Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Is Everyone Feeling After The Grand Tour?

el punal

Got home yesterday around 6.00 pm absolutely knackered but still buzzing from that monumental, historic trip to Amsterdam. I didn’t quite realise how many pre-match drinks I’d downed with the rest of the Albion faithful on Thursday but suffering a bit now. Was it worth it? Of course it was! :drink: :thumbsup: :ascarf:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Just flown back from an amazing trip to the Cafe de Deugniet in Amsterdam. Great beer, music, staff and sparklers. Disappeared for a few hours to go to a football game, which was a similarly brilliant experience. Amsterdam public transport absolutely spot on. Lovely people in Amsterdam too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
@Commander and I were talking about this last night.

He wondered if I felt better as I can’t drink currently, but I’m not sure I do. The emotional and mental tiredness is a big factor as is the lack of sleep.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Tired. Happy.

Felt a bit flat/drained on the final leg home last night after a long & emotional few days, but sleep & reflection work wonders.

Very glad for a day's recovery before tomorrow though (I reckon the fans need it more than the players!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leaving the plane a chap began to talk through the inevitability of Sunday's game.
We all chipped in on how the 0-1 match will pan out.

Of course I'll be there, but right now it all feels a bit too much and definitely too soon.

This come down is bad.

I know what'll cheer me up - Putting on my big boy pants and finally looking at my bank account. 😳

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Leaving the plane a chap began to talk through the inevitability of Sunday's game.
We all chipped in on how the 0-1 match will pan out.

Of course I'll be there, but right now it all feels a bit too much and definitely too soon.

This come down is bad.

I know what'll cheer me up - Putting on my big boy pants and finally looking at my bank account. 😳
That'll be why I'm happy. I haven't looked at my bank account yet :lolol:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It seems a common theme reading these comments,... spent loads ( not a cheap city)... lack of sleep (no sleep 'til Dublin) .... Beer outstandingly strong ( if like me lager isn't a choice) ..... bought a cheap umbrella at one point ( it's not just our island that gets wet) ...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just got on train to Schiphol a minute ago.
Very weary. Two excellent sessions accomplished.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, I’ve just done that (my account, not yours) and f**k me.

Anyone want to buy a 17 year old student with a penchant for curry, fast food and football matches?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've just seen a £14.83 bill for two beers we had before retiring to our rooms. The 70p I spent to use the toilet on the motorway now seems cheap.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Not got out of bed yet. Got home at 5pm went to bed at 7pm. Went a bit to hard on the Wednesday (4am) so the Thursday was a bit quieter. I’m 50 and never gonna grow up. Saw loads of people hadn’t seen for ages and just laughed a lot. Bank account is bashed a bit but ‘here for a good time not a long time’. Up the Albion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
@Commander and I were talking about this last night.

He wondered if I felt better as I can’t drink currently, but I’m not sure I do. The emotional and mental tiredness is a big factor as is the lack of sleep.
I didn’t go and I still feel drained

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Just checked my bank balance and was pleasantly surprised. I mean it was a low bar because I was expecting not to eat until payday but still, nice.

Maybe your phone breaking and losing your card around midnight is actually the way forward. Saved me at least another 3 hours of drinking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Got in just after 1130pm - slept well

However, shattered…..

Wouldn’t change it for anything, absolutely brilliant few days….

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Having my last Heineken in AMS before heading home, game tomorrow is going to be a struggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here