Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many illegal immigrants...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Persecution, extreme poverty, disease, war... problems that fortunate Westerners cannot even imagine, let alone empathise with.

It is obviously not just Britain affected by immigration, it's utter madness to even suggest that. Every first world, or even second world, nation is inundated with less fortunate people seeking a better life - if you were in their situation you would do exactly the same.

So instead of criticising those "human right tits" for having a single minded view on these things, or even worse criticise immigrants for seeking a better life - perhaps let's all try to understand why immigration happens and do more to tackle the root of the problem - global poverty, war, disease, and so on.
Yeah and then you get plonkers like you that believe everything when it come's to persecution.Its the oldest trick in the book with many foreigners when trying to get into this country and we fall for it big time.Yes you get a fair few but not as many as you think,let's just open up and let everyone in who's in poverty,war torn countries and disease ridden countries...that better?

You actually think getting to the root of the problem is ever going to happen?no bloody chance and you may aswell go hug the trees with the rest as its a pointless task.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well looking at the antics from the scum assembled in Calais the skys the limit, how on earth are they allowed to congregate in such numbers:rant::rant::rant:
regards
DR
It's because the French want them all here asap and we pay millions each year to the French to keep it that way...Always a catch A.Yet more money flushed down the toilet.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How many of them went home or somewhere else?
Depends how far you can get without a passport or a fake one,but it's unlikely you're goner run off abroad while on the run here because your case hasn't been heard yet.They came here for asylum and they ain't goner leave the country are they...Christ some people:glare:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Depends how far you can get without a passport or a fake one,but it's unlikely you're goner run off abroad while on the run here because your case hasn't been heard yet.They came here for asylum and they ain't goner leave the country are they...Christ some people:glare:

Well they came here for asylum, that would kinda indicate that there is a 'situation' at home, if that situation changes they might need or be able to return...
I'm not saying that they've all gone home but, it would be a fair assumption to presume *some* of them have, don't you think?

Apologies for muddying the waters, carry on with your black and white thinking...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well they came here for asylum, that would kinda indicate that there is a 'situation' at home, if that situation changes they might need or be able to return...
I'm not saying that they've all gone home but, it would be a fair assumption to presume *some* of them have, don't you think?

Apologies for muddying the waters, carry on with your black and white thinking...
You're just a very naive person and rather gullible...Why would you attempt to leave this country while waiting for your asylum case to be reviewed?
If you came here for asylum then surely your goal is to stay here?
You're not goner get very far without a passport although maybe a few will slip the net,but being frank why would you leave the country in the first place?

Try thinking of what these people want and where they want to be and you'll come to the conclusion BRITAIN:glare:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
You're just a very naive person and rather gullible...Why would you attempt to leave this country while waiting for your asylum case to be reviewed?
You're not goner get very far without a passport although maybe a few will slip the net,but being frank why would you leave the country in the first place?

Try thinking of what these people want and where they want to be and you'll come to the conclusion BRITAIN:glare:

Well i'm not thinking that everyone's goal in life is to live in this country, because that is obviously absurd. On the whole a lot of asylum seekers tend to come from the middle classes etc, often the poor simply won't be able to afford to travel.
The fact is that the only thing we do know is that all of them were entitled to claim asylum, meaning that they have had a 'situation' going on in their home country. These situations change, obviously.

So say you're a doctor from iran, who has fallen out of favour, you leave the country in a hurry to save the lives of your family to come here. Whilst you were rich in Iran, you are forced to live off 27 quid a week here. The situation changes back home, your assets are 'unfrozen', you go back.... This must happen. Why would you want to stay? Think about it, would you want to live in a foreign country? Are you assuming that they are all motivated by greed?
A lot of asylum seekers weren't poor in their home countries. Think about it, they came here.

However, ironically you claim that i'm small minded, when you're the one with the attitude that all asylum seekers want to settle here. Ridiculous.

I'd ask you to use your own advice of thinking what these people want, rather than assuming a small minded attitude. Open your brain and think, things are rarely black and white.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yeah and then you get plonkers like you that believe everything when it come's to persecution. Its the oldest trick in the book with many foreigners when trying to get into this country and we fall for it big time. Yes you get a fair few but not as many as you think,let's just open up and let everyone in who's in poverty,war torn countries and disease ridden countries...that better?

How many? Can you post some studies of % of Asylum seekers who are genuine against those who are not?

You actually think getting to the root of the problem is ever going to happen?no bloody chance and you may aswell go hug the trees with the rest as its a pointless task.

Solving the root is far from a pointless task for many reasons. The one we are discussing her is that it would stop the Asylum Seekers from seeking asylum (I think that the death and suffering it causes is far more important than a few Western countries having to accomodate some foreigners, but hey that's just me and my huggy tree..... and plonkers like me).

I agree that it is never going to happen but that is mainly because plonkers like you spend so much of their time directing their anger at the poor buggers who are trying to make a better life for themselves rather than at the governments and their cronies who are running roughshod over all of us (the global masses) to line their pockets and keep themselves in the 1%. The fact is that asylum seekers and other immigrants are not to blame for the ills of our lives but they are a far easier target that those that are.

Some light reading for you

http://www.unhcr.org.uk/about-us/the-uk-and-asylum.html

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's because the French want them all here asap and we pay millions each year to the French to keep it that way...Always a catch A.Yet more money flushed down the toilet.

The french have more than the UK

Does the UK have more asylum seekers than most countries?
No it does not. With an estimated 109,600 asylum applications, Germany was the largest recipient of new asylum claims in 2013. The United States of America was second with 84,400 asylum applications, followed by South Africa (70,000), France (60,200), and Sweden (54,300). By comparison, the UK received 23,507 new applications for asylum by the end of 2013.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I think you have tried thinking what 'these people' want and where they want to be and failed miserably. I have met many Asylum Seekers and refugees in Australia and i think that you would be amazed by their stories and by their intentions and goals.

Forgive me for saying it but you opinions are incredibly ignorant based on nothing but assumptions and scaremongering. Perhaps it would be beneficial for you to stop 'thinking' about what they want and where they want to be and go and talk to them and find out for yourself.

Education beats ignorance everytime.

D

Deleted member 22389

How stupid can you get in this country
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rial-collapses-after-Home-Office-blunder.html

I would stop all civil ceremonies between foreigners in this country tomorrow, it would stop things like this happening in the first place.
I bet there have been thousands of bogus marriages that have gone under the radar. Seriously when people look at the applications can they not smell a rat in lots of these cases. Is it no bleeding obvious that is highly unlikely any European would marry someone from say India or Pakistan in the first place, because of the cultural and religious differences.

More money wasted investigating, and just another example of how people try to exploit our rules. People like him just don't have any respect for our country, he should be removed from the UK.

Anyone for sham Gay marriages, madness
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...._pledge_tough_action_over_gay_sham_marriages/

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well i'm not thinking that everyone's goal in life is to live in this country, because that is obviously absurd. On the whole a lot of asylum seekers tend to come from the middle classes etc, often the poor simply won't be able to afford to travel.
The fact is that the only thing we do know is that all of them were entitled to claim asylum, meaning that they have had a 'situation' going on in their home country. These situations change, obviously.

So say you're a doctor from iran, who has fallen out of favour, you leave the country in a hurry to save the lives of your family to come here. Whilst you were rich in Iran, you are forced to live off 27 quid a week here. The situation changes back home, your assets are 'unfrozen', you go back.... This must happen. Why would you want to stay? Think about it, would you want to live in a foreign country? Are you assuming that they are all motivated by greed?
A lot of asylum seekers weren't poor in their home countries. Think about it, they came here.

However, ironically you claim that i'm small minded, when you're the one with the attitude that all asylum seekers want to settle here. Ridiculous.

I'd ask you to use your own advice of thinking what these people want, rather than assuming a small minded attitude. Open your brain and think, things are rarely black and white.

I spoke to a lady from Myanmar recently who told me about how her village was visted every month by government forces and their houses were burned down, men killed, children taken and women raped. The village was home to a minorty group in Myanmar and the government were trying to eradicate them and use their land for themselves. She told how just after a raid her uncle came and took her, her brothers and sisters and counsins (all teenagers) and headed for the border on foot. They travelled for weeks over the mountains until he sent them across the border to Thailand where they would be taken via Indonesia to Australia in an old and very fishing boat. the boat nearly cpasised many times and she fear for her life. She was then put in a detention centre for 2 year while her application was heard. During this time she suffered from mental illness and stress.

I asked her what she would like to happen in the future and she told me that she wanted to be able to live in Myanmar with her family that she missed very much in peace. She wanted nothing more than to return to her previous life but at the same time was so greatful to have been given the opportunity and help to live in Australia.

I have also met a guy from Iraq who had left his wife and children there to try and find somewhere safe for them all to live. He had not cared where he ended up but had escaped because he was on the wrong side of government after Saddam Hussain had fallen. His and his families lives were at risk from the other factions that were forming across Iraq. Watching that poor fella tell me that he had had no word from family for 4 years while he was in detention was absolutely heartbreaking.

These stories are not unusual in the people that I have met and I would bet my life that they are not unusual for Asylum Seekers in the UK. My advice to those who think that they are economic migrants and charlatans is to go and talk to them, get involved in programs to assist them and see for yourself what they are like. You would have to be one hard hearted ******* to say the kind of things that are being said on this thread once you had met them.

There is a world of people out there who need our help.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How stupid can you get in this country
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rial-collapses-after-Home-Office-blunder.html

I would stop all civil ceremonies between foreigners in this country tomorrow, it would stop things like this happening in the first place.
I bet there have been thousands of bogus marriages that have gone under the radar. Seriously when people look at the applications can they not smell a rat in lots of these cases. Is it no bleeding obvious that is highly unlikely any European would marry someone from say India or Pakistan in the first place, because of the cultural and religious differences.

More money wasted investigating, and just another example of how people try to exploit our rules. People like him just don't have any respect for our country, he should be removed from the UK.

Anyone for sham Gay marriages, madness
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...._pledge_tough_action_over_gay_sham_marriages/

Did you type this with a straight face?

Not everyone has the same problems with cultural differences as you. Don't judge us all by your own standards.

My Auntie married a Pakistani, they got on very well.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) Politicians are elected to represent the interests of the electorate.
2) The electorate want to live in a country free from housing, medical, educational and travel pressures.
3) The electorate know that we all live on a small island with finite resources, where the majority of work is found in a few concentrated areas.
4) The electorate want a harmonious and freely mixing multi-racial society.

If politicians represented our interests they would realise that this small island is only capable of sustaining a certain size of population. We don't have rubber walls or roads that can expand or schools and hospitals that can cope with ever increasing numbers. Houses springing up everywhere, including green field sites. And not just small developments. Vast estates. The pressure on local services will increase until it is no longer sustainable.
And no one gives a toss. They just let the figures go up and up and up, arguing that it helps the economy and that everyone who comes in helps add to the mix. Wrong...they cost more than they create.
I'm not a little Englander against immigration. It has to happen to some degree but it needs to be balanced out by migration. We have become overcrowded Britain and we will all pay the cost.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The french have more than the UK

Does the UK have more asylum seekers than most countries?
No it does not. With an estimated 109,600 asylum applications, Germany was the largest recipient of new asylum claims in 2013. The United States of America was second with 84,400 asylum applications, followed by South Africa (70,000), France (60,200), and Sweden (54,300). By comparison, the UK received 23,507 new applications for asylum by the end of 2013.

Offset that with 55,000 absconders who have been refused asylum and just wandered off into the black economy.

It's the reliance on stats here that's confusing people. The UK is a close 3rd behind Germany and within a spit of France for inward migration from within the EU and is second to Germany in terms of migration from outside the EU.overall we are second in Europe for net inward migration.

Its happening on a scale that is difficult to sustain in terms of infrastructure but is great for the economy as wages are held very low. The mayor of Calais openly says the problem for her is the "overly generous" welfare provision available in the UK and wants us to just lift the border to take the pressure from her town.

War, disease, climate, famine is causing thousands of people to flee from Africa and the Middle East to escape from hell, often risking their and their.childrens lives to do so.

It's only going to get worse. But we are an Island and therefore very well placed to manage migration far better than our friends on the continent. It is time to do that. And we ALL know it.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Not as much as Tabloids will have you think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here