Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happy are you, overall, following the Albion?

How happy are you, overall, with the Albion?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The be all and end all is what happens on the pitch and at the moment it is boring dross, a manager with zero charisma and little entertainment on the pitch

It isn't though is it? The be all and end all is that we now have a fantastic competitive home stadium and the infrastructure is in place to ensure that at worst, we might have the occasional foray into division 3 for a year or two.

Yes this is boring dross characterised by bugger all goals, but we're not going down and if it goes on beyond a season or two, the competent business minded people running the club will pull the trigger. I think I can stomach a few boring matches until it sorts itself out one way or another.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It isn't though is it? The be all and end all is that we now have a fantastic competitive home stadium and the infrastructure is in place to ensure that at worst, we might have the occasional foray into division 3 for a year or two.

Yes this is boring dross characterised by bugger all goals, but we're not going down and if it goes on beyond a season or two, the competent business minded people running the club will pull the trigger. I think I can stomach a few boring matches until it sorts itself out one way or another.

People are extremely fickle and won't take too long before the booing and chants of What a load of rubbish kick in, Oscar needs to connect with the fans and if he won't/can't then he is on thin ice unless he delivers on the pitch

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm happy. I think the team are doing ok considering the difficulties the squad has faced this season.

I don't really have a problem with the overall style of play either, which does seem to create a reasonable number of chances which either the keeper has to make a good save or we just finished poorly.

I like Oscar and the fact the he is quiet and undemonstrative, makes a pleasant change from last season.

I love the Amex and the whole game day experience, for me no other ground matches it.

I also appreciate the difficult job that Bloom and Barber have got in keeping this under control and in good financial order. I'll agree it is frustrating seeing the decent crowds, refreshment and mercy sales and wondering where the money is going, but I have confidence that long term we will be better off by not spending just for the sake of it.

maybe I'm just easily pleased but I am very happy with the direction of the club at the moment.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Feeling a bit out of love at the moment, think my own expectations are set unfairly high after last season. Also still missing Gus. The past weekend with a disappointing transfer deadline day and then the performance at Watford has been a real turning point.

Playoffs seem very unlikely now, finish the season well and see what happens in the summer. Really want to give Oscar as much time as possible to build his own team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People are extremely fickle and won't take too long before the booing and chants of What a load of rubbish kick in, Oscar needs to connect with the fans and if he won't/can't then he is on thin ice unless he delivers on the pitch

True but I just don't think that's the "be all and end all". Some people would drift away for sure, but we have a support that is bigger than, say Reading, and even in their mediocre times they are getting 16,000. For me, the be all and end all is that our infrastructure is in place and the controls its costs.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The be all and end all is what happens on the pitch and at the moment it is boring dross, a manager with zero charisma and little entertainment on the pitch

Oh dear sounds like the end of the world. Honestly, you don't HAVE to support the club. It's not compulsory. If you really don't like your bank, change it. Had enough of Tesco? Go to Sainsbury. Hey, I hated going to Spain on hols. Well, Portugal might be worth a try....geddit?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
True but I just don't think that's the "be all and end all". Some people would drift away for sure, but we have a support that is bigger than, say Reading, and even in their mediocre times they are getting 16,000. For me, the be all and end all is that our infrastructure is in place and the controls its costs.

I'm happy this season and it's good that we're trying to be more affordable, but we are still apparently losing a load of money and if we're losing this much with 24-28,000, we are going to be massively screwed if we went down to 16,000.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Oh dear sounds like the end of the world. Honestly, you don't HAVE to support the club. It's not compulsory. If you really don't like your bank, change it. Had enough of Tesco? Go to Sainsbury. Hey, I hated going to Spain on hols. Well, Portugal might be worth a try....geddit?

I don't 'geddit'? It's ok to have a go at your own club without being disloyal

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I don't 'geddit'? It's ok to have a go at your own club without being disloyal

I'm not suggesting you can't criticise your own club, this isn't East Germany! As an example, I've been critical of David Lopez this season, because I'd like to see him concentrate harder and get stuck in to help his team-mates. I'd also like to see more positivity on the field and a more flexible formation against certain teams. BUT anyone who is relentlessly miserable about the state of the club with NOTHING positive to say is probably doing themselves no good by continuing their support. That's all.

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
With you on this one.
As with similar polls earlier this season, this has been one of those seasons I have every so often when my albion mojo is low. The lack of signings to compensate the outgoings is a bit of a downer, especially when coupled with one point from our last 9 and one goal in 4. But I'll always love the club.

But I'm finding many of our fans more annoying this season. Some for their disproportionate/inappropriate negativity, some for their pompous/holier-than-thou positivity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Can we have the thumbs down back please?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

personally, I think we are lucky, and we just need to take a step back. When I think about the teams that have actually been promoted to the PL in recent then the majority appear to have been well established Championship clubs who have been competing at the top end of the Championship for a number of years (often failing in the play-offs for a couple of years), have been relegated from the premier league recently, or, the odd case like Southampton who have had a business plan in place for years that appears to be paying off for them for now : develop young players, sell them on for big money once they have done well for you, and build from there. This is how I feel we are trying to go about it, and how I would like us to go about it. The tricky bit is that we have done so well, and we now have to try and balance the long term plan with the short term expctations based on a great run at the end of last season. The attacking football that we all believe we should be playing is only possible when your attacking players perform consistently : Buckley, Lua Lua, Ulloa, Orlandi, Lopez, CMS have not done that, or been able to do that for a whole host of reasons. I am trying not to use the word consolidation, but having a team in the top half of an incredibly difficult league, when we know that if we play well we have a good chance of winning matches is not a bad place to be. I am not settling for that long term, but am comfortbale to let the Club develop and establish itself that will mean grinding out results and draws when we are not on fire. There is a lot more right than wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here