Votes: 29 19.7%

Votes: 39 26.5%

Votes: 14 9.5%

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
2 life is bloody boring and pointless sometimes...

Hate the cat waking me up for food at 5 every bloody morning (cant get rid wife and child adore the feckin thing) & clearing out its cat litter (wife wont do house cat from London moved with us)

Hate having to rush around all the time, drop the wife train station then drop the kid at before school club, then rush to work, rush back to school and pick up from after school club, then rush to station pick up wife, get home feed the feckin cat, clear more cat shit up make something to eat, put child to bed, tidy up, get ready for work next day and get childs clothes ready etc, then nothing but shit on tv, babysitters cost a feckin fortune.

Work is work, nothing special nothing terrible can be very stressful, especially when you have a boss who is very pedantic and gets sectioned on the odd occasion, everyone is out to rip you off, no sooner Christmas has finished they have feckin valentines day shit in the windows..... Strong winds the fence blows down fine thats another expense, expensive holidays determined by school terms, family can be real ********s, hate religion, hate politics, hate over paid celebrities who get paid for well nothing when doctors and nurses, firemen well the list goes on get nailed down.

moan, moan, moan

Life is futile and just nothing the big sleep wont cure, anyone else just wanna go to sleep in a nice comfy bed and never wake up ?
But you are posting on NSC - where life is good and the binfest is king.

PS -currently a seven. But might increase as the bottle of Metaxa goes down.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've given myself a generous 4, but really I'm only at my dreariest when asked to really ponder it and score. I'm no hunter for happiness anyhow. More a thrillseeker for thoughtlessness and conquistador of comatic states.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm. About a six, I suppose. Work: fine. Albion: getting there after a shocking few months. Other stuff: losing me happy points by the week. Meh.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You need to *get out/stay in* more.

* delete as applicable

There's a lot of things I need to do right now, to be frank, but thank you for the advice :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know, 6 or 7 maybe. I feel I ought to be happier than I am. I expect to be a solid 8 in six months time for 2 or 3 reasons.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know, 6 or 7 maybe. I feel I ought to be happier than I am. I expect to be a solid 8 in six months time for 2 or 3 reasons.

That's a good answer. I wish I'd said that :thumbsup:

Hope, rather than expect, but other than that...

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
about a 6 to be honest. new job is great. but having 20k debt and 2 kids, renting without a chance of saving money for a house of our own really winds me up. oh well. onwards and upwards i guess.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Always look on the bright side of life......if you are young,healthy,wealthy,well educated and very good looking.
Otherwise you are finished.:ffsparr:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Probably a 7.
Domestic life is pretty good but never been so unhappy at work. Been working since 1991 and until 2 years ago I could count the bad days on one hand. Over the last 2 years I can count the good days on one hand.
When work improves, I'm sure I'll go up the scale.

Try not to moan too much as 2 people I went to school with have died in the last year before we'd even hit 39 years old. It really hits home.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
69th year and probably happier than I have ever been, with a great other half and extended family and although my health is not to good I can't complain.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I would imagine if it was a nationwide poll including all demographics, it would be a lot higher than 30%

Modern life is largely unfulfilling with lots of challenges and little reward. People work very hard with little to show for it, beyond pointless consumer items.

Community is disappearing, technology has made us keep social interaction to a minimum, while the rise of atheism means people have no longer have a God. Life seems to have become pointless as most of us have become robots whose sole purpose is to make the rich even richer.
...things will get better, but it's important to recognise what is making people miserable.

I don't understand this attitude, I work to pay my bills etc, if my boss becomes richer due to my labours then the company continues and all is well. I didn't have to apply for the job and he didn't have to employ me. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur, start their own business and employ others, but thank god some do.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I said 10. Life is great. Got granted permanent residence status this week and started my new position at work this week too. Managed to convince the missus to move before Christmas - the rent on the new place with the bills is 50% cheaper than before. This year is the year to get ahead, pay off the credit cards and hopefully manage a trip home to Brighton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have a lovely wife and two terrific teenage lads. Still fit enough, approaching 44, to play football and cricket at a reasonable level. Work isn't especially stimulating, but I've been there almost 20 years, I'm good at it, it pays a fair wage, and they are pretty accommodating regards time off, etc.

Life is pretty good. We all have bad days at work, stupid fallings-out with partners, days when the kids bicker constantly, but it's all just petty nonsense.

If you and your family are healthy, with a roof over your head and a secure income, your need to remind yourself, more often than any of us do, just how lucky you are.

I may have had a drink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here