How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you honestly saw that in the opening three games at Swindon Hull and Cardiff, then well played you. i call it hindsight.

Nothing to moan about, in fact it was fantastic thread
The 'back from the game' thread - Cardiff (h) edition

Threads included positive comments about the game, performances. I highlighted in one of the treads how we had twice as many shots in each game than we averaged last season. Others spoke of how promising it looked with players showing no ill-affect from the disappointment of the end of last season, how strong our keeper and fullbacks looked. Brighton rock commented:
The biggest positive for me was the speed we moved the ball at in the final third. Neat one-touch triangles and overlaps, Cardiff couldn't get near us as Noone was cutting in, CMS dropping deep and Crofts driving on so it almost became a 424. Our biggest fault last season was too slow a tempo, it was great to see the increasing understanding between our forward players and the zip they played with. Sure, the odd pass was misplaced, which is inevitable the quicker you play and less time you take over a pass, but it was refreshing to see an opposition defence on the back foot rather than watching us impotently pass it from side to side in the centre circle. And Crofts left one in on Bellamy in an absolutely HUMUNGOUS 50/50. Glorious scenes.

Plenty of people saw improvements. Same style, same system, executed better and faster with a stronger defence and CMS looking like he had plenty of goals in him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It does make me laugh when people say 'Gus had no Plan B'.

It many games, if not most - he had plans B, C, D and E. In fact, when the players work out exactly how the opposition has set-up, they alter their playing shape accordingly. If he took off Sparrow, for instance, and replace him with Lua Lua, it's not like we're going to be playing exactly the same way after that. The principal problem last season, as we have learned from this season, wais the quality of players required.

Actually, I say 'laugh'. I really mean 'cringe'.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Sorry to bring up the T-word on this thread, but the thread title keeps reminding me of a cartoon that appeared in The Independent (or possibly The Guardian) the day after Thatcher was toppled, which went something along the lines of:

Man 1: "Apparently she was turned on, by men in grey suits."
Man 2: "Aye, power can do funny things to your libido."

So the answer to the question "Will the fans turn on Poyet?" must surely be "It depends on how much he's into Gully's Girls."

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Are we better than last season?

First 11 games = 18 points
This season = 18 points

......No one who can score for us
4 games without a win
1 goal scored in the last 4 games
No wins this season against any side in the top half of the table
& Leicester & Blackpool away next

........Excuses have run out Mr Poyet?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Serious question.

11 competitive games on the trot without a win, no goals scored in the 3 games played this season.

How long before the fans start turning on Poyet?

I think if we lose at home on Saturday, the mood might start turning

The serious answer is that we do not turn on him, who will come in and do a better job, we need to support him and hope he learns from the mistakes he is making.I`ve said it before and will say it again , the man who never made a mistake never made anything, McSmudger and Barnes want to be strikers in this division it`s about time they started scoring on a regular basis , if they can`t do that then they should fcuk off, Gus should have the bollox to admit his mistake by playing them at this level and replace them both.Barnes is young i know but we need results now not in the future when he matures.In a year or two Gus will be gone , we will not attract or keep players like Bruno Bridge Kuscack or Vicente without him, if we don`t get promotion with Gus we will be stuck in this division or lower for a long time to come, the pretty ground that we have guarantees us nothing.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The serious answer is that we do not turn on him, who will come in and do a better job, we need to support him and hope he learns from the mistakes he is making.I`ve said it before and will say it again , the man who never made a mistake never made anything, McSmudger and Barnes want to be strikers in this division it`s about time they started scoring on a regular basis , if they can`t do that then they should fcuk off, Gus should have the bollox to admit his mistake by playing them at this level and replace them both.Barnes is young i know but we need results now not in the future when he matures.In a year or two Gus will be gone , we will not attract or keep players like Bruno Bridge Kuscack or Vicente without him, if we don`t get promotion with Gus we will be stuck in this division or lower for a long time to come, the pretty ground that we have guarantees us nothing.

Gus would go up in my estimation if he occasionally had the humility to admit when he gets something wrong. Like all of us, he fu**s up from time to time but whereas as most of us learn lessons from our mistakes I've seen nothing to suggest that Gus has to date.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
teams have to work bloody hard to get something out of us and we have had no luck last few games. Gus will work it out - he always has so far

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Gus would go up in my estimation if he occasionally had the humility to admit when he gets something wrong. Like all of us, he fu**s up from time to time but whereas as most of us learn lessons from our mistakes I've seen nothing to suggest that Gus has to date.

Exactly. What's the excuse tonight? 'They didn't park the bus - which surprised us, and teams need to stop surprising us, its not fair'.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Think Gus Poyet's days are numbered at BHA.

4 1/2 games now & one goal scored.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
............A month later & everything is very rosy in the garden of Amex.
However, at the time of posting the thread I think it was a worthwhile question to ask. I was not advocating anyone to turn on Poyet, however, every football manager is based on their results.
So if they were to lose their next 4 games would you wanting poyet out? It is clear he know what he is doing and the massive improvements to the team. 4 games is not enough game to sack a manager on.
How things swing from month to month!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports