Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much did the Marseille cost you ? / Athens trip tips.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
I hate to think what this season is going to cost overall. With all the away games to keep points up for knockout stages, Amsterdam & Athens, season ticket, next round, may be looking to take out another mortgage

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What do we think the interest in Athens will be?

One of our group is in Tier 2 so slightly nervous after Ajax.
If those in Tier 2 that missed out for Ajax, they may see that AEK as their one chance to see the Albion in action in Europe. It could therefore be even more of a scramble than Ajax for any tickets left for Tier 2.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We only get about 1,600 tickets, will depend upon the state of the group I'd guess.

If it's important, I'd wager the Tier 1 will be quite high, well north of 300.
Tier One is 279+

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Once again I’m tier 2, no problem with that per se. What I do have a problem with is 9am Monday morning, how do the club think supporters pay for this? By going to work!!
They need to be logging tier 1s out of the match at 8.59.59 on that Monday, not just emptying their basket, so they have to access the match again at the same time as tier 2s.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Beer I spent too much, can’t bare to calculate it.

CRACK THE UAV, BRING ON THE WEEKEND, SORTED.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For the AEK game if your in the top tier are you guaranteed a ticket?
Three of us booked flights, ect all OK for points but with the reduced allocation 279 points seems a big band?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Three of us booked flights, ect all OK for points but with the reduced allocation 279 points seems a big band?
I'm not sure if it's been announced yet or not, but given that is the case for all league, cup and Europa League games to date then it will be the case for AEK away too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure if it's been announced yet or not, but given that is the case for all league, cup and Europa League games to date then it will be the case for AEK away too.
It has been announced

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. Numbers are based on those that pre-registered (can’t buy a ticket unless you did) so the band reflects the top 1600 who did so (or whatever the allocation is) rather than what it would be for ‘normal’ away games…….

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Athens is going to be interesting ticket wise. Unlike Ajax and Marseille it’s basically impossible to get there without flying at least part way (unless you can take a week off work) and flights are more expensive. Due to this my guess is less will go to this one than Ajax, however the small ticket allocation will mean it will still be a bunfight for tier 2.

A poster earlier said ticket demand could depend on how the group looks but these tickets go on sale before we play in Europe again, so people are buying blind.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Athens is going to be interesting ticket wise. Unlike Ajax and Marseille it’s basically impossible to get there without flying at least part way (unless you can take a week off work) and flights are more expensive. Due to this my guess is less will go to this one than Ajax, however the small ticket allocation will mean it will still be a bunfight for tier 2.

A poster earlier said ticket demand could depend on how the group looks but these tickets go on sale before we play in Europe again, so people are buying blind.
Definitely fewer will be planning to go to Athens than Amsterdam but the reduced number of tickets available will still make it tough for those below Tier 1. I’m just below the next threshold so am unlikely to get a ticket despite already booking travel and hotel. So be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here