Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many will follow Coventry and QPR’s lead?

Should players take the knee?

• Yes

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 69 62.7%

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Is racist abuse online more acceptable or less acceptable coming from somewhere abroad than it is coming from the UK?

(Though you understood perfectly the first time, you just can't defend that post).

Racist abuse in any form and from anywhere is not acceptable, however how can a U.K. charity like kick it out have any influence on social media users resident in countries around the world? They can’t, that’s the reality.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
They have picked the wrong government to demand social reform of. Just as they picked the wrong government to ask to give a shit about the NHS.

I don’t think any political party give much of a shit about the NHS, beyond its value as a political football.

The PFI episode is a case in point, politicians getting maximum PR cutting ribbons outside shiny new hospitals that will cost the taxpayers millions of pounds for decades.

The problem is politicians of whatever flavour, sadly the NHS is now so politicised it will always be a problem child even if overall its OK. Politicians in opposition will never say all is OK with the NHS it will always be on life support.

Sad but true.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t think any political party give much of a shit about the NHS, beyond its value as a political football.

The PFI episode is a case in point, politicians getting maximum PR cutting ribbons outside shiny new hospitals that will cost the taxpayers millions of pounds for decades.

The problem is politicians of whatever flavour, sadly the NHS is now so politicised it will always be a problem child even if overall its OK. Politicians in opposition will never say all is OK with the NHS it will always be on life support.

Sad but true.

These PFI contracts are a dreadful, dishonest and particularly underhand way of stitching up the taxpayer and NHS. I have actually turned down jobs with companies who had been awarded PFI contracts as I couldn't live with myself taking a salary from any such deal.

I'm sure that you, being a man of principle, wouldn't work for companies that have significant PFI contracts either, would you ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
These PFI contracts are a dreadful, dishonest and particularly underhand way of stitching up the taxpayer and NHS. I have actually turned down jobs with companies who had been awarded PFI contracts as I couldn't live with myself taking a salary from any such deal.

I'm sure that you, being a man of principle, wouldn't work for companies that have significant PFI contracts either, would you ???

Totally agree, both infrastructure and maintenance PFI contracts.

The pushback against us, including from Labour politicians who signed many of these off between 1997 and 2010, is that they make no apology for PFI's funding all the new school buildings and hospitals.

Imho, straight forward public spending from taxation/borrowing, should've bankrolled it all. Far cheaper in the medium to long term.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Politicians and business are always in cahoots, I am not niave however there must maximum transparency so we (the electorate) can make our judgement when the time comes.

I wouldn’t make a party political point there, albeit it would be less surprising that the Tories would be more inclined ideologically to tow the line with the corporations than Labour.

This difference is like a fag paper these days, Labour went all in with the corporations, and the EU and the largesse of NHS PFI is not a surprise.

Interestingly I noted that Tom Watson recently got appointed by Paddy Power as a consultant, who as MP referred to the very same company as “dirty money grabbers” in his crusade against gambling.

Go figure.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Racist abuse in any form and from anywhere is not acceptable, however how can a U.K. charity like kick it out have any influence on social media users resident in countries around the world? They can’t, that’s the reality.

So they should pack it in because *some* of the racist abuse comes from abroad? :lolol:

At least the fairy and Baker are doing the best they can with their limited IQs. You can write whole paragraphs.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
So they should pack it in because *some* of the racist abuse comes from abroad? :lolol:

At least the fairy and Baker are doing the best they can with their limited IQs. You can write whole paragraphs.

The Fairy Bakers ? :lolol:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hopefully we will have a minutes silence at the Amex today in respect of a Police officer with Sussex links rather that kneeling in deference to a deceased armed robber from the USA .

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Hopefully we will have a minutes silence at the Amex today in respect of a Police officer with Sussex links rather that kneeling in deference to a deceased armed robber from the USA .

all lives matter

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

How about you leave that poor man's memory out of your nasty little online crusades?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

One has nothing to do with the other. Have you no shame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here