Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many countries have you been to and which is your favourite?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
USA
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Hong Kong
Macau
Dubai
Netherlands
Ireland
France
Spain
Monaco
Italy
Austria
Bahamas
Barbados
Uruguay
Mexico

Thinks that's it

I loved visiting each one.

But the only one I'd consider leaving England to live in is New Zealand.

Amazing country, couldn't recommend visiting it more.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Off the top of my head and in no particular order (and including 'home islands'). Probably missed a few. Favourite difficult as so many different criteria but loved Colombia and Brazil.

France
Ireland
Jersey
Guernsey

Holland
Germany
Czech Rep
Denmark
Tunisia
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
India
Switzerland
Portugal
Spain
Belgium
Luxembourg
Croatia
Italy
Japan
USA
Mexico
Brazil
Argentina
Colombia
Ecuador
Venezuela
Uruguay
Antigua
Barbados
Bermuda
Tenerife
Gran Canaria
Fuerteventura
Majorca

Ibiza
Menorca
Formentera
Dubai
Abu Dhabi

Saudi Arabia
Greece
Isle of Man
Poland
Austria

Some serious cheating going on here ;)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Starting at home

UK
France
Spain
Netherlands
Italy
Vatican City
Greece
Ireland
USA
Gambia
Senegal
Mali
Cote D'Ivoire
Ghana
Benin
Togo
Nigeria
Cameroon
CAR
Zaire (now DRC)
Uganda
Kenya
Tanzania
Malawi
Zambia
Botswana
Zimbabwe
Indonesia
Brunei
Malaysia
Thailand
India
Australia
Singapore
UAE
Sri Lanka

make that 36.

Favourites - Mali, Uganda and Zimbabwe for different reasons; but would like to spend more time in Italy, Australia and the States as really liked all of them in the short period I was there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Was a typo I swear :blush: Lovely place though, a small part of England in the climate of Spain. Whoever claimed it as Englis had the right idea.

Gibraltar, a lovely place!? It's a hell hole. Portsmouth with sun.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ha, exactly what I was thinking. Gib has the sun for sure but not sure how it can be referred to as a 'lovely place'.

It's an incredibly interesting place, and the views from the top of the rock are superb, but I can't believe people would actually go there on holiday. It's exactly the same as the worst parts of England, except its hot and cheap. Even the Costa del Sol is less like England than Gib is. I cannot fathom why anyone would want to do anything other than get the cable car up the rock, visit the historical bits, but some cheap spirits and get the hell out. One day is all you need.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's an incredibly interesting place, and the views from the top of the rock are superb, but I can't believe people would actually go there on holiday. It's exactly the same as the worst parts of England, except its hot and cheap. Even the Costa del Sol is less like England than Gib is. I cannot fathom why anyone would want to do anything other than get the cable car up the rock, visit the historical bits, but some cheap spirits and get the hell out. One day is all you need.

This, but of course the point is the locals WANT to be like England and not Spain, hence the last referendum result. There are one or two OK restaurants, no decent hotels, a trip up the Rock to see the views and the apes is worthwhile but agree a day there is plenty. Quite a bit of Naval history too. And Marks and Spencers :ffsparr:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This, but of course the point is the locals WANT to be like England and not Spain, hence the last referendum result. There are one or two OK restaurants, no decent hotels, a trip up the Rock to see the views and the apes is worthwhile but agree a day there is plenty. Quite a bit of Naval history too. And Marks and Spencers :ffsparr:

Oh yes I know, I'm not suggesting for one minute it should be Spanish. I'm just suggesting it would be a very disappointing place to go on holiday to.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
1 France
2 Spain (Ibiza, Majorca mainly)
3 Belgium, on way to..
4 Germany
5 Crete - My favourite. very friendly people, lovely food.
5 Tunisia
6 Israel
7 USA - Florida / Georgia, also NYC.
8 Ireland
9 Portugal
10 Scotland

Want to go to-
South America
Italy
Other Greek islands
China

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh yes I know, I'm not suggesting for one minute it should be Spanish. I'm just suggesting it would be a very disappointing place to go on holiday to.

...and you'd be 100% correct. Day 1, explore Gibraltar, go up Rock, see apes, wander around a few tacky duty free shops. Day 2......er, shall we go over to Spain ? Nothing to see here. There isn't even a decent beach.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1 France
2 Spain (Ibiza, Majorca mainly)
3 Belgium, on way to..
4 Germany
5 Crete - My favourite. very friendly people, lovely food.
5 Tunisia
6 Israel
7 USA - Florida / Georgia, also NYC.
8 Ireland
9 Portugal
10 Scotland

Want to go to-
South America
Italy
Other Greek islands
China

Ah, Crete - good shout. Very friendly, great scenery. Lovely place.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Scotland Wales Ireland Jersey France Luxembourg Belgium Holland Germany Denmark Austria Switzerland Italy Sicily Spain Portugal Hungary China Hong Kong Vietnam Cambodia Laos Thailand USA Isle of Wight getting desperate :facepalm::shrug: would love to travel more it makes you appreciate little old England. My favourite is Ireland :drink:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Scotland
Wales
France
Germany
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Favourite place is Corsica

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And San Marino, Monaco, Vatican City and Euskadi.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Scotland Wales Ireland Jersey France Luxembourg Belgium Holland Germany Denmark Austria Switzerland Italy Sicily Spain Portugal Hungary China Hong Kong Vietnam Cambodia Laos Thailand USA Isle of Wight getting desperate :facepalm::shrug: would love to travel more it makes you appreciate little old England. My favourite is Ireland :drink:

I've been to 16 of those places and would rate Ireland a very distant 16th. I just don't see the attraction of it. Dreary, always raining, a crap overrated capital and it's just as expensive as here.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Majorca
Ibiza
Mainland Spain
Crete
Cyprus
Holland
Denmark
France
Wales
Jersey.
Belgium

Favourite place has got to be Majorca I'm going again soon, I need a holiday:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here