How have Brighton paid for the new stadium and academy ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nothing to d with rivalry i expect a mod to realise this is nothing more than a wimd up especially when countered with reasoned arguments.

A moderator writes ...

It seems to me that it is perfectly acceptable to discuss this topic intelligently on NSC. And much of this thread has been intelligent discussion. It is also acceptable to ask where Tony Bloom's wealth comes from. The fact that nobody knows makes it all the more acceptable to discuss this. It's a topic that has been aired regularly - usually with Albion fans being the first to ask the questions. I don't consider it to be a question that could only come from a troublemaking troll. I'm as fed up with trolling as most. But I don't see a reason to intervene in this thread - other than to support the deletion of excessive personal abuse.

Sorry.

If I've honestly wound people up with my posts on here then:-

1. It was genuinely unintentional

2. I hadn't realised asking if TB was a "billionaire" would wind people up. I assumed it was something that was interesting as a discussion point. Jeez i even posted that I was "jealous" of you having him as your owner. Was that also trolling?

3. If you represent the average Brighton fan now then I guess my input is neither wanted nor popular with your new fans. Fair enough I guess.

If anyone honestly thinks that I should be banned for my posts on this thread the god help NSC.

To be fair, you seem to be taking the stick for those that have gone before you.

Thank you for doing what you have done in the past.

Recently NSC has been polluted with Palace trolls, unlike BBS our overlords feel it neccesary to allow this to continue, even though the majority voted to have an away end.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
if you represent the average Brighton fan now then I guess my input is neither wanted nor popular with your new fans. Fair enough I guess.

Don't guess how long I've been a fan just because I joined NSC in 2006 and don't presume to judge my own involvement in Fans United or more recently Fans Re-United with Plymouth.

This board has been plagued by Palace fans lately and it's pissing a lot of people off, myself included.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
This board has been plagued by Palace fans lately and it's pissing a lot of people off, myself included.

Can I ask you a genuine question, If we are just here to discuss football is that really so wrong? What is it that gets you so much? if you come back with something like "you're all pikey scum" then forget I asked the question.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A moderator writes ...

It seems to me that it is perfectly acceptable to discuss this topic intelligently on NSC. And much of this thread has been intelligent discussion. It is also acceptable to ask where Tony Bloom's wealth comes from. The fact that nobody knows makes it all the more acceptable to discuss this. It's a topic that has been aired regularly - usually with Albion fans being the first to ask the questions. I don't consider it to be a question that could only come from a troublemaking troll. I'm as fed up with trolling as most. But I don't see a reason to intervene in this thread - other than to support the deletion of excessive personal abuse.

Sorry.

No need to apologise.

There was not a jot of anti Bloom, or inappropriate discussions about Bloom's personal circumstances. The debate seemed reasonable, then one or two got hot under the collar about alleged evil Palace fans or trolls talking about Bloom's wealth.

Storm in a teacup.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A moderator writes ...

I'm as fed up with trolling as most.

Well, you were given the green light to deal with it a long time ago.......you ignored the opportunity.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can I ask you a genuine question, If we are just here to discuss football is that really so wrong? What is it that gets you so much? if you come back with something like "you're all pikey scum" then forget I asked the question.

As an Albion fan, I haven't a problem with the recent CP fans postings, as long as it is polite, reasoned or funny.

In the zzzzzzz long build up to the next derby, some on here are getting slightly violent in their tone, with a knuckle dragging hatred of all things CP.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As an Albion fan, I haven't a problem with the recent CP fans postings, as long as it is polite, reasoned or funny.

In the zzzzzzz long build up to the next derby, some on here are getting slightly violent in their tone, with a knuckle dragging hatred of all things CP.

Ah. So those that don't like the trolls are knuckle draggers? Jesus wept.

What is so wrong with wanting a forum where Brighton fans can discuss things with other Brighton fans without Palace mongs thinking they're clever by picking fights?

Ah yes. Titanic thinks that's sterile.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing to d with rivalry i expect a mod to realise this is nothing more than a wimd up especially when countered with reasoned arguments.

Clear yet very subtle trolling. The message was prove what Tony's wealth is, or by nudges, winks and hints, I'll paint the picture of Tony really having not enough money, and by implication the albion being on the road to ruin.

Buzzer was right, the thread should have been closed before the trolling and innuendo even started.

There's a number of sour-faced palace fans who delight in pouring cold water on anything that's good about the albion. Slagging off the stadium and raising question marks about finances are 2 of their favorite tactics.

Clear yet very subtle trolling. The message was prove what Tony's wealth is, or by nudges, winks and hints, I'll paint the picture of Tony really having not enough money, and by implication the albion being on the road to ruin.

Buzzer was right, the thread should have been closed before the trolling and innuendo even started.

There's a number of sour-faced palace fans who delight in pouring cold water on anything that's good about the albion. Slagging off the stadium and raising question marks about finances are 2 of their favorite tactics.

This.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

It makes me wonder of some have any interest outside of supporting their team, oh well as long as they are happy.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

And how exactly do you square your observation with this post of mine?

That and I'm jealous that you have such a wealthy, supportive owner who appears to be a genuine fan to boot.;)

- - - Updated - - -

And how exactly do you square your observation with this post of mine?

That and I'm jealous that you have such a wealthy, supportive owner who appears to be a genuine fan to boot.;)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It makes me wonder of some have any interest outside of supporting their team, oh well as long as they are happy.

Supporting their team, equates to must HATE others, to thicko's.
Since the Amex was opened, a few of these has come to the fore on NSC, for example "If any Liverpool or Arsenal fan shows their colours in a Brighton section (during the home cup ties), I'm really going to kick off to get them ejected".
All planned beforehand, rather than just 100% looking forward to the occasions and play. Weird.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This was a good thread. The dullards Buzzer, Marcus and the endlessly banned cjd have ruined it. Who cares whether the palace fan thinks Bloom's not worth that much? Does it really matter in the scale of things?
I feel sorry for Titanic. The amount of abuse he gets on here is ridiculous.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This was a good thread. The dullards Buzzer, Marcus and the endlessly banned cjd have ruined it. Who cares whether the palace fan thinks Bloom's not worth that much? Does it really matter in the scale of things?

True.
Even if it did start off with a bit of stirring, it was a reasonable and informative debate, then some in sore need of anger management joined the debate and it quickly descended.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

I thought the thread started off really well, I was very interested until people started having a go at the OP and the other guy. I don't see what was wrong with the original questions.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
What's wrong with losing £8m a year? Charlton do according to the latest accounts and we don't have half the team or facilities that Brighton have. Surely most Championship clubs run at that kind of loss? Unless they run on boom and bust principles and go into administration the way the likes of Charlton and Albion have always had too much class to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports