Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money and how many players?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
All of it, up to the limit of Bloom's wealth.
And all of them -- in sixes and dozens.
Cost no object.

I am entitled to nothing less. I am Albion

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I do agree, but at this moment in time it won't happen. I would also throw in in the Director of Football Operations or whatever Burke's title is.

Bored of saying it, but the summer was a shambles. All this judge us at the end of the transfer window, was frankly, absolute rubbish. All it proved was those selecting the players didn't know their arse from their elbow.

When the whistle went at Derby, we knew we needed a LB, we had Ward seemingly in our pocket, hell he was effectively captive all season, but apparently we couldn't/didn't want to close the deal, just to save a few thousand - well that worked well. We now have a LB that can't defend.

We (reportedly) paid £1m for a keeper who at best is struggling form wise, and released a more than capable keeper on a 'free'.

Even Andrews was better than Gardner. We have Toko, Holla not playing, Kemy another we clearly did a lot of homework on. Purchased Baldock again for (reportedly) £1.5+ , when we already had a similar player in CMS....

What on earth is going on. As much as I am thankful to Bloom, he must be incredibly poorly advised or completely oblivious to what is staring him in the face......

On a positive note. I like the trip to Orient and international weekends are a pain.....

There goes the problem what does Tony Bloom know about picking a good player than any of us fans, so he relies on his staff to advise him. So what makes Burke an expert, what level did he play himself, who has he ever found who he can point to and say, I discovered him and look at what a great career he has had or having.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IN:
CD
CMx2
E.Bennett
Hero Striker.
Another striker.

OUT:
Gardner
Halford
CMS
Kemy
Toko?
OGrady

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In my opinion we need ONE player. A double hard ******* centre midfielder, who CARES, and will run through brick walls for the team. One player like this will lift the rest to actually acre a bit, and that one simple thing, will make a massive difference.

the only one who looked like he CARED on Friday, was Calde, and he wasn't even on the pitch.
Bring back AEA!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I do agree, but at this moment in time it won't happen. I would also throw in in the Director of Football Operations or whatever Burke's title is.

Bored of saying it, but the summer was a shambles. All this judge us at the end of the transfer window, was frankly, absolute rubbish. All it proved was those selecting the players didn't know their arse from their elbow.

When the whistle went at Derby, we knew we needed a LB, we had Ward seemingly in our pocket, hell he was effectively captive all season, but apparently we couldn't/didn't want to close the deal, just to save a few thousand - well that worked well. We now have a LB that can't defend.

We (reportedly) paid £1m for a keeper who at best is struggling form wise, and released a more than capable keeper on a 'free'.

Even Andrews was better than Gardner. We have Toko, Holla not playing, Kemy another we clearly did a lot of homework on. Purchased Baldock again for (reportedly) £1.5+ , when we already had a similar player in CMS....

What on earth is going on. As much as I am thankful to Bloom, he must be incredibly poorly advised or completely oblivious to what is staring him in the face......

On a positive note. I like the trip to Orient and international weekends are a pain.....

I despair if Sammi and Burke are going to be bringing players in the January window - complete waste of time - lets use the budget to pay both Sammi & Burke off!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
IN:
CD
CMx2
E.Bennett
Hero Striker.
Another striker.

OUT:
Gardner
Halford
CMS
Kemy
Toko?
OGrady

I'd agree with that, although I only think we need 1xCM - the double hard ******* previously mentioned.

Also, unfortunately, there is more chance of me getting a 3 year contract* than of us finding some mugs to take Kemy off of our hands.

*I'm almost 39 and have always been a fairly shit footballer.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Changes I'd like to make to the side in January,

Send back Gardner ( actually, does his loan end anyway?)

Ship out Kemy and toko.

Get Joe Bennett in on a permanent deal, I think he is decent enough. He struggles with The tactics but he was class when he was in this division before and has shown signs of being a left back for us (if used correctly, with the right support)

Extend the loans of E Bennett, Bent and Halford.

Sign a Double hard BEAST for central midfield.

I'd than probably play the new midfielder alongside Ince to give us a bit of physicality in the midfield. As this current time we are in a relegation scrap, we need to build from the back.

I would also experiment with Halford at right back to make us a bit more solid at the back.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Terminator;6709248 I would also experiment with Halford at right back to make us a bit more solid at the back.[/QUOTE said:
He has played against us as a full back on a couple of ocassions and was awful. The only position that he is acceptable at is CB

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i would send elliott bennett back to norwich and i know everyone loves him but i think hes been poor since hes come back and i know he been out for a while

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The frustrating thing is we're not that far off a mid table team. However, I can't see Hyypia getting us anywhere near that. Assuming Bent goes, we need a new striker who can hold the ball up and a replacement for Bennett, assuming his loan spell ends.

People talk about our midfield but I think Ince and Holla are definitely good enough, they're just not played from the start. If we got a new manager in, who could bring their own backroom team, I am confident we can still stay up with a couple of additions. With Hyypia remaining in charge, it's hard to see us getting even close to survival, no matter how many new signings we make in January. Hope I am proved wrong but feeling as negative about the club at the moment as I have ever done!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A double hard beast of a centre midfielder!

Plus a younger right back, a striker, Elliott Bennett on a permanent deal, and a decent centre back. Wishful thinking!

...and we can ship out O'Grady, Toko, Halford, Gardner and Kemy.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Changes I'd like to make to the side in January,

Keep Gardener until we can get perminant replacement

Ship out Kemy sorry but should have been a fantastic signing just has not worked out and Joe Bennett is not the left back we need nowhere as good as we have had for the past two seasons

Extend the loans or try to buy E Bennett, Bent and Halford.

The hard BEAST for central midfield I was hoping Toko was this player looking at the videos before he arrived no one was getting up after he tackled them, but never seen him play in the flesh

Rohan Ince is a great squad player needs another year, so the best midfielders we have are Stevens Crofts and Holla two are out long term and Hollas form appears to have dipped which leaves us JFC again he needs another year as a squad player, KILL is not a central midfielder but is played there as we have little other options .

so I think we need two midfielders who can win balls and one left back, play the wingers as wingers Bent uptop with Colunga as the playmaker behind Bent In a 1-4-5-1 formation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here