Votes: 29 19.7%

Votes: 39 26.5%

Votes: 14 9.5%

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can be anything from 1 - 10 depending on the day and what happens in it. But it should be a 10 all the time as in the grand scheme of things I have sod all to moan about.

Happiness depends on happenings. I can be upset by something that has happened but still be content. My contentment is around 9 on a daily basis.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reckon if you ask people in the middle of January you'll get a wildly different answer than if you ask the same people in the middle of July.
Good point. Isn't the crappest day of the year coming up soon? When some pseudoboffin from the University of Kettering will get their name in the paper with a cunning "formula" for calculating this revelation...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Recently bought my own house, enjoying my new (local!) job, and have an adorable puppy! Oh and my girlfriend has agreed to marry me.

Life is good.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
3/10

I've been off SSRI's now for 3 weeks (after 18 months use) and it's a bit head-wrecking.
Broke up with my partner of 4.5 years last Friday.
Moved into a new flat last week where the floor has started falling through, boiler broke down and electricity not working.

It's been a catastrophic start to the year for me but it'll work out.

Edit: I just re-read that and I sound absolutely tragic. :facepalm:

Sounds like you have every right to be a bit pi55ed off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Switch challenging and lovely around and you've got my situation.
Would you rather have an easy job and a difficult wife or a difficult job and an easy wife...?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm about a 7 at the moment.
Was about a 5, but I promised myself to look at things differently this year and be more tolerant.
I think it may be working.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
3/10

I've been off SSRI's now for 3 weeks (after 18 months use) and it's a bit head-wrecking.
Broke up with my partner of 4.5 years last Friday.
Moved into a new flat last week where the floor has started falling through, boiler broke down and electricity not working.

It's been a catastrophic start to the year for me but it'll work out.

Edit: I just re-read that and I sound absolutely tragic. :facepalm:

Not tragic at all. Shit happens, usually while you're making other plans. Good luck mate. Things WILL get better :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
7ish. New job which is panning out exactly as I'd hoped, 25th wedding anniversary this year, mortgage gone, two great kids but one is not well (long term thing) which has knocked at least 2 whole points off.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
2 life is bloody boring and pointless sometimes...

Hate the cat waking me up for food at 5 every bloody morning (cant get rid wife and child adore the feckin thing) & clearing out its cat litter (wife wont do house cat from London moved with us)

Hate having to rush around all the time, drop the wife train station then drop the kid at before school club, then rush to work, rush back to school and pick up from after school club, then rush to station pick up wife, get home feed the feckin cat, clear more cat shit up make something to eat, put child to bed, tidy up, get ready for work next day and get childs clothes ready etc, then nothing but shit on tv, babysitters cost a feckin fortune.

Work is work, nothing special nothing terrible can be very stressful, especially when you have a boss who is very pedantic and gets sectioned on the odd occasion, everyone is out to rip you off, no sooner Christmas has finished they have feckin valentines day shit in the windows..... Strong winds the fence blows down fine thats another expense, expensive holidays determined by school terms, family can be real ********s, hate religion, hate politics, hate over paid celebrities who get paid for well nothing when doctors and nurses, firemen well the list goes on get nailed down.

moan, moan, moan

Life is futile and just nothing the big sleep wont cure, anyone else just wanna go to sleep in a nice comfy bed and never wake up ?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Not for everybody.....but Neale Donald Walsh's books helped me through some bad times and brought me out the other side with a different outlook on life,death and everything else.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I was asked this question on a phone survey after answering half an hour of question relating to crime, employment, debts etc. After answering not applicible to most questions I couldnt really say anything other than 9/10

Also reading this thread and an advert for water aid came up. I am certainly better than those poor guys so again 9/10

anyone living in Brighton with a job and a roof above their head should be pretty happy really (over simplistic??) 9/10

sat behind this desk waiting for 6pm finish - 2/10

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Very content actually. Had bowel cancer AND kidney failure last year (not related). Doing dialysis 5 times a week and not had the all-clear for the cancer yet, but really very happy considering - in fact, barring a couple of days - I pretty much was all through last year.

I think had this happened to me 10 years ago, I would not have felt the same.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

Hate the cat waking me up for food at 5 every bloody morning (cant get rid wife and child adore the feckin thing) & clearing out its cat litter (wife wont do house cat from London moved with us)

Hate having to rush around all the time, drop the wife train station then drop the kid at before school club, then rush to work, rush back to school and pick up from after school club, then rush to station pick up wife, get home feed the feckin cat, clear more cat shit up make something to eat, put child to bed, tidy up, get ready for work next day and get childs clothes ready etc, then nothing but shit on tv, babysitters cost a feckin fortune.

Work is work, nothing special nothing terrible can be very stressful, especially when you have a boss who is very pedantic and gets sectioned on the odd occasion, everyone is out to rip you off, no sooner Christmas has finished they have feckin valentines day shit in the windows..... Strong winds the fence blows down fine thats another expense, expensive holidays determined by school terms, family can be real ********s, hate religion, hate politics, hate over paid celebrities who get paid for well nothing when doctors and nurses, firemen well the list goes on get nailed down.

moan, moan, moan

Life is futile and just nothing the big sleep wont cure, anyone else just wanna go to sleep in a nice comfy bed and never wake up ?

I am kind of in your outlook on life. Nothing gives me pleasure anymore or maybe I have just forgotten how to take pleasure from things.

The kind of person I quite admire is our own Granny Weatherwax. He's really very old now, commutes to London everyday but still finds time to study, sing, play golf, go to the footy and have a happy family life. I wish I could do just one of those things but my favourite time of the day is when it's time to sleep.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very content actually. Had bowel cancer AND kidney failure last year (not related). Doing dialysis 5 times a week and not had the all-clear for the cancer yet, but really very happy considering - in fact, barring a couple of days - I pretty much was all through last year.

I think had this happened to me 10 years ago, I would not have felt the same.

This puts everything in perspective.......work, football, money and all that stuff. Hope the all-clear is on the way.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

moan, moan, moan

Yep. Helpfully there is alcohol and, sometimes, music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here