How much did your first ever beer cost you?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Going the other way I paid £7.90 for a pint of Mikkeller Centennial on Friday night after the football as I felt like treating myself.

Where was that ? I spent too much in The Brewery Tap before the game on posh beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where was that ? I spent too much in The Brewery Tap before the game on posh beer.

Craft Beer Co, Upper North St. What's Brewery Tap like these days? It started off well but I gave up on it after a few weeks as only a handful of taps were working and they only had the well known beers and I prefer to try a few unknown/new ones from time to time. I'm prepared to head back if it's returned to its former self.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
c. 1982

90 pence a pint for lager or cider - does that sound about right. Drunk at the likes of Shades (Royal Pav Tav)?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Craft Beer Co, Upper North St. What's Brewery Tap like these days? It started off well but I gave up on it after a few weeks as only a handful of taps were working and they only had the well known beers and I prefer to try a few unknown/new ones from time to time. I'm prepared to head back if it's returned to its former self.

It was ok. Tried lots - they have that 3 x 3rd of a pint deal - but like you say I think maybe an occasional visit would suffice. I haven't tried Craft Beer Co yet but I have had some excellant Mikkellers in that place down Middle street when it was open.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
70p a pint for Heineken in the Oxford Union back in 1991.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm thinking it was in the region of 30p for a pint of very cold, very fizzy Heineken or Carlsberg in some hostelry in Horsham in about 1976.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Gosh 15p per pint or 20p for a double with mixer at the "Dolby Arms"....ciggies were either 15p or 20p a pack if my grey matter is working today....! Okay it was subsidised and a perks of the job but you need to look after the crew as other then getting pissed was not a whole lot else to do.....!! That was back around '78/9

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Don't recall the actual amount, but under 30p.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
A can of Labatts lager when I was 14. Used to drink in the park after school. It must have been around 90p which is about the same price as now as alcohol is so cheap in supermarkets.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Mid 70s around 30p for Lager Bitter was cheaper. Trophy Bitter no wonder I Drank Larger in them days.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
T'was 1/9d for a pint of brown and mild in the green dragon in the early 70's. About 1/6d in the Queen Anne or Bosun in the 60's.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
1990 - Tennants green - £1.45. That was a great pint back then. Also the good old Light and Bitter, about £1.50

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
About 1974 and as we were still at school the landlord prefered to sell us halves at 10p. Prices increased quickly in the few years after that and there was horror when a pint cost a quid. It was good paying less than 2 quid at Burnley this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports