We all want to win this 100% and I think RDZ knows this as does TB and whole squad. 40 years since 83, let’s go one better. UTA.
Indeed - if I never get to hear, "...and Smith must score!" again, it'll still be too soon. Being there for the Final (and replay) the emotions ran high. So near, yet so far, etc.
It's well within our capabilities, this year.
As Picard is fond of saying, "Make it so".

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Same line up as yesterday but with Fergie in for Welbz.

Ideally get a few goals ahead early doors and get Enciso, Sarmiento & co on by 60 mins so the ones in their national teams can have a break before they go off on international duty.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Very, very busy fixture schedule coming up in April...

Should this be an opportunity to rest some key players, or should we instead give our young players some more first team experience and rest some key players?
best team available, hopefully score 2 or 3, then if so, then start to rotate off/rest the key players....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Spurs paid the price for making 6 changes away to Sheffield United and got rightly pilloried by their own fans in doing so.

Let's not make the same mistake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd say that's about right, Jeremy Sarmiento is a young player that l very much like and who could walk into the starting eleven at most Premier League clubs. I would be tempted to play him and rest Mitoma, and Billy Gilmour, who must of thought he would be starting far more games by now, can come in for Moises.
Of course he won't play the 'strongest' eleven.

He never does.

He plays the most appropriate eleven for the job in hand.

I'd be surprised to see Sanchez in goal though. I suspect he may well have met his Socceroo-style event horizon. If not, happy days.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you asked any player if he wants to be rested, my guess is that it would be a big fat Roberto De Zero!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A strong team is a must. Anything less is disrespectful to Grimsby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here