Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more games has Hypia got, if the current 8 league run without a win continues?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He'll still be here for the January transfer window.

By which time, if nothing changes (and the evidence to date is that nothing will change) we'll be rock bottom and the new manager will have missed the opportunity to plan for the January window. No, the latest TB will pull the trigger is mid November, the earliest is after the next 2 games.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Two winnable games Hudds and Rotherham. Failure to gain at least 4 points from those two would put us in some trouble, so they are crucial to his tenure at the club.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I judge a manager on what he dies with a talented squad he inherits or a squad he has himself assembled.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would imagine that if we lost against both Huddersfield Town and Rotherham United we would see a change.

I do think we will pick up one, maybe two wins this week though. It's not blind optimism, and not a sign of the tide turning, it's just the law of averages. The team itself is mid-table standard.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's clearly evident that if you are a south coast team with a new stadium who sells its best players, loses the manager, and replaces the players with ones you have never heard of and the manager with someone who has never managed in England, you are doomed to fail.

It's happened at the Albion, and it's happened too at Southamp............Oh ****

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's clearly evident that if you are a south coast team with a new stadium who sells its best players, loses the manager, and replaces the players with ones you have never heard of and the manager with someone who has never managed in England, you are doomed to fail.

It's happened at the Albion, and it's happened too at Southamp............Oh ****

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Judge a manager on what he does with an untalented squad surely!

Well ok I'll give you that but that does take a bit longer. So if he can keep that shambles up he is ok is he ? Sure as hell won't put that team in the play off positions.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he was to go soon, that would be four managers in 18 months. And if that happened, I don't think you need to look too much further as to why this season has been difficult.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
True, you only have to look at Watford for evidence of that.........

Ridiculous comparison. Watford could put out two teams better than ours.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

All true except one club has replaced it's best players with players that appear to be at least as good and the other seems to have gone for players that are more suited to a division below where they are now.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I said to my mates at the game yesterday that it was noticeable Middlesbrough had Jelle Vossen and Patrick Bamford on the bench, and that if we'd signed either (or both) as we were either firmly or vaguely rumoured to be interested in doing, they would easily have been in our first team. Saying that though, the team appeared completely clueless yesterday, and seeing that they have played better under Hyypia (Leeds, Bolton), that has to be down to tactics, doesn't it?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I said to my mates at the game yesterday that it was noticeable Middlesbrough had Jelle Vossen and Patrick Bamford on the bench, and that if we'd signed either (or both) as we were either firmly or vaguely rumoured to be interested in doing, they would easily have been in our first team. Saying that though, the team appeared completely clueless yesterday, and seeing that they have played better under Hyypia (Leeds, Bolton), that has to be down to tactics, doesn't it?

I was speaking to some Boro fans before the game and asked them how the can afford the players they have signed....they said they HAD to go up this season and quickly changed the subject, which I think says it all . They appear to be doing a Palace and gambling everything on this being THE season for them , what will be the outcome if it isn't?

As for our team having played better this season even the worst relegated sides will have half a dozen decent performances a year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If things don't improve, he may well be sacked after the Millwall game on Friday 12th December. Unlikely to be more than about 15,000 there, for all sorts of reasons, for which Hyypia will be made the scapegoat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here