dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nah, not worth it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How long is Wilkins under contract (out of interest)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Only so many times you can blame a manager...

Maybe there's a reason our managers can't sign players (other than ones that want to move here), can't just be coincedence, surely, maybe their hands are tied?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You mean like finances, Trigger? :angel:

Yes........it,s a real problem as to how we can afford to sign 2 quality players at £3,000 a week wages each (£6,000) to help put bums on seats and stop losing £80,000 a home game....(empty seats; 4,000 @ £20 )

Oh.........hang on a minute

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Only so many times you can blame a manager...

Maybe there's a reason our managers can't sign players (other than ones that want to move here), can't just be coincedence, surely, maybe their hands are tied?

Oh, the irony!! :cool:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sack him NOW and get the LEGEND that is DEANO SAUNDERS in charge.....that'd be WICKERD!

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I like the football that we play under Wilkins. It is fluent and easy on the eye. I don't like the results. I would rather we won "ugly", as we often did under McGhee, especially away from home, at a higher level and against better sides than Crewe.
If yesterday's defeat, and the nature of it, were a one-off then I would dismiss it. However, since Wilkins took charge, how many times have we proved to be an elegant soft touch? I fear that, good ideas though he has, Wilkins is a loser. I hope to God that he proves me wrong.
If Wilkins goes - and Knight has never shrunk from wielding the axe for the good of the club - then I wouldn't mind seeing Neil Warnock appointed in his place. The man has fire in his belly and has often expressed admiration for the Albion.
I don't want us to be nice losers. I don't care if the rest of the football world hates us, so long as we are winners.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two more defeats in the next three games and the pressure will be on. Abuse from the crowd is a certainty but will his boss be strong enough to resist the anarchy route of letting them sack the manager this time???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like the football that we play under Wilkins. It is fluent and easy on the eye. I don't like the results. I would rather we won "ugly", as we often did under McGhee, especially away from home, at a higher level and against better sides than Crewe.
If yesterday's defeat, and the nature of it, were a one-off then I would dismiss it. However, since Wilkins took charge, how many times have we proved to be an elegant soft touch? I fear that, good ideas though he has, Wilkins is a loser. I hope to God that he proves me wrong.
If Wilkins goes - and Knight has never shrunk from wielding the axe for the good of the club - then I wouldn't mind seeing Neil Warnock appointed in his place. The man has fire in his belly and has often expressed admiration for the Albion.
I don't want us to be nice losers. I don't care if the rest of the football world hates us, so long as we are winners.

Funnily enough a similar thought has been crossing my mind. Are we too nice?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Were you at Crewe??
They were the ones playing the pretty passing stuff, we played a pretty route one style getting high balls in the box at every opportunity, mostly from deep. And when you say it's not a one off - well away from home it is, we have been very tough to beat on the road under Wilkins. Yesterday was the most direct I have seen us under him, but most of the away wins last season were tough, defensive performances.

At home is a different matter, and in most of limp home performances last season it seemed to be lack of any concerted idea of how we were trying to play, rather than being because of a passing style.

Personally I think our midfield simply isn't good enough, add a couple of class midfielders to the current squad and I think we'd be able to get better results, probably playing better football.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Please please please Wilkins do the decent thing and just leave, just leave now. It was just a continuation of the last season, blame the ref, blame all our bad luck, FECK OFF WILKINS YOU ARE LOSER AND WILL ALWAYS BE A LOSER. Lets do it soon and give a proper manager a decent chance of keeping us up and making progress as WILKINS IS TAKING US DOWN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here