Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many countries have you been to and which is your favourite?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Me.

France
Spain
Sweden
Denmark
Finland
Estonia
Czech Rep.
Poland
Croatia
UAE
Vietnam
Germany
India
USA
Maldives
Turkey
Cyprus
Greece
Tunisia
Belgium
Italy
Hungary

Hard to pick a favorite. Sweden, India and Germany are up there.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1 Austria
2 Belgium
3 Botswana
4 France
5 Germany
6 Greece
7 India
8 Ireland
9 Italy
10 Kenya
11 Luxembourg
12 Namibia
13 South Africa
14 Spain
15 Switzerland
16 Thailand
17 Turkey
18 USA
19 Zambia
20 Zimbabwe

Think that's it. Favorite country to visit is USA. Whilst the holidays to Africa have been out of this world in terms of scale and scenery and wildlife and sheer once in a lifetime type activities, they also feel like been there done that. America on the other hand is a place I can happily go back to time and again.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think I'm in the 35-40 countries bracket. In terms of which were 'favourites', difficult call, but while parts of the US are great, Kenya is brilliant, India I enjoy, it would have to be a European country for me. I have real soft spots for the culture and history of central European countries like Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Czech Rep and for different reasons Spain and Italy, but I guess the question is where you'd be most likely to live, if you had to emigrate, so I'd go Belgium!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
best:USA (California)

worst:Egypt

most overated:Australia

how many? 20-30

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just got to 50 but had to include Britain, the Vatican and all the former Yugolslavian countries I drove through in the early 80's when still under Tito.

Favourite has to be the land of the South Downs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tend to visit cities and Tokyo and Havana are my favourites. My most visited country is the US which I have a love-hate relationship with. Some is brilliant; some not so.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
There are a few people giving thumbs down to Egypt. Egypt was interesting but the hassle you get is terrible. It is common for shop keepers to try a drag you into their shops. One Englishman I me t had punched two shopkeepers and was in trouble with the police.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1. Spain
2. Greece
3. Wales
4. Scotland
5. France
6. Belgium
7. Germany
8. Austria
9. Italy
10. Switzerland
11. Hungary
12. Tunisia
13. Ireland
14. Netherlands
15. Hong Kong
16. Australia
17. New Zealand
18. USA
19. Canada

-- A Few suspect ones
20. Vatican
21. Singapore (airport)
22. Thailand (airport)
23. South Korea (airport)

-- Newest addition last week
24. Portugal

Favourite has to be New Zealand, saw some amazing sites and did some amazing things :thumbsup:

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Cuba is top of my wish list. I want to go there before it changes too much. Should probably try and get to Maldives before it sinks too!!

Regretably never made it to Havana, we stayed in hoguin but would love to go back and see it for the same reasons as yourself!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
1.Wales
2. Scotland
3. France
4. Germany
5. Holland
6. Belgium
7. Austria
8. Switzerland
9. Italy
10. Spain
11. Portugal
12. Andorra
13. Czech Rep
14. Greece
15. USA
16. Canada
17. Barbados

My favourite is Austria

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
There are a few people giving thumbs down to Egypt. Egypt was interesting but the hassle you get is terrible. It is common for shop keepers to try a drag you into their shops. One Englishman I me t had punched two shopkeepers and was in trouble with the police.

Its a dump! Bad food and horrible people (from what I experianced) would not return if it was a free holiday

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just over 30 :

1 France
2 Belgium
3 Netherlands
4 Germany
5 Spain
6 Luxembourg
7 Portugal
8 Ireland
9 Switzerland
10 Egypt
11 Italy
12 Croatia
13 Turkey
14 Romania
15 Hungary
16 Austria
17 Denmark
18 Sweden
19 Latvia
20 Estonia
21 Finland
22 Lithuania
23 Czech Republic
24 Poland
25 Ukraine
26 USA
27 Barbados
28 Seychelles
29 Maldives
30 Australia
31 Hong Kong

Switzerland is my favourite

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
England ,Scotland,Wales ,Ireland ,France ,Spain and Tenerife ,Crete [Greece],Malta ,Bulgaria ,Estonia ,Finland ,Cyprus,Belgium ,Croatia,Bosnia,Montenegro,Slovakia,Serbia,Lithuania,Norway,Hungary,Austria,Germany ,Iceland and Netherlands. 26.Hard to choose ,but a toss up between Croatia [Trogir and Dubrovnik] or Iceland.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Scotland
Wales
N Ireland
Eire
France
Germany
Holland
Bulgaria
Greece
Italy
Iraq
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Kenya
South Africa
Mexico
USA
Sudan
Yugoslavia
Dubai
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Japan
Czech Republic
Uganda
India
Gibraltar

Austria & South Africa were my favourites.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I tried to fill my map in on trip advisor; it took so long trying to remember them all. Way too many to list here. Some countries you have to venture a fair bit to see the real beauty.
For instance, The Philippines. If you judge it on Manila, not so good. But, if you get yourself to somewhere like Palawan, specifically El Nido, then that's the most beautiful place I've been.
So many different places for different reasons. Alaska is great, New Zealand has so many different landscapes & I was lucky enough to work there for 6 months.
Travelling to different countries is all about the memories of a particular time, so I could go on for hours.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
England
Scotland
Wales
France x4
Italy x4
Latvia
Poland
Czech
Malta
Egypt
Holland
Australia (1 year)
Sri Lanka x3
Cambodia
Thailand x5
Laos x3
Nepal x5
Japan x2
India x8
Korea (5.5years)
Turkey

India is the best...Nepal will always be special...Laos used to be great...Korea pays well.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I tried to fill my map in on trip advisor; it took so long trying to remember them all. Way too many to list here. Some countries you have to venture a fair bit to see the real beauty.
For instance, The Philippines. If you judge it on Manila, not so good. But, if you get yourself to somewhere like Palawan, specifically El Nido, then that's the most beautiful place I've been.
So many different places for different reasons. Alaska is great, New Zealand has so many different landscapes & I was lucky enough to work there for 6 months.
Travelling to different countries is all about the memories of a particular time, so I could go on for hours.

agree re the Philippines. Got up to Bolinao recently a great drive up through Luzon, also Puerta Galera this year on Mindoro, easy trip from Manila. But theres plenty more. Fantastic country.

oh. And 46 for the record.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I went to Uganda last week which was number 50 for me. My faves so far have been Iceland and Thailand I reckon. I made a promise to myself about 7 years ago to go to at least 4 new countries every year, I am racking them up:

2013 I did Finland, Estonia, Russia, Kenya, Thailand, Cambodia, Greece and Turkey.

So far this year - South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania and off to Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe next month

What did you make of Uganda? I went three times in 2005/06 on mission trips, absolutely loved the scenery and the people. A lot easier for you to visit l guess, with it beiing just across the border from you.

Ok, countries that l have visited so far are ... France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Hungary, Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kenya, Uganda, India, Sri Lanka, United States, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Antigua, St.Lucia, Singapore, and Australia.

I think that's 34 in total so far. The only continent l haven't set foot on yet is South America, but l hope to put that right one day. Favourites?, probably one of three, either Norway, Uganda or Sri Lanka.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here