Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much did the Marseille cost you ? / Athens trip tips.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
£318 all in.
LGW to Nice, night in Nice, train to Marseille, night in Marseille, train back to Nice and flight back to LGW. Includes £20 towards short term car park, plus spends on food and beer.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bus to newhaven free
Ferries to dieppe £40 per person return
Train to marseille £150 per person return
Hotel £80 per person for one night

Match ticket was £27

Food and drink was £80 per person

So c£377 per person

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Marseille for 2
Parking Stansted £72
Flights return to Marseille £440
Hotel 2 x nights £199
Match tickets £60
Bus from Airport to St Charles £16
Uber back to Airport £32
Food/ drink £150

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
These trips can be as expensive and exotic as your wallet allows.

Early bookings and shrewd choices can make a mountain of difference.

Also depends if you want to post a photo of each course of your dining on social media.

Btw, there's a splendid Indonesian in Amsterdam, book early to avoid disappointment!
I went to a splendid Indonesian in Amsterdam for an 8 course meal. It was somewhere between 1997 and 2005.🙂

I didn't go to marseille so can't comment. I've booked Amsterdam flights, 4 flights for me and around £500... the wife has also booked flight and our hotel, no idea on that cost. Spending will be huge I expect! I have a ticket for the game.

Athens, I've booked flights for me, again 4 flights and again around £500. Two apartments for me and my two boys, brother and nephew. £90 for 3 nights. I've paid for the boys flights and room, they're supposed to pay me back... So I'm at £1,270 and not got there yet. There's a good chance I won't get tickets either!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
£60 flight to Paris
£65 accommodation in Paris
£111TGV return to Marseille
£45 accommodation in Marseille
£26 match ticket
£15 trains in Paris
£12 Train Gatwick to Brighto

£328 per person (plus food and beers)

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I flew out Thursday morning and returned on Friday evening.

Return flights Stansted to Marseille £126 (I booked them first thing on the Saturday morning of the fixtures being released).
Hotel (B&B) £105
Car Parking at Stansted £65
Return Shuttle Bus Airport to Marseille City Centre £17
Match ticket £27
Total: £340

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We took the 6:30am Gatwick-Geneva on the Thursday
Geneva-Gatwick was a 10:55am departure on the Friday .
We were on the 8:30pm-ish on Wednesday night, so our single night in a hotel was at Geneva, and flew back at 7:00am on Friday, although it was delayed until around 9:30. I drove back to Geneva after the game, and we dozed a bit in the airport before our flight.

You must have had an early rise on the Friday morning to get back!

Did you hire a cat from the Swiss or French sides at Geneva?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We were on the 8:30pm-ish on Wednesday night, so our single night in a hotel was at Geneva, and flew back at 7:00am on Friday, although it was delayed until around 9:30. I drove back to Geneva after the game, and we dozed a bit in the airport before our flight.

We booked a hotel near Chambery and drove there after the game, it meant we only had an hour or so to drive on the Friday. We arrived at the hotel later than expected as we hadn’t quite bargained for the 3hr holdup after the match.
We collected the car from Budget, the desk was in the airport but the collection point was just outside the terminal, it was a few minutes on the bus.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
So I was speaking to someone about the Marseille game which they attended and inevitably the total cost of the trip came up,I was staggered when they told me the rough estimate taking everything into account,£1280.00 for flights Ubers food tickets and accommodation,is this figure extravagant or pretty much on par with what you spent ? .

I'm hoping to go to the Athens game as cheaply as humanly possible with a 3 night stay but it's totally out of my budget going by what I've been told the Marseille game cost a non drinker.

I would be grateful for any tips on getting and staying somewhere near the stadium with a somewhat flimsy budget all in of around £650, pp X3 is this a doable figure or am I being too hopeful it's possible.

I read the Marseille thread and some posters came up with some very useful tips to cut costs.

Thanks in advance.
We paid more for flight change as was worried about tik collection;used ubbers a lot drank very heavy from nice to game,following day we cained the beer so much we decided to stay another night so booked another flight and extra night in hotel ,more beer the following day back to airport probably cane in at just under a grand for me for 3 whole days ,Amsterdam flights and accommodation so far 400 ,but won't drink excessively,then athens we are doing 3 days so all together I expect not much change from 3000,worth every penny

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Just checked, our apartment in Athens is around £150 for 2 nights, so between 4 of us it's about £40 each in total.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Excluding food, beer etc...

Marseille cost me £444/each - (3 of us) - Flights to Lyon, TGV to Marseille & 3 bed apartment
Amsterdam has cost £231/each (2 of us) - Flights from LTN to AMS, twin room hotel
Athens is going to cost £366/each (2 of us) - Flights from LGW to ATH, 2 bed apartment

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So I was speaking to someone about the Marseille game which they attended and inevitably the total cost of the trip came up,I was staggered when they told me the rough estimate taking everything into account,£1280.00 for flights Ubers food tickets and accommodation,is this figure extravagant or pretty much on par with what you spent ? .

I'm hoping to go to the Athens game as cheaply as humanly possible with a 3 night stay but it's totally out of my budget going by what I've been told the Marseille game cost a non drinker.

I would be grateful for any tips on getting and staying somewhere near the stadium with a somewhat flimsy budget all in of around £650, pp X3 is this a doable figure or am I being too hopeful it's possible.

I read the Marseille thread and some posters came up with some very useful tips to cut costs.

Thanks in advance.
Wow!

We (me and brother) did the flights, car parking, apartment and a hire fiat 500 for £188 each, about £215ish with match ticket. Probably another £150 in spending, about £50 at supermarket for non matchday food/booze. And £100 on matchday!

No more than £400 all in

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Feline company for the journey, that's cute. I thought you were a dogs person.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex

We used to fly to Geneva annually for skiing. It was always cheaper to hire on the French side but a nightmare to return the car there.Always worth the extra for the Swiss side!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here