Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How have Brighton paid for the new stadium and academy ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
What a very strange thread. I was finding it interesting until it got ruined, first by Titanic getting his knickers in a twist over the wording on a wikipedia post and then by Buzzer and TMLS going off on one at a Palace fan for no reason whatsoever. Compounded by the aforementioned Titanic defending the Palace fuan he had previously been having a go at.

What are you thinking man? There is always a good reson to have a go at a Nigel, not least because they are Nigel's. well done I say!

But they are football fans like us, but they are Scummer scum bags, but I'm sure some are nice fellas, but then again they are all Palace spazmo's.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And how exactly do you square your observation with this post of mine?

- - - Updated - - -

And how exactly do you square your observation with this post of mine?

It is a clear and favourite tactic of numerous palace trolls to paint a picture of Tony Bloom not having much money and of the albion by extension being in financial trouble.

One of their favorite figures is the 50 million mentioned in the rich list you quoted. You then repeatedly asked for proof of Tony's worth, which is impossible for anyone to provide with an internet link.

Maybe your motives are purer than the rest of the palace crew, maybe not.

My view is it was subtle trolling, spinkled with a few comments like the above to try and camouflage it.

That's all I'll say on this anymore. A good thread turned to crap.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Splendid reply there BV.

Ed fair enough but I read it as trolling, spamming, fishing, WUM etc etc have to agree to disagree on that one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What are you thinking man? There is always a good reson to have a go at a Nigel, not least because they are Nigel's. well done I say!

But they are football fans like us, but they are Scummer scum bags, but I'm sure some are nice fellas, but then again they are all Palace spazmo's.

....but not on titanics watch you cant have a go at them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To paraphrase Orwell from Animal Farm "All are equal on NSC, but some are more equal than others?"

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It has nearly been 4 years since Tony Bloom took over. We still don't have a clue how much Tony is worth or where it came from. What we do know is that the stadium has been paid for, and the training ground has been built. We do know that in the public domain he is worth £50 million. What no one has ever said, is, they know Tony has borrowed money from ............... Maybe that is more telling than people saying they know Tony is a billionnaire.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It is a clear and favourite tactic of numerous palace trolls to paint a picture of Tony Bloom not having much money and of the albion by extension being in financial trouble.

One of their favorite figures is the 50 million mentioned in the rich list you quoted. You then repeatedly asked for proof of Tony's worth, which is impossible for anyone to provide with an internet link.

Maybe your motives are purer than the rest of the palace crew, maybe not.

My view is it was subtle trolling, spinkled with a few comments like the above to try and camouflage it.

That's all I'll say on this anymore. A good thread turned to crap.

A Palace fan wasn't the first person to question it on this thread, and I can point you to numerous threads where Brighton fans have mentioned the rich list. I'd love to know more about Bloom. I don't care if a Palace fan asks the question. :shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I hope this comes out. Note how Private Eye refer to much of the list as 'fantasy'.

Edit - nope. Tapatalk didn't upload the article.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It has nearly been 4 years since Tony Bloom took over. We still don't have a clue how much Tony is worth or where it came from. What we do know is that the stadium has been paid for, and the training ground has been built. We do know that in the public domain he is worth £50 million. What no one has ever said, is, they know Tony has borrowed money from ............... Maybe that is more telling than people saying they know Tony is a billionnaire.

Bloom himself has said the money was personal and not borrowed

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Who would lend money to someone to make an unsecured and time-limited loan to build a football stadium. I'd like to meet them, I fancy a new house.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bloom himself has said the money was personal and not borrowed
There was an article or commentary somewhere over the last 3 or 4 years, I think around the time that the stadium build was started, that stated he has a worth of circa £300m,... no idea where it came from, but I do remember it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So no matter how much we speculate we will not know how much TB is worth, the bigger question is do we trust him with the club? I find it healthy to ask questions but until I see anything to the contrary I do trust him, do the Palace fans raising the same questions in their own club's finances and owners? All clubs are in the shit financially it just the depth that varies and with our history I think we are more sceptical of ownership and finances than most but we are also more protective.

On the troll front they are only trolls if you let them, I find the trolling generally entertaining and as I am more intelligent than 100% of Palace fans I can see the trolling for what its worth and treat it as so.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hear, hear, LB. I positively enjoy reading contributions on NSC from other clubs' fans. Even, - no, especially - from Palace fans.

I think the fact we do keep NSC relatively open to other viewpoints - unlike so many other clubs' boards - for me somehow reflects our city's famously libertarian values, and shows other fans a touch of much-needed class.

It's hard to fathom why one or two NSC posters appear to need sheltering from football's harsh outside world. Why on earth be so thin-skinned, and risk missing out on what is often enjoyable and thought-provoking debate?

100% this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Was quite and interesting thread until everyone started chucking their toys out of their prams.

I often wonder where Tony gets his money from. After all we have been through i think we have every right to be wary.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

When was the training ground built ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A welcome to the person who Googled "have Brighton paid off their stadium" and found this old thread!

Ban them or set up an away end. Clearly a Palace fan looking to spam.

Feb 14, 2010
Genuinely interested.
my understanding is that you went bankrupt in 1997 and lost the Goldstone (happy to be corrected here if not so) and then were at the Withdean, which are not the environs of a cash rich club I would say.

Read "More Than 90 Minutes" or "Build a Bonfire". Brighton had debts of less than £5 Million. The then Chairman sold the ground for around £7 Million to Chartwell. The Goldstone was then re sold for over £30 Million approximately just 1 year later. Brighton were not like Palace, Brighton didnt spend money on players it clearly could not afford and as a result became insolvent. BHA were the victim of a property transaction, lost our ground and spent a a few seasons playing 140 mile trip from Brighton in the lowest league, then around a decade playing lower league football at an Athletics track called Withdean with only 1 roof. How did Palace manage to keep playing at Selhurst and keep paying people like Zaha to keep them away from relegation and get into the top flight despite (at the last count) two insolvencies and why don't palace fans turn up unless you play top flight football? Genuinely interested.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Mr Bloom has been very generous to the Albion but it must be remembered that he is a gambler and as such he cant win all the time,I understand that the club lost approximately £10 million in the last financial year so lets hope his good fortune continues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here