Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How many people have you got on ignore?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
52. Seven now banned. Only 3 who still post regularly. But a surprisingly large number who have/had some sort of noble quest as their strapline. Bringer of truth. That sort of bolleaux :lolol:

I have spent a lifetime dealing with fools and knaves at work, super-keen to share their 'different' opinions, and I'm buggered if I'm engaging with fools and knaves when relaxing. Racists, little Englanders, Trump supporters, Johnson apologists, prancing ninnies, homophobes, people who think people with mental health issues need to buck their ideas up. Sadly I may have binned one or two off for little more than being elderly/reactionary, along the way. Oh well. Never mind.

I admire those who time after time patiently try to engage with certain sorts, many of whom don't deserve such courtesy. I can't do it. This in itself used to be distressing, and my defensiveness about it made me rather strident about it. But when I discovered it is simply one of many of my manifestations of autism, it all made sense.

I am more than happy with the level of interaction I have with the vast majority, the many lovely posters on NSC. It is what it is. And I can brush off the piss-taking.

I do raise an eyebrow, however at the excessively bullish claims from some about how virtuous they are for not ignoring anyone. I presume these people spend hours every day scouring all the world's opinions, from GBNews to The Sun, National Enquirer and even, occasionally the BBC (when they aren't promoting their extreme left wing propaganda) to get a balanced world view. Living and letting live. Heartwarming. :lolol:
OK, you win! 😂

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
52. Seven now banned. Only 3 who still post regularly. But a surprisingly large number who have/had some sort of noble quest as their strapline. Bringer of truth. That sort of bolleaux :lolol:

Brilliant.

Kosh - the unequivocal equivocal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shame you’d have missed him defending every shit referee we had last season :lolol:
You LOVE it.

I've tried to ignore you, but your vitriol against every referee when we lose is compulsive viewing.

And I actually quite like you anyway. But for some reason I confuse you with GT49er. I don't know what the mind association is. I only realised when I tried to start a cricket conversation with you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You LOVE it.

I've tried to ignore you, but your vitriol against every referee when we lose is compulsive viewing.

And I actually quite like you anyway. But for some reason I confuse you with GT49er. I don't know what the mind association is. I only realised when I tried to start a cricket conversation with you.
As you no doubt gathered talking cricket with me is a waste of time! I do understand it, I played it for 10 years at school, fun to play zzzzz to watch 90% of the time to me :smile:

Bit harsh suggesting vitriol every time we lose at football though :down:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As you no doubt gathered talking cricket with me is a waste of time! I do understand it, I played it for 10 years at school, fun to play zzzzz to watch 90% of the time to me :smile:

Bit harsh suggesting vitriol every time we lose at football though :down:
Agreed, apologies. I'd say it's no more than most of the time :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

I have spent a lifetime dealing with fools and knaves at work, super-keen to share their 'different' opinions, and I'm buggered if I'm engaging with fools and knaves when relaxing. Racists, little Englanders, Trump supporters, Johnson apologists, prancing ninnies, homophobes, people who think people with mental health issues need to buck their ideas up. Sadly I may have binned one or two off for little more than being elderly/reactionary, along the way. Oh well. Never mind.

I admire those who time after time patiently try to engage with certain sorts, many of whom don't deserve such courtesy. I can't do it. This in itself used to be distressing, and my defensiveness about it made me rather strident about it. But when I discovered it is simply one of many of my manifestations of autism, it all made sense.

I am more than happy with the level of interaction I have with the vast majority, the many lovely posters on NSC. It is what it is. And I can brush off the piss-taking.

I do raise an eyebrow, however at the excessively bullish claims from some about how virtuous they are for not ignoring anyone. I presume these people spend hours every day scouring all the world's opinions, from GBNews to The Sun, National Enquirer and even, occasionally the BBC (when they aren't promoting their extreme left wing propaganda) to get a balanced world view. Living and letting live. Heartwarming. :lolol:
I was expecting that figure to be considerably more for some reason.

Who said that.......?

I haven't anyone on ignore because of my signature.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
None , although would have put Swansman on had he stayed on NSC . I strongly believe in debate and don’t subscribe to the current culture of trying to shut down everyone that isn’t considered woke or should I say woke enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here