Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many countries have you been to and which is your favourite?

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Wales
France
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Spain
Bulgaria
Croatia
Germany
Italy
Russia
Australia
Japan
Singapore
USA
Trinidad
Tobago
Ireland
Netherlands
Greece

Passed thru:

Canada
Hong Kong
Dubai

Favs: USA, Holland (Amsterdam).

Loads on my must visit list mentioned here, need those darn lottery numbers to roll in!!

Dec 29, 2011
I think I need to get out more. Have only done the following...

France
Spain
Gib
Italy
Greece
Morocco/Ceuta
India
Canada

Split between Canada and India for best place. Could easily live in either.

Both Spain and England, but good try :lol:

What's Ceuta like? I was going to visit but never got the chance, I found it was a bit expensive to visit on a budget?

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Went to Cuba on honeymoon two years ago. Did a twin centre holiday staying 10 nights in Guardalavaca (sp?) and 5 in Havanna. Loved every second of it over there. Would recomend to anyone to get there before it changes for the worse. (aka turns into American resorts like in Cancun Mexico)

As for countries visited is there a list somehwere so I can check against it! :blush: Think it must be something around 30 I have been to, favourite being Cuba and worse Bulgaria.

That's where we stayed.... Playa Costa Verde by any chance??

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
37 different ones.

Favourites were Iceland, Qatar, Bosnia & San Francisco topping NY in USA.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I met a girl from New Caledonia recently; you're right, it's officially part of France. What's it like out there?

I was chatting to a friend earlier who lives in Taiwan. Surprisingly, he said he's not that impressed by the food. He reckons it's not a patch on Vietnamese food (we both used to live in Vietnam). What Taiwanese food is he perhaps missing out on?

Too late to edit so a new post, sorry. I was reminded after I posted of one of my favourite incongruous things - going to Tesco (yes Tesco) and choosing live seafood from a tank that they then dispatched and gave to you still squirming. I'm not sure how sanitory the tanks were but the fish was as fresh as if you'd just caught it with a rod.

On googling I also found this

http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/japanesesushi-i-strongly-recommend.html

Getting rave reviews apparently, it's right near where I used to live but wasn't there when I was.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
40 for me - Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, ROI, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Andorra, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Liechstenstein, San Marino, Vatican state, Malta, Hungary, Poland, Switzerland, Austria, Greece, Bulgaria, Finland, Norway, Turkey, USA, Mexico, Australia, Macau, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Qatar, UAE, Iran, Iraq, Jordan

Favourites would be Iran, Nepal and Jordan

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Adding Czech Republic (Prague) and Slovenia (Ljubljana) in a couple of months time to make 33, and may have to go with work to Switzerland this month to make 34.

Hopefully can hit 35 by age of 30, Lithuania, Slovenia, Latvia being a couple of options.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Here is the list. 29 in all. Best Country: New Zealand. Best City: St Petersburg/Paris. Worst Country: Belize Worst City: Moscow

Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Russia
France
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Germany
Poland
Italy
San Marino
Cyprus
Turkey
Thailand
Malaysia
Myanmar
Singapore
Indonesia
Hong Kong
Australia
New Zealand
Mauritius
Maldives
Trinidad and Tobago
Guatemala
Belize
USA
India

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Too late to edit so a new post, sorry. I was reminded after I posted of one of my favourite incongruous things - going to Tesco (yes Tesco) and choosing live seafood from a tank that they then dispatched and gave to you still squirming. I'm not sure how sanitory the tanks were but the fish was as fresh as if you'd just caught it with a rod.

On googling I also found this

http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/japanesesushi-i-strongly-recommend.html

Getting rave reviews apparently, it's right near where I used to live but wasn't there when I was.

Thanks for the tips. I'll pass the info on to my mate although I don't think he lives in Taipei. Kaohsiung maybe.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks for the tips. I'll pass the info on to my mate although I don't think he lives in Taipei. Kaohsiung maybe.

No worries. I went there three times, once on an island tour to the dragon and tiger pavillions and twice for a football tournament. Ended up in an Irish pub each time :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like the Greek Islands. Especially Kefalonia.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
May as well type my list to remind myself.

France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Latvia, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey.

USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil. 16

Morocco

India, Sri lanka, China, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia.

50. Think that's right but I may be forgetting somewhere. If I'm allowed to add the home nations, Hong Kong, and airports it'd be a few more.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Wales, Scotland, France, Belgium, Spain, Finland, Bulgaria, Greece, Portugal, Holland, Canada, Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico.

Cuba being my favourite.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
May as well type my list to remind myself.

France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Latvia, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey.

USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil. 16

Morocco

India, Sri lanka, China, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia.

50. Think that's right but I may be forgetting somewhere. If I'm allowed to add the home nations, Hong Kong, and airports it'd be a few more.

Yeah, going by some measures I'm adding 20 to my list to include, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Wight, Skye, Ramsey Island, Isle of Thanet, West Pier and Lancing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here