Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more games has Hypia got, if the current 8 league run without a win continues?

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
If things don't improve, he may well be sacked after the Millwall game on Friday 12th December. Unlikely to be more than about 15,000 there, for all sorts of reasons, for which Hyypia will be made the scapegoat.

Think he will be gone well before then, if results don't improve. Part of me would like to see us thumped 4-0 on Tuesday night, if it will help to get rid of him & the Board to put their hands in their pockets & buy as a new goalkeeper & a striker. Never want us to get beat - but if we can rebuild for next season? Don't want us to drift or limp on with the finished Finn.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All true except one club has replaced it's best players with players that appear to be at least as good and the other seems to have gone for players that are more suited to a division below where they are now.

Surely it shows that signing players is a gamble that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The wrong forwards have been signed. Such tactics as exist are not fully working. We have some allegedly very promising Championship players on loan who are not consistently impressing. I guess that the wages being paid are on a very similar level to earlier seasons so this is a bit of a shock to the Board.

Ulloa has gone though. Where would have been without him last season ? Exactly.. pretty much where we are now. Sammi is doing a similar job to what many managers would do. We have lost 5 out of 12. Not many managers should lose their job after such a record. He needs more time but unless a win or two is forthcoming by the next international break he could go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely it shows that signing players is a gamble that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?
Surely a gamble would be sticking pins into a list of available players? If we're paying someone good money to sign the right players, then the results should be better than that.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
My real hope is that he has no more games - yesterday switched me to believe that we can't get anywhere playing these tactics. I suspect that he will go in a week if we fail to do well on Tuesday and Saturday. I hope we do well in those games, but simply can't see it happening. Be honest - did anyone actual think we would be scoring goals for fun and keeping a clean sheet against Boro? I didn't. I wanted us to, but couldn't see it happening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree that TB will not panic and SH will get until the next international break to show he is up to ther job but TB will be watching other possible managers and the comings and goings. I feel sure that when he pulls the rigger another manager will have been lined up ready to take over immediately. My only wish, but I am not sure that we can afford it, is a complete clear out if SH goes and allow the new man to bring in his own no 2 and backoom staff as per Tim Sherwoods demands for most jobs he is interviewed for.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely a gamble would be sticking pins into a list of available players? If we're paying someone good money to sign the right players, then the results should be better than that.

Andy Carroll £35 million
Torres £50 million
Ozil £40 million
Mata £38 million
Zaha £10 million

All huge sums in respect of players who have done relatively little for the clubs who signed them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Andy Carroll £35 million
Torres £50 million
Ozil £40 million
Mata £38 million
Zaha £10 million

All huge sums in respect of players who have done relatively little for the clubs who signed them.

You could as easily pin point and post players who have been bought cheaper and done well for their clubs.

Crouch
Austin
Asombalonga
Zamora

to name a few

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Andy Carroll £35 million
Torres £50 million
Ozil £40 million
Mata £38 million
Zaha £10 million

All good players, who were sold for inflated fees for various reasons. For instance, Carroll wasn't worth £35 million, but Newcastle knew damn well that Liverpool had screwed Chelsea for £50 million.
All completely irrelevant to our recruitment.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It isn't working, anyone can see that. So either he has to change something and win at least the next two games, or he has to go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No it shows we really are quite shite at finding (signing) Championship forwards. How many have we had since arriving in this division four years ago?

It can't all be FFP, although it is a great ready made excuse for any shortcomings in player recruitment these days.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I agree that TB will not panic and SH will get until the next international break to show he is up to ther job but TB will be watching other possible managers and the comings and goings. I feel sure that when he pulls the rigger another manager will have been lined up ready to take over immediately

I doubt if successful managers at this level would want to come here at the moment. If the manager has very little say in who we bring in, and we won't pay competitive wages... we are back to the situation we were in this summer.

Not forgetting of course, the thorough recruitment process we always seem to go through, which usually takes about 4 weeks...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I doubt if successful managers at this level would want to come here at the moment. If the manager has very little say in who we bring in, and we won't pay competitive wages... we are back to the situation we were in this summer.

Not forgetting of course, the thorough recruitment process we always seem to go through, which usually takes about 4 weeks...

What evidence do you have that we don't pay competitive wages?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All good players, who were sold for inflated fees for various reasons. For instance, Carroll wasn't worth £35 million, but Newcastle knew damn well that Liverpool had screwed Chelsea for £50 million.
All completely irrelevant to our recruitment.

I think it is relevant. In each case the buying club employed someone to identify good players, logic would suggest that the higher the fee, the greater the probability of that player being of use to the team. In each case that proved not to be the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here