Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Turn on Gus....OK, finish the joke then....who would you replace him with....I heard that the 'Brightest young manager' in the division might be available soon....just take a trip to the Holmesdale.net to see fans insulting each other calling for Dougies head....don't ever think of us going down that path...BTW Anyone know what's happened to 'Seaside our pet Eastbourne Eagle ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I speak as someone who has long been critical of Gus' tippy-tappy football.

I can see NO reason for the fans to turn on Gus. Ok, there will be the odd moan about such things as the waste of money on CMS, and the recruitment/treatment of some players, but fundamentally Gus is doing a great job.

We all know that Gus sees it just like we all do. He is desperately looking for a striker/strikers, the final piece(s) in out jigsaw puzzle. Judging by his recent statements, he is being hog-tied by the financial restrictions being put upon him. Do you intend to turn-upon Tony Bloom and his Board after all he has done for us?

Sadly, and I am guilty of this, the only person that we can actively "blame" is CMS for shooting blanks.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a brave new World now and failure is not an option. We do not have the luxury of fannying around mid table or the arse end of the championship. Bloom has invested £ 105 000 000 in the club. Do you think he did this to see us as " an also ran ".

He is patient, we saw that with Slade, but he has an agenda for the club and that is far higher than the majority of BHAFC fans it would seem, certainly people on nsc. Long term fans of the club have got used to us being a small club and people still have this " small club " mentality, ever grateful for us not being in the 3rd or 4th division, over lavish praise for the team and manager, accepting of almost anything. RAISE THE BAR. Every single thing at the Amex , the club, the marketing, the merchandise is premiership. The only thing that is not is the team, not by a long way. The team needs to catch up and quickly, 3 years to go up tops, ideally, maybe 4-5 but Bloom would not be happy with that.

The facts are 3 games and 0 goals, 1 point in 6 and 21st is a CRAP start to the season. You start to give the strong teams a head start and that gets ever harder to catch up. Poyet does not have forever to get this team right.

If anyone thinks lower than 10th is acceptable this season they are following the wrong club. 10th is unacceptable, a play off place at the very least is the objective and if that fails promotion next season.

That is the script, keep up at the back please.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As long as they contniue to play the brand of football we have seen in the last two games, then they have my full and vocal support, its just a pleasure to watch win lose or draw.

But please dont serve me warm....no hot Heinekan again, that will make me mad.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Most pundits think that anyone of 15 teams could get promotion this year. TB may have spent a lot of money, but then so have other clubs. Looking at the teams and the money available to some of them, I would not be shocked if we finished mid-table.. However I do think that with a few more players and with GUS, we have a chance of getting into the playoffs. Some people on here need to look at other teams and the budgets they have

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is a brave new World now and failure is not an option. We do not have the luxury of fannying around mid table or the arse end of the championship. Bloom has invested £ 105 000 000 in the club. Do you think he did this to see us as " an also ran ".

He is patient, we saw that with Slade, but he has an agenda for the club and that is far higher than the majority of BHAFC fans it would seem, certainly people on nsc. Long term fans of the club have got used to us being a small club and people still have this " small club " mentality, ever grateful for us not being in the 3rd or 4th division, over lavish praise for the team and manager, accepting of almost anything. RAISE THE BAR. Every single thing at the Amex , the club, the marketing, the merchandise is premiership. The only thing that is not is the team, not by a long way. The team needs to catch up and quickly, 3 years to go up tops, ideally, maybe 4-5 but Bloom would not be happy with that.

The facts are 3 games and 0 goals, 1 point in 6 and 21st is a CRAP start to the season. You start to give the strong teams a head start and that gets ever harder to catch up. Poyet does not have forever to get this team right.

If anyone thinks lower than 10th is acceptable this season they are following the wrong club. 10th is unacceptable, a play off place at the very least is the objective and if that fails promotion next season.

If all the above is true then TB needs to go the extra mile and give Gus the funds for the striker he needs, THEN we can raise expectations to the next level. If we don't get a Premier League quality striker we won't be going up. It's quite simple really.

Having said that I am happy to watch a competitive Championship side flirting with the playoffs but not going up for another season or so, as we establish ourselves in this league. I won't be DEMANDING promotion or a cull.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Are you really talking about league position after 2 games? Really?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

I dont agree US, top 10 would be acceptable again, i honestly beleive its about consolidation and becoming a decent championship side and developing the players we have at the moment, we are not ready as a team for the premiership, there needs to be major investment in areas of that team for us to to serious contenders at the end of the season.

for me, I am just loving the ride, we are playing great football in a terrfic ground and competing well against top top sides. We will be top 10 this year as just too good for about 15 of the sides in the league. Next year is another step towards the prem, not this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you really talking about league position after 2 games? Really?

And the last 10 last season. Yes league position counts from day 1. 5 points off the pace already. It seems you and a lot of fans are very complacent and assume it will all miraculousy come good.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
And the last 10 last season. Yes league position counts from day 1. 5 points off the pace already. It seems you and a lot of fans are very complacent and assume it will all miraculousy come good.

Let's see after 10 games shall we (of this season).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Have to agree... I was going to post last night but couldnt be arsed to get flamed, but I thought we looked like a team who won't win many games this season.

Oh and I'm usually one of the more positive posters on here...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I dont believe there is anyone around/available that could do as good/better job than what Poyet has done. What a stupid thread.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

One of the most accurate comments written on NSC.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I dont agree US, top 10 would be acceptable again, i honestly beleive its about consolidation and becoming a decent championship side and developing the players we have at the moment, we are not ready as a team for the premiership, there needs to be major investment in areas of that team for us to to serious contenders at the end of the season.

for me, I am just loving the ride, we are playing great football in a terrfic ground and competing well against top top sides. We will be top 10 this year as just too good for about 15 of the sides in the league. Next year is another step towards the prem, not this year.

Agree with this 100%.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Two games mean little. Last season was last season. We had a belting start last season - then fell away. People are not being complacent - there is no point playing Private Fraser after two games. This is a long term project for TB. He has picked and backed Poyet. Two games that could have gone either way will not be a concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here