Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many brighton managers have you disliked since supporting the albion?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
utterly ridiculous....keeping us up that season changed albion history. We would've started life at the AMEX in either league 2 or league 1. The crowds would be MUCH lower. We were poor the following season but to say you dislike him after all he did the previous season (do you not remember how much of a complete shambles we were before he took over) is one of the most ludicrous things I've read on here. Plus he's a lovely chap.

Slade is class. It amuses me on twitter seeing him and Dean Cox tweeting each other about ice cream and other such nonsense.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How you can hate that FANTASTIC man I'll never know. He's a HERO and saved us from almost certain relegation.

3rd choice on DK's shortlist , no ambition beyond mid table obscurity , look where he is now ...... ORIENT.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
utterly ridiculous....keeping us up that season changed albion history. We would've started life at the AMEX in either league 2 or league 1. The crowds would be MUCH lower. We were poor the following season but to say you dislike him after all he did the previous season (do you not remember how much of a complete shambles we were before he took over) is one of the most ludicrous things I've read on here. Plus he's a lovely chap.

He's on Twitter. He gets on well with his players at Orient. One of our players said he was a great chap but a bit too nice.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Totally agree with the Adams Part Deux, and again I think 'dislike' is the wrong word. I'd met him in a club (in Market Harborough) in the intervening years and made a fool of myself, so was hugely excited when he returned. Then he just seemed to go mad.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Easy for me...

Barry Lloyd
Everyone keeps going on about how well he did under difficult circumstances, but he was fully aware of the predicament of the club when he was bought in...He also made absolutely ZERO effort to build any form of relationship with the fans. Agree that he helped bring in some fantastic players to the club. However, we had more bad times than good under Lloyds tenure and much of this was, despite what some say, down to the way he treated some good pro's (Garry Nelson one example).

Peter Taylor
Don't really dislike him, but I think he treated the club pretty poorly. He got us up with the team that Adams built and took the credit. Oh and some of the football we played was dire! 1-0 up and defend, defend, defend!

Mark McGhee
Started off well, again similarly to Taylor with a good squad inherited from Coppell...Again, though similarly to Lloyd, he polarised the fans and became a very divisive figure at the club. Tactically naive (as other clubs have found). Regardless of whether he was right or wrong, he appeared to treat some players better than others.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All of them!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
people are being harsh on mcghee as well here.....keeping us up with that budget was one of the best achievements in albions history

Agreed again. Not a lot to DISLIKE about McGhee. It WAS time for a change when he did leave, in my opinion, though.

Oct 25, 2003
Agreed again. Not a lot to DISLIKE about McGhee. It WAS time for a change when he did leave, in my opinion, though.

yes i completely agree...his last two seasons (well, 1 and a bit) were very poor and he seemed to have completely run out of steam. However he was seriously hampered by having to sell his best players and not having the money to sign replacements. Didn't help himself by (reported) fallings out with key players though.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I only really disliked Peter Taylor (recent), as it seemed like he felt he was doing us a favour by being in charge.

I couldn't really connect with Mcghee or Slade but that's not to say I don't appreciate what they each did for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here