How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have a look where READING were last season around November/December last year and then look at how they finished...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To answer the OP it will take years for any fan to turn to Gus, it will take days for fickle pricks to.

Also, recently I thought US had calmed down a bit but it's great to see the return of a genuine foot-stamping, spit-fleckled nutter.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To answer the OP it will take years for any fan to turn to Gus, it will take days for fickle pricks to.

Also, recently I thought US had calmed down a bit but it's great to see the return of a genuine foot-stamping, spit-fleckled nutter.

Happy to oblige.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It is a brave new World now and failure is not an option. We do not have the luxury of fannying around mid table or the arse end of the championship. Bloom has invested £ 105 000 000 in the club. Do you think he did this to see us as " an also ran ".

He is patient, we saw that with Slade, but he has an agenda for the club and that is far higher than the majority of BHAFC fans it would seem, certainly people on nsc. Long term fans of the club have got used to us being a small club and people still have this " small club " mentality, ever grateful for us not being in the 3rd or 4th division, over lavish praise for the team and manager, accepting of almost anything. RAISE THE BAR. Every single thing at the Amex , the club, the marketing, the merchandise is premiership. The only thing that is not is the team, not by a long way. The team needs to catch up and quickly, 3 years to go up tops, ideally, maybe 4-5 but Bloom would not be happy with that.

The facts are 3 games and 0 goals, 1 point in 6 and 21st is a CRAP start to the season. You start to give the strong teams a head start and that gets ever harder to catch up. Poyet does not have forever to get this team right.

If anyone thinks lower than 10th is acceptable this season they are following the wrong club. 10th is unacceptable, a play off place at the very least is the objective and if that fails promotion next season.

That is the script, keep up at the back please.
FACT this is the hardest league to get out of ...i bet at least 15 teams will be aiming to be in top six...and pardon me for accepting 10th providing we give it a real go!!...foundations are still being laid for example academy...wasnt it a five year plan of which we are in number 2?...lets not start going on about Bloom thinks this blooms thinks that you are talking as if you know his every thought....and stop feking posting as if your panicking

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Of course Gus shouldn't be immune from criticism, but it's far too early to even contemplate going down that road. Yes, we were were we were three seasons ago, but that's history. Expectations, rightly, are a lot higher now and with our set up and the increased money being paid to players and management staff we should expect a serious push at a top 6 finish.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I joked as I left the Amex last night that someone would be calling for Gus's head and low and behold it's here.

For me last night was a great advert for the Albion and football in general, two good sides playing attractive football. I for one am happy with that, what is wrong with a top ten finish we are still learning as a team and Gus as a manager.

We all know that we need a player up front with a clinical finish but you can't fault CMS last night he played out of his skin and ok Barnes missed a sitter but I would be more dissappointed if he wasn't getting into goal scoring position.

It will all come good just be patient, enjoy the ride on the Gus Bus it's a marathon not a sprint.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Can't believe you made this thread, were you at the game last night?

We were unlucky against a VERY strong Hull side away and drew at home with a very strong Cardiff side where both keepers were outstanding. Both teams are pushing for promotion. If we get 3 points on Saturday against Barnsley then I say that is a good start to the season.

Edit: We were all taking the absolute piss out of Palace with their "dougie out" threads. THIS is embarrassing.

Last edited:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Is it possible its not the fans GP needs to worry about, its TB in case he has already lost quite a lot of faith in GP. Certainly would partially explain why no major signings or signings that are a statement of intent when the league is stronger and our rivals are buying better players to have a challenge? If you invest £100 million and you are a gambler, then you are either want to be entertained for vanity reasons or you want a return on that punt at some point (or both). I don't for one second think TB wasn't 'hoping' for a possible promotion last season, helped by the boost of new stadium, and for this year, is expecting rather than hoping that to happen. He's not so rich he can spend money and see a very modest return over many years - premiership achieved and he sees a very quick return via TV money as well as getting his home club where he wants it, in the top division and with a stadium for life - his legacy to this city and club is done. If 10 games pass and there is not an obvious sign of an actual serious challenge taking place this year, or a style that will work in this league with players we have, I think the idea GP stays and is safe until he decides to leave will come under some pretty close scrutiny from above....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
How anyone can call for El Gus to be booted out is beyond me....

After last nights game which we could have won or lost and the reason we did not lose was kuszczak double save who purchased that dude ? Who is building the team he wants ? It is clear to see we are an improving team which yes still needs tinkering with, and we may well get found out now and again, but is very capable of going on a long wining run.

Those that "turn" on Gus know nothing about football and know nothing about this club and where we have come from. Having said that this is was inevitable with new fans or as discribed on here JCL.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Serious question.

11 competitive games on the trot without a win, no goals scored in the 3 games played this season.

How long before the fans start turning on Poyet?

I think if we lose at home on Saturday, the mood might start turning
Hahahahaha

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
How anyone can call for El Gus to be booted out is beyond me....

After last nights game which we could have won or lost and the reason we did not lose was kuszczak double save who purchased that dude ? Who is building the team he wants ? It is clear to see we are an improving team which yes still needs tinkering with, and we may well get found out now and again, but is very capable of going on a long wining run.

Those that "turn" on Gus know nothing about football and know nothing about this club and where we have come from. Having said that this is was inevitable with new fans or as discribed on here JCL.

Agreed that nobody should be turning on gus just yet but I think your misguided in thinking its only "JCL's", as you call them, who think he should be singled out for criticism.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Serious answer - we now compete with decent Championship teams on the basis of equals. If anyone turns against Poyet this week, next week or next month they need a firm smack to the head.

A billion times this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports