Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many penalties would you have given last night?

How many penalties would you have given last night?

• 0 - I'm completely blind

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 1 - I've just booked myself into Specsavers

Votes: 25 16.7%

Votes: 81 54.0%

Votes: 41 27.3%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One for a foul on Ulloa and one on Calderon both woukd have been given if the same happened in the centre circle plus theirs which ws blatant. So 3 in total.

Toongull

Jul 25, 2008
Hadrian's Wall
Two. Calde's one first half and theirs. However, having not given the blatant foul on Calde, he should have given the shirt-tug on Leo (or bearhug on Calde from the same incident).

This, Ulloas was 50/50 but had it been a derby player in the Brighton box I reckon the ref would have given it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Calderon pen was clear cut and should definately have been awarded.

The Ulloa shirt tug is 50/50 ive seen them given, they should be given but rarely are.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was convinced Lingard had his legs taken away from him when he ran into the box in the second half, but I was the only one in the crowd to stand up and shout penalty.

I shouted for that one too, but only for a laugh. He clearly slipped

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was convinced Lingard had his legs taken away from him when he ran into the box in the second half, but I was the only one in the crowd to stand up and shout penalty.

He was nudged inside the penalty area but it only looked clear cut from the TV replay but the ref and lino's couldn't make a decision from their perspective on the pitch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

There was contact from a knee into his right thigh fractionally before he went for the "Zaha" , seen them given last season :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
3 , all stonewall decisions. Very weak lino , couldn't make a decision for himself and had a clear view along with ref of the fouls on Calde and Spanish Len inside the box.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

If that had happened to Burnley at Turf Moor the crowd would have gone mental even if it wasn’t a penalty. I was, hand on heart, convinced about it and it happend right in front of me. Normally I take penalty shouts with a pinch of salt.

Would like to see it again though.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

two I think...Calderon looked to be tripped...certainly seen them given for less..The shirt pulling on Ulloa is technically a penalty, but there is so much that goes on, can see why it wasn't given. I think we have to look at the way some of the players are going down...Ulloa is getting less and less help from referees, and I his reputation is building..a few matches trying to stay on his feet may help get refs on his side for a change...

East Stand

May 4, 2014
I can understand why many on here are arguing that Brighton should have been awarded at least one penalty and possibly two, one for the Calderon incident and the other for the Ulloa shirt pull.

However how many of you would have been disappointed if penalties had been awarded AGAINST Brighton for the same incidents?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
The problem is, players don't get rewarded for staying on their feet, which is why players such as Ulloa (to name but one) do go down a bit theatrically. If he does try and stay on his feet when the opposition are trying to rip his shirt off he gets nothing, so he has to try and "win" the foul by going down. It's a big problem in the game, which is why so many defenders get away with it week in, week out. El-Abd was the master at getting away with it

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can understand why many on here are arguing that Brighton should have been awarded at least one penalty and possibly two, one for the Calderon incident and the other for the Ulloa shirt pull.

However how many of you would have been disappointed if penalties had been awarded AGAINST Brighton for the same incidents?

I'm alway disappointed when we have a penalty awarded against us! However, for an incident like Calde's, I'd also have thought the defender was an idiot for giving away such a cheap and blatant spot-kick.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ref had worst angle on the pitch to view, however Lino prob had the best completely side on, so lets blame him instead

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Clicked one. I meant two. I claimed a penalty for a challenge on Buckley first half. Not the Calderon one which I thought was a dive.

From my angle I could not see the Upson challenge, and I thought Forsyth was fouled just outside the box. So I did not see from my angle so I could not give it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If the ref had given a penalty AGAINST Brighton, for a foul on Calderon in the opposition's box, I'd have been FURIOUS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here