Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How many people have you got on ignore?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
None, for the same reason as others. Live and let live.

However I did briefly have the Swedish Meatball on ignore, not because I disagreed with him (live and let live), but simply because he was posting on every single thread and it was getting incredibly tedious. I knew it was only going to be so I could have a 'holiday', and after a break of a fortnight or so I felt I could tolerate him again .... only to find he'd been banned!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I thought none but it seems I have one from years ago - Football Genius AK FG

Numbers are fine, no need to list, unless you feel the urge

Waits for “did someone say something, I have the OP on ignore” :wink:
None - putting someone on ignore is akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "la la la" - i.e. childish.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seen I had one on ignore. No idea why. He’s now unignored.

I had that Swedish nutter on ignore because he posted his shite endlessly and needlessly and despite his sometimes knowledgable input he could get very nasty.

Think he’s gone now.

So no, nobody.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
None, I find most people on here are pretty decent.
I don’t get involved or read political threads, I think most of the arguments on this forum are because of politics.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm hoping that the absence of @Harry Wilson's tackle from this thread is due to him being away from his computer rather than any other reason. :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I’ve no one on ignore but A few have come very close to it .

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don't have anybody on ignore.
I used to though. I discovered it by chance, had never heard of him, don't remember any interaction with him, and didn't know how he got there, so I took him off ignore.

With most people you might put on ignore, occasionally they are actually worth reading. They aren't going to always be wrong or write crap 100% of the time, even if some of them come close.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No one. And never have.

it’s a mixture of live and let live and being interested, sometimes amused and sometimes angered by the rubbish some people can come out with.

and before someone asks “why put up with being made to feel angry”, a politician (I think it was Jess Phillips) recently wrote that she enjoyed being angry. So do I, up to a point. But the people who anger me most are the current government and their allies, and they’re not on here as far as I know.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I’ve no one on ignore but A few have come very close to it .
That's very magnanimous of you. We wouldn't want to upset someone who makes us laugh so much! :lolol:
In answer to the op none, I just scroll past the replies of any users that are likely to be talking crap! Admittedly with a very quick skim at the 1st sentence or 2 to see if they may say something that adds to the conversation, but I find they generally repeat the same crap as usual. 🤷‍♀️

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
52. Seven now banned. Only 3 who still post regularly. But a surprisingly large number who have/had some sort of noble quest as their strapline. Bringer of truth. That sort of bolleaux :lolol:

I have spent a lifetime dealing with fools and knaves at work, super-keen to share their 'different' opinions, and I'm buggered if I'm engaging with fools and knaves when relaxing. Racists, little Englanders, Trump supporters, Johnson apologists, prancing ninnies, homophobes, people who think people with mental health issues need to buck their ideas up. Sadly I may have binned one or two off for little more than being elderly/reactionary, along the way. Oh well. Never mind.

I admire those who time after time patiently try to engage with certain sorts, many of whom don't deserve such courtesy. I can't do it. This in itself used to be distressing, and my defensiveness about it made me rather strident about it. But when I discovered it is simply one of many of my manifestations of autism, it all made sense.

I am more than happy with the level of interaction I have with the vast majority, the many lovely posters on NSC. It is what it is. And I can brush off the piss-taking.

I do raise an eyebrow, however at the excessively bullish claims from some about how virtuous they are for not ignoring anyone. I presume these people spend hours every day scouring all the world's opinions, from GBNews to The Sun, National Enquirer and even, occasionally the BBC (when they aren't promoting their extreme left wing propaganda) to get a balanced world view. Living and letting live. Heartwarming. :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just remembered that I put Swansman y on ignore in the end…..He was a bright lad at times but I had more in common with the Palace lads on here than him…. The ‘It’s my club’ thing is important when I talk with football fans. If someone says Ivquite like Liverpool or Chelsea in that certain way then I’m out of the conversation quickly….

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
52. Seven now banned. Only 3 who still post regularly. But a surprisingly large number who have/had some sort of noble quest as their strapline. Bringer of truth. That sort of bolleaux :lolol:

I have spent a lifetime dealing with fools and knaves at work, super-keen to share their 'different' opinions, and I'm buggered if I'm engaging with fools and knaves when relaxing. Racists, little Englanders, Trump supporters, Johnson apologists, prancing ninnies, homophobes, people who think people with mental health issues need to buck their ideas up. Sadly I may have binned one or two off for little more than being elderly/reactionary, along the way. Oh well. Never mind.

I admire those who time after time patiently try to engage with certain sorts, many of whom don't deserve such courtesy. I can't do it. This in itself used to be distressing, and my defensiveness about it made me rather strident about it. But when I discovered it is simply one of many of my manifestations of autism, it all made sense.

I am more than happy with the level of interaction I have with the vast majority, the many lovely posters on NSC. It is what it is. And I can brush off the piss-taking.

I do raise an eyebrow, however at the excessively bullish claims from some about how virtuous they are for not ignoring anyone. I presume these people spend hours every day scouring all the world's opinions, from GBNews to The Sun, National Enquirer and even, occasionally the BBC (when they aren't promoting their extreme left wing propaganda) to get a balanced world view. Living and letting live. Heartwarming. :lolol:

Of the 57, the fact that only 3 still post regularly shows that maybe you're a just a reasonable judge of character, trolls, loons, WUMs, racists, little englanders, general detritus, etc etc that makes NSC what it is :wink:

And, as one of the virtuous who have nobody on ignore, I still get exasperated (although more often just a resigned roll of the eyes) by some of the posters, but those moments when their complete and utter idiocy shines through, despite all their attempts to the contrary, are so hilarious that it far outweighs the rest of the :shit:they post :lolol:

Or, even funnier, when they aren't even capable of debate and have to rely on an 'ironic' thumbs up to show their displeasure :laugh:

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of the 57, the fact that only 3 still post regularly shows that maybe you're a just a reasonable judge of character, trolls, loons, WUMs, racists, little englanders, general detritus, etc etc that makes NSC what it is :wink:

And, as one of the virtuous who have nobody on ignore, I still get exasperated (although more often just a resigned roll of the eyes) by some of the posters, but those moments when their complete and utter idiocy shines through, despite all their attempts to the contrary, are so hilarious that it far outweighs the rest of the :shit:they post :lolol:
Says you :rolleyes: 😉

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Or, even funnier, when they aren't even capable of debate and have to rely on 'ironic' thumbs up :laugh:
Quite a subjective matter regarding the quality of the content I would propose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here