Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many brighton managers have you disliked since supporting the albion?

Oct 25, 2003
It would have stayed that way , the club didn't want to be stuck in League 1 for the next 5 years with Slade at the helm.

i can't work out if you're just trying to wind people up or not by completely ignoring slade's work in the previous (history changing) season which for some reason means that you DISLIKE him

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
For some reason I didn't like the first Peter Taylor(post Clough). Strange tactics and weird ideas.

Remember going to Southend and he played 4 centre halves - we were dreadful and lost 4-0.

Luckily didn't last long and Mullery took over.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dislike is a strong term, but I never warmed to Coppell. You can't spend most of your life not liking someone for obvious reasons and then just ditch that because he becomes Brighton manager. I also knew he wouldn't stay long as he is Palace through and through and it was never going to be long term.

When he was manager Lloyd was probably the least popular of managers but hindsight makes me think he was harshly treated. It didn't stop me shouting Lloyd out repeatedly at the time though, and celebrating when he was finally shown the door.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Never hated any manager. The only one I disliked at all was Case because he got rid off Chapman

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Only Adams mk II.

I was really excited when he started and was expecting big things - after all Wilkins had done very well with a young team the season before. However Adams quickly bought in players that looked good on paper but turned out to be a bit rubbish (Keven McLeod - had the skill, but not the diet; Colin Hawkins - had nothing really).

This was made worse by playing players out of position and his desperate need to shoe-horn an under-performing Adam Virgo into the team. The only bright light that season was Adam El Abd, who was poor in Centre midfield, but at least he tried, which seemed to be more than the rest of the team.

On top of the above, Adams made the situation worse by relying on one-month loanees. Some of these were decent enough players (Savage was clearly injured, Johnson was good enough, Anyinsah seemed OK sometimes), but it left the team unsettled.

What sort of attention seeking tosser asks that sort of question and then answers it with probably our 3 most successful? I'm not saying there isn't reason to dislike all of those but typical of you to name all three. You really are a total nob.

Our three most successful managers TWO PROMOTIONS FROM THE 3RD TIER OF ENGLISH BETWEEN THEM,AND RELEGATION FROM THE 1ST AND 2ND TIERS??? AND A LOSING CUP FINAL:down:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The worst manager without a doubt was George Curtis.
After over fifty six years we gained promotion to the second tier of English football, it took this tw*t only two years to take us down to the fourth tier.
I often wonder where we could have been if this guy had never ever come to the Albion.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For some reason I didn't like the first Peter Taylor(post Clough). Strange tactics and weird ideas.

Remember going to Southend and he played 4 centre halves - we were dreadful and lost 4-0.

Luckily didn't last long and Mullery took over.

The first Peter Taylor is vastly overrated IMO. Two seasons of failure. He frequently didn't turn up to first team matches to go on scouting missions. Not much of a clue how to play away from home. He also bought quite a lot of flops to go with the players that eventually became successes under Mullery.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Peter Taylor (mark II) for being a knob by taking the credit or other people's efforts and then telling the club, on the day we were celebrating promotion, that he was off. Thanks for nothing.
I have absolutely no problem with any of the others.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
After over 42 years of supporting the Albion i feel quite lucky that only three managers are on my list.
MELIA
LLOYD
POYET
This is not a list of worse managers just the ones you didn't really like.
Been pretty happy with the rest tbh which is very positive,over to you nsc.

how did I know that Mr Poyet would be on your list

There aren't any I dislike.

is the right answer
just some you might like a little more than others

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Adams mk II

That's it. And even then, I didn't DISLIKE him, just what he was doing t the team. I pitied him as much as I hated what he was doing. His decisions were SO baffling that it was as though he had some kind of mental problem.

EXACTLY this.

I found it heart-breaking to see what he was doing to his reputation. From very early on you could see that all he was going to do was end up somewhere on the spectrum from "tainting" to "destroying" his reputation with us.

Sad, sad days. They couldn't end soon enough for me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never over keen on Wilkins due to the stories of the way he bullied the youth team.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He must REALLY hate Steve Gritt.

No. Surely EVERYONE loves Steve Gritt. I could come home and find him in bed with my missus, and I couldn't be angry with him.

"So, Steve, what on EARTH happened when the husband walked walked?"
"Strangest thing. He hugged me, thanked me for Hereford, and asked for my autograph."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here