Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many illegal immigrants...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted member 22389

I actually appreciate your honesty. I don't agree. I think it's a bit too selfish. Which is exactly how those people wanting to move here are thinking.

There is no separation between economic migrants, genuine people who can't go back. Economic migrants should be sent back home, this is the first mistake everyone is making here, because we are making the situation worse by just encouraging more and more people to make this journey. What is going on here could eventually effect us all. First stop Italy, second stop France, First stop the UK or Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is no separation between economic migrants, genuine people who can't go back. Economic migrants should be sent back home, this is the first mistake everyone is making here, because we are making the situation worse by just encouraging more and more people to make this journey. What is going on here could eventually effect us all. First stop Italy, second stop France, First stop the UK or Germany.

I personally have no issue with people moving because they want to work. In fact I welcome them as they are a huge benefit....as most hard working people are. I also have no issue with asylum seekers. Any others we need to discuss?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Whilst I will generally prioritise friends and family my outlook is much much broader.

The irony is the selfishness of most of those making the effort to get here, they have no thought for the freight companies or lone lorry driver and their livelihoods, for their equipment and belongings, the impact on the local communities or the wishes of those people that they illegally force themselves upon, or indeed for the law of our land.

Its a hidden greed, not driven by despair, multiple border crossings through the continent seems to offer a planned purely self interest action.

Its capitalism without boundaries, yet its the left that cannot see it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What a lovely comment.

What do you think makes these people so desperate that they would rather drown than go home?

I am struggling to understand your indignation.

On the one hand, 'some' migrants are saying they would rather drown than go back to their original countries. Yet, they have now got out of their original countries to the comparable safe haven of a European country.......and they are still not satisfied. Now they are demanding to be allowed to go to a country of their choice......and if they don't....they will 'starve themselves'.

You would think that their reaction from leaving their original countries of alleged horror would be of utter relief. But no......they want to go to where the benefits are best. I don't think for a minute that ALL of the immigrants are driven by the alleged horrors of their home countries. Much more likely is they have been told of how comparably better off we are in Europe....and they want a slice of the cake.

Unfortunately, there simply isn't enough room in Europe to take in the third world.

D

Deleted member 22389

I personally have no issue with people moving because they want to work. In fact I welcome them as they are a huge benefit....as most hard working people are. I also have no issue with asylum seekers. Any others we need to discuss?

Even if they break the law to get to the country of their choice, it's wrong. Economic migrants should go through the proper channels like others have had too. Those people in Calais are in the EU illegally this is what people forget.

D

Deleted member 22389

Starts at 2m:30s Steven Woolfe from UKIP visits Calais and asks the questions why the UK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The irony is the selfishness of most of those making the effort to get here, they have no thought for the freight companies or lone lorry driver and their livelihoods, for their equipment and belongings, the impact on the local communities or the wishes of those people that they illegally force themselves upon, or indeed for the law of our land.

Its a hidden greed, not driven by despair, multiple border crossings through the continent seems to offer a planned purely self interest action.

Its capitalism without boundaries, yet its the left that cannot see it.

I think the word greed to define an economic migrant is a bit OTT. That's like saying anyone who works is greedy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think the word greed to define an economic migrant is a bit OTT. That's like saying anyone who works is greedy.

But thats just it, if you need to break laws, damage others property without thought for a community you force yourself upon then its greed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was a massive shanty town by the ferry terminal two weeks ago, possibly a thousand tarpaulin houses on the scrub between the motorway and the sea. Desperate.

We went through the Tunnel which is the next junction on the autoroute.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I dont know, and i dont care if im going to be brutally honest, i dont wish them any ill or take pleasure in their misfortune, but i have that strange old attitude of wanting the best for ME AND MINE , and that doesnt include having millions of dirt poor, illiterate, diseased economic refugees turning up here , and attitudes on here will/would change if/when they start turning up next door to , or in the schools and doctors surgeries of certain posters on here advocating letting them in.

For all your blustering, all your deriding of immigration and how it has affected your life ( and ONLY your life if you were to be believed), you seem to have done okay in life, live in a nice leafy part of the country, run an okay business. Apart from your anger issues I don't see how it has affected you all that badly. I imagine if it wasn't them you'd be getting flapped over some other right wing issue.
You're not the only one that likes to look out for their own, you are one of the few that'd be happy to see people drown over an issue that doesn't affect you in the slightest over on Haywards Heath.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My friends and family.

As you no doubt know, I met some of your friends on the train back from Blackburn. To be fair they seemed decent people.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
[yt]HOYUZJWkilk[/YT]

An interesting film.

Noticeable that the three immigrant interviewed at length, all wanted to come to Europe for more money. Two out of the three didn't want to go back to their original country because their family and friends would "laugh at them ". Horrific !

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I am struggling to understand your indignation.

On the one hand, 'some' migrants are saying they would rather drown than go back to their original countries. Yet, they have now got out of their original countries to the comparable safe haven of a European country.......and they are still not satisfied. Now they are demanding to be allowed to go to a country of their choice......and if they don't....they will 'starve themselves'.

You would think that their reaction from leaving their original countries of alleged horror would be of utter relief. But no......they want to go to where the benefits are best. I don't think for a minute that ALL of the immigrants are driven by the alleged horrors of their home countries. Much more likely is they have been told of how comparably better off we are in Europe....and they want a slice of the cake.

Unfortunately, there simply isn't enough room in Europe to take in the third world.

I was reacting to the "jump" comment. They're desperate and they're on their first leg of a journey out of a place they really don't want to go back to. Once they start queuing up at Calais, that's when I lose sympathy. They are economic migrants at that point rather than asylum seekers.

I think it's cynical to question the reason that most of them want to leave their home country. They're pretty desperate there's no doubting that. They're not all of a sudden finding out that life in the UK is a tad better than Tripoli.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
For all your blustering, all your deriding of immigration and how it has affected your life ( and ONLY your life if you were to be believed), you seem to have done okay in life, live in a nice leafy part of the country, run an okay business. Apart from your anger issues I don't see how it has affected you all that badly. I imagine if it wasn't them you'd be getting flapped over some other right wing issue.
You're not the only one that likes to look out for their own, you are one of the few that'd be happy to see people drown over an issue that doesn't affect you in the slightest over on Haywards Heath.
You really have trouble grasping issues or concepts dont you ? Its probably why youre still knocking about from one dead end menial job to another, just knowing that your big break is coming up any time soon, for about the hundredth time , yes ive done ok , but i have relatives and friends who havent , for instance i have a cousin who is quite frankly always going to be a manual labourer doing the sort of crap jobs that pay very little , you know the sort of job i mean, youve done a lot of them yourself , he is now divorced and can just about afford to pay for a tiny bedsit with a shared kitchen and bathroom, hes worked all his life, paid his taxes etc, well wheres his fvcking social housing then eh ? wheres his council flat ?? i know they fvcking exist because the asylum seeker who lived below me had one , despite him going back to the congo ( where he fled from) 3 times a fvcking year, and you expect people not to be angry when public school educated tosspots like you who have wasted all the opportunities afforded them come along and cheerfully start talking about sharing out things that arent theirs to give , do fvck off :tosser:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
As you no doubt know, I met some of your friends on the train back from Blackburn. To be fair they seemed decent people.
you met one of my friends , i dont know the others ,how on earth did i come up in the conversation ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You really have trouble grasping issues or concepts dont you ? Its probably why youre still knocking about from one dead end menial job to another, just knowing that your big break is coming up any time soon, for about the hundredth time , yes ive done ok , but i have relatives and friends who havent , for instance i have a cousin who is quite frankly always going to be a manual labourer doing the sort of crap jobs that pay very little , you know the sort of job i mean, youve done a lot of them yourself , he is now divorced and can just about afford to pay for a tiny bedsit with a shared kitchen and bathroom, hes worked all his life, paid his taxes etc, well wheres his fvcking social housing then eh ? wheres his council flat ?? i know they fvcking exist because the asylum seeker who lived below me had one , despite him going back to the congo ( where he fled from) 3 times a fvcking year, and you expect people not to be angry when public school educated tosspots like you who have wasted all the opportunities afforded them come along and cheerfully start talking about sharing out things that arent theirs to give , do fvck off :tosser:

Bitter, bitter man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here