Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How strong should the team we put out be versus Grimsby?

How strong should the squad be versus Grimsby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Very, very busy fixture schedule coming up in April...

Should this be an opportunity to rest some key players, or should we instead give our young players some more first team experience and rest some key players?

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
1678985446016.png

Players have two weeks b4 next league game. GET THE GAME WON BY HALF TIME THEN REST A FEW! SOUTHGATE NOT PICKING LEWIS OR SOLLY HAS MADE RDZ JOB EASIER FOR SUNDAY. CRUSH THE MARINERS ASAP.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we assume that there'll be a couple of automatic rotations from last night (e.g. Ferguson for Welbeck, Sanchez might come back in) then I think the only player(s) you can maybe make a case for resting are Mitoma and Caicedo. I would expect Sarmiento and Gilmour to be able to come in and perform as the next cabs off the rank. Other than that, just pick the same team as last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What did he actually do to get a card? I assume it was something to do with Doucore being allowed to foul at will after his first yellow?

Did he run on the pitch, abuse the fourth official, kick a water bottle at the ref or lino?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I would rest any player called up for international duty and pick the strongest team left

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What did he actually do to get a card? I assume it was something to do with Doucore being allowed to foul at will after his first yellow?

Did he run on the pitch, abuse the fourth official, kick a water bottle at the ref or lino?
Every card he’s got he’s been absolutely correct - Villa / Fulham / Last night - just pointing out shocking officiating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Every card he’s got he’s been absolutely correct - Villa / Fulham / Last night - just pointing out shocking officiating.
I agree but I’d like to know what he actually did for the ref to book him

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Full strength. Absolutely luzz the kitchen sink at 'em.
This.

And should we win, I'd give them all the squad a couple of days off both for getting to Wembley and for how well we've done so far.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Steele, Veltman, Dunk, Webster, Gross, March, Colwill and Welbeck all have a guaranteed two week break so no need to worry about them and too many games. 7/8 of them in the starting line up for sure. Personally I would go absolutely full strength.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

It was on the hour mark, straight after Caicedo had been booked I think, and he was waving an imaginary yellow card at the West Stand and throwing his arms up, which isn't surprising seeing what happened at the end of the first half.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we assume that there'll be a couple of automatic rotations from last night (e.g. Ferguson for Welbeck, Sanchez might come back in) then I think the only player(s) you can maybe make a case for resting are Mitoma and Caicedo. I would expect Sarmiento and Gilmour to be able to come in and perform as the next cabs off the rank. Other than that, just pick the same team as last night.
I'd say that's about right, Jeremy Sarmiento is a young player that l very much like and who could walk into the starting eleven at most Premier League clubs. I would be tempted to play him and rest Mitoma, and Billy Gilmour, who must of thought he would be starting far more games by now, can come in for Moises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here