Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money and how many players?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No offence to Rohan, who I like very much, but he is absolutely NOT double-hard. In fact considering he is an absolute BEAST of a man, he's a bit of a pussy. He should be dominating people, and he really doesn't do that.

We need you

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No offence to Rohan, who I like very much, but he is absolutely NOT double-hard. In fact considering he is an absolute BEAST of a man, he's a bit of a pussy. He should be dominating people, and he really doesn't do that.

Agree with everything you've said, but in addition to our hard man, he should also be starting (to leave him out after Derby was madness), we need some height, we are soft, soft, soft and in all honesty a bit pathetic at the minute.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree with everything you've said, but in addition to our hard man, he should also be starting (to leave him out after Derby was madness), we need some height, we are soft, soft, soft and in all honesty a bit pathetic at the minute.

Quite possibly, yes.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stephens must be nearing fitness? Send back waste of space Gardner and get some EXPERIENCE in, someone who puts a foot in and doesn't waste chsnces. Also need a winger and a striker, but will Sami use them effectively? Doubt it. Not sure why we'd need another CB or RB, would rather spend money on useful attackers and creative players.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I double dare you* to tell him that on boxing day. Say "Oi Rohan, you're not double hard in fact you're a bit of a pussy. I would DOMINATE you!"

*double dare means you've GOT to do it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly can't believe that the club are contemplating backing him further.
Seems the worse you do (Adams mk 2 and now Hyypia) the more money they give out whereas Oscar was left hanging this time year. Laughable

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I double dare you* to tell him that on boxing day. Say "Oi Rohan, you're not double hard in fact you're a bit of a pussy. I would DOMINATE you!"

*double dare means you've GOT to do it.

Thing is, he'd just smile, and laugh it off. Because he's NOT nasty, or double hard.

We need a nasty double hard bugger. In fact the Millwall #27 (McDonald?) dominated our pussy midfield on Friday, just by being nasty and WANTING it. He was only a little (fat) lad.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we need.

A decent CD option. Greer is getting older and injuries are catching up.
A young RB Calde/Bruno are on the down slope. We need to start rebuilding properly.
Two LB's because neither of the ones we have are good enough.
At least one strong aggressive DMC
Someone in the forward areas with pace.

How many of those are we likely to get? Not many I suspect...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Believe it or not I totally agree with you. When he played in midfield and Caldy right back they played well together.

Wow ... it really is Christmas :kiss:

Thing is, in the situation we are in, we need as many of the experienced pros on the pitch as possible. Playing Bruno there means we can get Calde in as right back.

And if we still have cover in Hughes.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We need 2 new midfield players (assuming Stephens is not going to be fit any time soon).

A left back - don't rate Bennett defensively.

But most of all we need a complete a change of tactics to make us more of a solid unit. (This will involve sacking the manager).

Corrected for you

Dec 29, 2011
I think it would be better if we played Bruno in midfield.

Before the OP lays into me as I know he's not keen on Mr Saltor, he's the most creative player we have, he can pick a pass, from what I've seen he does care and works hard and also he might add some experience to the rest of them.

Play him and Ince side by side. Brawn and brains.

He actually looked decent when he played in midfield at the start of the season. Holla, Ince and Bruno would be a nice combination as they all bring different playing styles to the midfield.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
In my opinion we need ONE player. A double hard ******* centre midfielder, who CARES, and will run through brick walls for the team. One player like this will lift the rest to actually acre a bit, and that one simple thing, will make a massive difference.

the only one who looked like he CARED on Friday, was Calde, and he wasn't even on the pitch.

Exactly, been saying this all season. Shame Brian Horton can't knock 40 years off his age

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Corrected for you

I do agree, but at this moment in time it won't happen. I would also throw in in the Director of Football Operations or whatever Burke's title is.

Bored of saying it, but the summer was a shambles. All this judge us at the end of the transfer window, was frankly, absolute rubbish. All it proved was those selecting the players didn't know their arse from their elbow.

When the whistle went at Derby, we knew we needed a LB, we had Ward seemingly in our pocket, hell he was effectively captive all season, but apparently we couldn't/didn't want to close the deal, just to save a few thousand - well that worked well. We now have a LB that can't defend.

We (reportedly) paid £1m for a keeper who at best is struggling form wise, and released a more than capable keeper on a 'free'.

Even Andrews was better than Gardner. We have Toko, Holla not playing, Kemy another we clearly did a lot of homework on. Purchased Baldock again for (reportedly) £1.5+ , when we already had a similar player in CMS....

What on earth is going on. As much as I am thankful to Bloom, he must be incredibly poorly advised or completely oblivious to what is staring him in the face......

On a positive note. I like the trip to Orient and international weekends are a pain.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here