Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many will follow Coventry and QPR’s lead?

Should players take the knee?

• Yes

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 69 62.7%

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
One or two posters seem to have lost the point of blm here. The support of it in football is not to make any point about football its about the treatment of black people in the wider community. If you like taking the knee is akin to wearing a poppy.

Can I just point out some people only wear the poppy for one day a year, probably a maximum of 2 weeks for many.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Kick It Out strongly believe that systemic discrimination favouring white over black people in the game is prevalent, once it comes to the all important senior jobs.

"... less attention has been accorded to the management and administrative culture of the game, leaving it exposed to claims of institutional discrimination and exclusion".

" ... it is clear that there are policies and practices in place that contribute to excluding employment opportunities to people from different backgrounds. This is particularly so in coaching and team management but even more so in administrative and senior management positions in clubs and authorities including the leagues".

Well they wouldn't they? They are hardly likely to say 'we believe all discrimination has been eradicated our work is complete' when I imagine plenty of them are earning a handsome living in their 'industry'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well they wouldn't they? They are hardly likely to say 'we believe all discrimination has been eradicated our work is complete' when I imagine plenty of them are earning a handsome living in their 'industry'.

Kick It Out is a relatively small charity, its income just £1.1m made up mainly of voluntary donations, the CEO earns £75k and its operative working the regions earn circa £30k.

Contrast to the PFA boss earning £2m, or large charities and quangos where CEO’s can earn up to £240k.

In the scheme of things, with the PL grossing £4.8B a year for example, Kick It Out doesn’t appear to offer handsome livings.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

In addition, the perimeter of what they influence is spreading further than football grounds, now it includes social media.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/16/kick-it-out-social-media-abuse-to-players-clubs

When they recently reported an increase in racist abuse in English football, it included abuse arising from social media, which given the evident global reach of the Premier League could mean anyone posting abuse from anywhere in the world gets shovelled into the English game.

So when they say we want to eradicate racism in the U.K., they really mean around the world.

Madness.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In addition, the perimeter of what they influence is spreading further than football grounds, now it includes social media.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/16/kick-it-out-social-media-abuse-to-players-clubs

When they recently reported an increase in racist abuse in English football, it included abuse arising from social media, which given the evident global reach of the Premier League could mean anyone posting abuse from anywhere in the world gets shovelled into the English game.

So when they say we want to eradicate racism in the U.K., they really mean around the world.

Madness.

And that makes it right, does it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is there a law that says you can't boo trained Marxists H:rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Our players are trained Marxists? ???

Hang on while I scream for a policeman while writing a stern letter to Paul Barber. :rolleyes:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Is there a law that says you can't boo trained Marxists H:rolleyes:
Regards
DF

This comment would be equally laughable/tragic coming from anyone, but coming from someone who proudly supports a terrorist group like yourself, it's something else.
bf.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
e87b14c1a5e23edd9211097a2af4a4d6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't have to be very bright to realise that this particular poster looks faked to discredit BLM, and golly, when you google search the image just look at all the wonderful upstanding people sharing it. A lot of them on Telegram surprise surprise.

Das Reich is a dullard old skool racist. You're a much nastier piece of work aren't you?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Here’s a thing, being as the stated aim of BLM is to defund the police, what would happen if a footballer or right on celeb got burgled or robbed? Would they call the Old Bill? Be a bit of a cheek would it it not, having just taken the knee to defund them..
e3e7bd493e50c8800a276676d6d26edd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The American public are beginning to see through the BLM movement, particularly the black community. The movement has single-handedly killed more black people this year than the US Police Force has in three years. They don't want equality. They want superiority over white people. Exactly the same as the exceptionally nice Louis Farrakhan and The Nation of Islam ( stated aim....Black Superiority ) and their polar opposites....The KKK ( another nice bunch of intellectuals )
Jesus Christ.....!!!!....is that what you people want? Its bad enough having immature and brainwashed middle-class white kids marching for this Marxist movement and yet we still have to watch professional footballers taking the knee before games. Its political correctness gone mad. Its hypercritical and its nonsense and it offends many black people ( try speaking to them rather than telling them what is good for them ) Some people are so wrapped up in their own sensitivities that they are now conditioned to a complete lack of reason and debate. The same people come on these threads every day shouting 'racist ' and ' fascist ' at every opportunity. The instant and easy answer to anything that doesn't fit their particular life bubble...usually....1) Left leaning...2) Tory hating....3) Trump hating....4) Brexit hating...5) Bandwagon jumping....6) Bending over backwards to be PC....7) BLM sympathisers...8) UK hating...9) Farage hating....10) Johnson hating....11) Europe loving...12) Capitilistic tolerance because it pays their wages but secretly hate it...13) Wealthy envious...14) Pro Scottish independence...15) Intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with any of the previous 14 points.
Many black footballers, when taking the knee, are also employing the Black Power Salute. This movement started with worthy intentions but de-generated into a violent and dangerous organisation that were influenced by Malcolm X, who disagreed with Martin Luther King's peaceful protesting and demanded that violence was the only way to break down white supremacy ( The USA is 86% white ) There was a certain amount of peaceful protest following the GF murder but a hell of a lot of violence as well. Nothing changes.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
my first port of call in that instance would be the current goverment who have defunded the police since 2010

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Precisely.. we’ve had 10 years of the Tories decimating police numbers, last thing we need is those islamophobic thugs demanding we defund the old bill further.

Corrected for you.

I think the Tories go for Islamic people, or those 'non-whites' rather than the Jewish community. As long they have someone to point a finger at. It keeps your ilk towing the line.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Same as clap for nurses innit. Everyone pretends to give a shit while it's at it's peak but once the virtue signalling dies down we found out just how much people care about the NHS as the yellowing, curled KEEP OUR NHS SAFE window signs dropped to the floor and the masses refused to wear masks or distance from each other.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Same as clap for nurses innit. Everyone pretends to give a shit while it's at it's peak but once the virtue signalling dies down we found out just how much people care about the NHS as the yellowing, curled KEEP OUR NHS SAFE window signs dropped to the floor and the masses refused to wear masks or distance from each other.

I completely agree with this, clap for nurses was a narcissist’s dream.

A fella I know, started with the clapping on the doorstep but by the end he was taking out a drum kit......as were other neighbours in order to out do each other with their 8pm contribution (Ladies Mile if you want to know).

Also I know a paramedic that would finish their shift at 6pm and would get home, have eats and then go straight to bed only to get woken up at 8pm with cretins banging saucepan lids outside his house (they knew he worked for the NHS).

It was a well intentioned gesture but as you say clapping on a doorstep is not as important as wearing a face mask and washing your hands regularly.

Taking the knee is clapping on the doorstep, if the BLM supporters wantbto support poor black people on a more meaningful basis then they can hand over their money and/or property. Anything less is just more narcissism.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I completely agree with this, clap for nurses was a narcissist’s dream.

A fella I know, started with the clapping on the doorstep but by the end he was taking out a drum kit......as were other neighbours in order to out do each other with their 8pm contribution (Ladies Mile if you want to know).

Also I know a paramedic that would finish their shift at 6pm and would get home, have eats and then go straight to bed only to get woken up at 8pm with cretins banging saucepan lids outside his house (they knew he worked for the NHS).

It was a well intentioned gesture but as you say clapping on a doorstep is not as important as wearing a face mask and washing your hands regularly.

Taking the knee is clapping on the doorstep, if the BLM supporters wantbto support poor black people on a more meaningful basis then they can hand over their money and/or property. Anything less is just more narcissism.

They have picked the wrong government to demand social reform of. Just as they picked the wrong government to ask to give a shit about the NHS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What you talkin about Willis?

Is racist abuse online more acceptable or less acceptable coming from somewhere abroad than it is coming from the UK?

(Though you understood perfectly the first time, you just can't defend that post).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here