Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money and how many players?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
We really need a Charlie Oatway type player in midfield. Someone who is vocal, leads the team and is not afraid to get stuck in.

I remember the season we stayed up under McGhee, he was injured for a fair while at the start of the season and helped us battle to safety when he came back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have we not got Diarra on trial to play as DM? So assuming he is ok it is the attacking midfield we are short of. I dont think that we will keep Elliott Bennett as it appears Norwich are going to get a substantial bid for Nathan Redmond and he would then fill that spot for them.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Have we not got Diarra on trial to play as DM? So assuming he is ok it is the attacking midfield we are short of. I dont think that we will keep Elliott Bennett as it appears Norwich are going to get a substantial bid for Nathan Redmond and he would then fill that spot for them.

Is not Diarra an eventual replacement for Jones?

_70565445_nathanjones.jpg
"What?"
2114547.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Changes I'd like to make to the side in January,

Keep Gardener until we can get perminant replacement

Ship out Kemy sorry but should have been a fantastic signing just has not worked out and Joe Bennett is not the left back we need nowhere as good as we have had for the past two seasons

Extend the loans or try to buy E Bennett, Bent and Halford.

The hard BEAST for central midfield I was hoping Toko was this player looking at the videos before he arrived no one was getting up after he tackled them, but never seen him play in the flesh

Rohan Ince is a great squad player needs another year, so the best midfielders we have are Stevens Crofts and Holla two are out long term and Hollas form appears to have dipped which leaves us JFC again he needs another year as a squad player, KILL is not a central midfielder but is played there as we have little other options .

so I think we need two midfielders who can win balls and one left back, play the wingers as wingers Bent uptop with Colunga as the playmaker behind Bent In a 1-4-5-1 formation

Absolutely not. We are in a scrap for our lives and do not need players who have absolutely no commitment or desire and basically play for themselves..... Gardner can sod off back to Villa, in the main has been dreadful.

I would rather see Kemy, Toko, Holla or Ince start in front of him. In fact, George Cole, Charlie Harris or any other Development Squad player would be better.....

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington

I would like to see Diarra in the middle against Wolves or Reading. That would give us some bite.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
It feels strange. hyppia and Naylor keep going on about not being able to gel a team after the mass exodus last season.

Yet Hyppia never picks the same team and rotates the squad and wants more money.

Surely even more new players will find it even harder to gel?

Can't have it both ways Sammi?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
In my opinion we need ONE player. A double hard ******* centre midfielder, who CARES, and will run through brick walls for the team. One player like this will lift the rest to actually acre a bit, and that one simple thing, will make a massive difference.

the only one who looked like he CARED on Friday, was Calde, and he wasn't even on the pitch.

Was discussing this Friday. We need an Oatway or El Abd style of character in our team!

We also need some creativity too though, we haven't replaced Buckley or noone, we need creative or direct wingers... Ditching the current system too?! why we're at it!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
To do it that way we would have to drop Bennett because he is now playing the role that Bruno had.

Fine he's been abject at best

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I reckon at least another 7 players, for Sammi to rotate. Christ on a bike, he doesn't and hasn't known what his best team is since he has been here. Why confuse the poor fella even more. He comes across confused enough as it is. I refuse to believe this clown will be given any money to spend, when he thinks JFC is undropable. He clearly wouldn't know a good player, if one slapped him in the face.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yes more players that will need time to 'gel' is really the answer isn't it?

How many more players is it going to take us signing before somebody realises that it's not ALL about the fvcking players?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't see how Tony will not now spend big in January to stay in the division, and even bust FFP to do so.

No other strategy makes sense.

If we can get Diarra ( if fit ), another central midfielder, Elliott Bennett, and a hero striker it will be a good start. Perhaps a central defender as well.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
It surprises me that we're crying out for a tough tackling CM, when all of Toko's videos for Grasshoppers showed him to be exactly that

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I suppose if Sami is given the opportunity to choose his own players and not have 3rd raters hoisted upon him by Burke and Barber to save a shilling then he can't use the shambolic happenings of pre season as a excuse anymore ... it depends I suppose how much Bloom wants to back him and I think once again most would have to be short term because of the likelyhood or near certainty of relegation and the loss in revenue that will follow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here