Votes: 39 26.5%

Votes: 14 9.5%

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
6 right now, Probably 8 in a while, maybe 9 if we win tomorrow 6 if we lose for a while (it's only a game after all )

Just read StonehamPark's post and feel worse - Poor fella hope things start looking up for you :bigwave:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
At about 5 I reckon.

Would have been in minus figures a couple a years ago when I went through a tough break up from ex.

I've still got a roof over my head, can cook for myself, have good friends and still want to get myself out there. I like to look after myself too, running and trying to eat healthly. So can't be too bad.

Though I still kind of miss just being with someone, so I guess that gets me down. Though just enjoying being single helps.

Yes, life does feel tough at times, trying to hold down a job, looking after home etc. I'm on my own. In someway my mind wants to find "another way".

Been on SSRI's for getting on for 2 years. They do seem to have straightened me out, but the side effects I seem to have a weight gain.

Hugs to anyone out there feeling low. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone, and that there are people who can help.

I've got into Mindfulness Meditation and recently started a Cognative Behavioural Therapy Course, which should help.

The meditation seems to help, in that it encourages me to stay in the present, instead of duelling in the past, or worrying about the future.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
9. Always happy.

Happy, healthyish, great wife, great kids, decent job, support a decent couple of football teams, golf handicap coming down from 24 to 21.6, two holidays booked, one to see child b in her new home in Edinburgh B and the other one, Easter in Tenerife.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I am kind of in your outlook on life. Nothing gives me pleasure anymore or maybe I have just forgotten how to take pleasure from things.

The kind of person I quite admire is our own Granny Weatherwax. He's really very old now, commutes to London everyday but still finds time to study, sing, play golf, go to the footy and have a happy family life. I wish I could do just one of those things but my favourite time of the day is when it's time to sleep.

9. Always happy.

Happy, healthyish, great wife, great kids, decent job, support a decent couple of football teams, golf handicap coming down from 24 to 21.6, two holidays booked, one to see child b in her new home in Edinburgh B and the other one, Easter in Tenerife.

See what I mean ha ha

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not tragic at all. Shit happens, usually while you're making other plans. Good luck mate. Things WILL get better :thumbsup:

Just read StonehamPark's post and feel worse - Poor fella hope things start looking up for you :bigwave:

Cheers guys. :)

Been on SSRI's for getting on for 2 years. They do seem to have straightened me out, but the side effects I seem to have a weight gain.

Hugs to anyone out there feeling low. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone, and that there are people who can help.

I was on SSRI's for 18 months and gained around 20kg.
I'm so glad I'm off them, I actually feel better after 3 weeks off them than I was on,
SSRI's for me just made everything numb, no positive or negative but took the enjoyment out of almost everything whilst I was on them.
Good luck with it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have a good group of friends, married couples mainly these days and I have noticed we all have a default position and no matter what happens we try to get back to that position.

Some people are comfortable being a little stressed and a little miserable perhaps a 5/10, so if something great happens that suddenly pushes them into a 9/10 they will try hard as buggery to pull it back to the 5/10 and so on, so I guess its just your disposition.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
See what I mean ha ha

Oi kev...less of the very old. Just old..lol. Don't commute anymore either thank goodness !

Nice to hear from you mate

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
6 at the moment but off down the local so it will change to a 9 by 8.30.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4 but on the up.

Ask me 6 months ago I'd have struggled to get to the dizzying heights 1.

Realising I'm a bit of a slave to endorphins, if I can get some serious miles under my (considerable) belt over the next 6 months I'd hope to be in the top half of the table.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With 2 kids, a mortgage and an occasional commute I'm never below 5 but rarely over 8. I have what a lot of people would want and I know I'm lucky.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
True for all values of N, where N = 10 - number of years till retirement.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Christ, they are a nightmare.

I'm pretty much over them now and having maybe 2 a day.
The first week was awful though, any time I even turned my head I just felt my eyes were rolling around in their sockets, it was impossible to have a conversation with anyone.
I think I've been quite lucky though, no serious side affects.

Other than the dodgy hair and glasses :). Good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here