Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How stressed are you?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Having not taken the test yet, I'd guess I'll be hitting very high twenties, possibly into the thirties.

Hugely unpleasant atmosphere at work and struggling to find another job paying in same range, so looking like I'll be taking a big hit in the paypacket to get my score down!

Done Test now any scored 26 (less than I expected!)... would say that under better circumstances, I'd have scored less than 10.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The only ones i scored highley in, are poor sleeping pattern and getting distracted from the task in hand.

I scored badly on the latter too, but it's absolutely nothing to do with stress, and more to do with me having no attention span at all. And with that, I should be doing some work.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
3 for me, life is good and if things did go wrong I'd always say that as long as we are healthy then nothing else matters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
16 for me but I put that down to just being well and truly f**ked over by Npower !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The only ones i scored highley in, are poor sleeping pattern and getting distracted from the task in hand.

Anyone posting on here must have answered at least 'often' for getting distracted from the task in hand!! :lolol:

I got 12 as well.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You scored 14 out of 32 - Quite high... at least higher than I'd like

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You scored 27 out of 32

0-16 low stress, 17-24 medium stress, 25-32 high stress

You show many of the symptoms of stress, suggesting that you may not be coping with the day-to-day pressure you are under.

To be fair that is pretty bang on the money, so much so I feel as if it is all worth it, I hate the day to day bullshit and sometimes have very dark thoughts.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Another 7 here. And another believer in running helping keep things under control.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
EIGHT.

Thought it would be higher as I've had the year from hell but it's probably that low as I can see the other side now.

I know a few women who had post natal depression and swear running all but cured them of it. I am a terrible runner but go for regular bike rides these days. Feel great after them even if I have had a couple of narrow collision escapes.

It is quite commonly used for depression. I think exercise in general probably helps whether it is running, cycling or whatever. For me it clears my mind, I also use it as time to think about any issues which need thinking through, I like the challenge of distances and times, I listen to new music, it is healthy (until your knees go) and I get to see my surroundings. I now run mainly in the morning and it is such a great feeling being out and about early especially in the summer. Probably the single most important item in my well being.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You scored 6 out of 32

0-16 low stress, 17-24 medium stress, 25-32 high stress

You are generally coping well with the day-to-day pressure you are under.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
13 for me, probably cos I answered not sleeping well. Could be because I have too much caffeine during the day or because oh, scratch that. I don't really care enough to worry about it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 for me, only managed to answer one question as Never

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
7 for me but fell down badly on the last two questions - I've always been indecisive so hardly a sign of stress and getting easily distracted from the task in hand isn't surprising as I work from home and am connected to the internet so of course I'm going to be easily distracted, especially when the transfer window is open!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here