Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How strong should the team we put out be versus Grimsby?

How strong should the squad be versus Grimsby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Thanks for the reasoned response, I was just expecting the, seemingly unjustified, worst outcome.
I totally get it; I imagine it feels a bit like you’re entering your shiny, brand new Bugatti into the local stock car race but, honestly, our lot are much more like a quiet drive in the country. A real pleasant bunch, I promise you.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
After Charlton I can’t see RDZ taking any chances with this one and he will want a cup semi final in his first season in England on his CV

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Go strong and go hard.

If the game goes our way then make wholesale substitutions to give others game time.
I think that would be RDZ’s mindset too - our little Italian maestro definitely wants some metal on the shelf but even him just getting us as far as Wembley would be a major achievement for his first season I think and one he’d very much relish as a manager new to English football. The only change I might make is to pitch Sanchez (not because Steele wouldn’t be up to the job but because a back up goal keeper (if that is what Sanchez now is) needs games.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if this team would be strong enough:

————————Sanchez————————-
Lamptey—-Webster——Dunk——Estupinian
————Gilmour———-Caicedo—————-
March————Sarmiento—————-Mitoma
——————-—-Ferguson————————-

We can’t keep ‘playing our strongest team’ with fixtures list absolutely crammed in April and May. They’ll be exhausted. We should make a few changes.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Full strength. Take the foot off the gas if we end up with the luxury of actually having burned them into the ground first. This is the first FA Cup 6th round home tie I'll have ever seen us play at home and I don't understand any Albion fan who thinks this will be easy.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Lamptey in for me, deserves a game. And one of the South American youngsters too.

Van Hecke did well at Stoke, so deserves to keep his place IMO.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Very, very busy fixture schedule coming up in April...

Should this be an opportunity to rest some key players, or should we instead give our young players some more first team experience and rest some key players?
can't really expect much in April really 4 or 5 points max.......start with strongest 11 then sub a few off if we build a decent lead....lets have a go at the cup.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Colwill seems unlikely to play 2 games so close together after a long lay off.

Not playing Sanchez would be harsh on him after expecting him to miss cup games when 1st choice.

Hope we have 7 + regulars starting though.

Seagull Stew

Keep the spine of the team playing (Estupinan, Dunk, Mac Allister, Caicedo, Mitoma) but make some replacements to other first team players (Sarmiento for Gross, Lamptey for Veltman, Enciso for March, Van Hecke for Colwill.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If anyone thinks RDZ isn’t going to really go for this they have not been paying attention
I agree and as I said above, he has clearly been going for this hard since Charlton knocked us out of the Carabao and would I think relish the idea of even just getting us to Wembley for the semis or final (which would be an achievement in itself for his first season with us) but he obviously has his eyes on this as potentially our only route to Europe this season.

Looks like the only change from the recent league side will, as I thought, be Sanchez - then rotate the youngsters in once we have the game in the bag - I would certainly like to see Buonanotte off the bench since he’s been out of the past few league games.

I will feel no compassion for Grimsby, I want us to mercilessly hammer them whilst being consummate hosts and making it a great occasion for them and their away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here