Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How hostile is Friday going to be?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Selhurst has never been hostile. From stations from East Croydon to London BHA take over and take the piss. OB well on top but Palace are hardly threatening.

The trouble will not be around selhurst anyway

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Clearly there's never been a Brighton v Palace fixture of this magnitude and importance before with so much at stake.

Neutrals talk of this being a somewhat mickey mouse 'derby' and are somewhat dismissive of it, but from what I've seen in the past the level of hate between the two sets of supporters is unprecedented.

Personally I think the atmosphere on friday is going to be absolutely vile and the OB are going to have a job on there hands. Fingers crossed it goes without incident of course and we can stick to talking about the football come the final whistle.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

It is a mickey mouse derby. Majority of Palace fans don't regard it as a derby anyway. It's only Brighton fans that big it up.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It is a mickey mouse derby. Majority of Palace fans don't regard it as a derby anyway. It's only Brighton fans that big it up.

Thats quite true its a age thing.

55+ millwall
40 + BHA
20+ Charton and a few Wimbeldon

But TBH for me 48 I hate dirty Leeds!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I might shit myself from inflatable seagulls at the Amex

You won't be there will you?... stop telling porkies........telly for you methinks.

You are on here too much to be a real fan.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Interesting. A quick read of Palace online forums would suggest otherwise.

Its called 'dumbing down' the importance of the game to save face when Albion take that stroll up Wembley Way.

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012

Exactly this, Brighton fans need it as a derby because no one else is slightly bothered by their existance. I'm much more interested in playing Millwall and Charlton.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Exactly this, Brighton fans need it as a derby because no one else is slightly bothered by their existance. I'm much more interested in playing Millwall and Charlton.

Do you post waste of time comments on their forums as well?

Interesting username as well. I seem to remember he dived a lot as well.

Jan 30, 2008
I actually think it will be far better than last time as anyone who acts stupid will know exactly what will happen
yes, with all the bobble hatters and conformists gathering shouldn't be any problems , probably be our soppiest away support ever :annoyed:
regards
DR

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember that night, I took my young son (a mistake as I was really worried for him). We were kept back for ages after the match and the raving Millwall fans we running up and down the terraces like maniacs... they made bonfires and screamed blue murder. It was terrifying coming out into the night amidst the loonies from the Den. BUT we got to Wembley! Anybody else there who remembers it?

Yes my that was a fun night.

makes going to the new den like attending the queen's garden party ( Not that I ever have, but I would imagine it is like the Den)

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
The Millwall olayoff, I dont remember too much about the game apart from nearly breaking my arm when we scored the equaliser. But remember the home leg and that retarded 'wall skinhead getting led out around infront of the north stand. Dont know why that sticks out but it does. Went to the 'wall game earlier in the season though, and that actually seemed worse after that game. Palace on Friday will be passionate and hostile, but I doubt dangerous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here