Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How fed up are you with the whole Gareth Bale Saga?!

Bale to Madrid. Longer then a Eastenders Episode.

• Bale to Madrid will happen, but when?!

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • SSN are going to go into Meltdown when it happens

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • AVB will say he ain't for sale AGAIN!

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I don't even bother with SSN anymore

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Levy is arguably the best in the business at pulling off a deal. €100million is an incredible figure and to have recruited 5 quality players already with possibly Eriksen to come too whilst halting the merry go round for his rivals is genius. If Spurs beat Arsenal in the North London because Arsenal are short of players and Spurs have too much quality it would be a masterstroke and could tip the balance for that 4th place.

In the past he's left it too late, getting his price but leaving himself too short of time to bring in quality. The Moutinho deal springs to mind post-Modric. If you miss out on Champions League the next best thing is to con £10 million off one of the big boys. He's done it with Berbatov, Modric and now Bale.

I dread to think what the "Wheeler Dealer" would have got for the Bale money. I doubt it would be five quality players...

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The last one. SSN has got to the point where I just don't watch it anymore its now like a tabloid channel, sensationalist news stories and boring repetitive news reporters. Perhaps it's just me mind?

Yes you are right, in actual fact it seems to be getting worse. That guy that's on in the mornings Rob Wotton is the worst of the lot I feel like throwing something at the TV sometimes when he's on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My spurs supporting mate say Real Madrid still owe them the Modric money so they are not likley to see any cash for Bale anytime soon

Hovespur

Feb 28, 2012
My spurs supporting mate say Real Madrid still owe them the Modric money so they are not likley to see any cash for Bale anytime soon

Multi million pound transfers paid in instalments and not in one lump sum I can't believe that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, for the benefit of us who have never seen him kick a ball...if he any good?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
BALE SO DESPERATE TO GET TO MADRID He's starting cloning RONALDO image.jpg

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Even more so now that's there's a thread on here about it :( **** spurs, who cares?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 4m
Bale to Madrid to be announced in three minutes. Finally!!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
As a football fan I would be interested in the signing of any player that is breaking a transfer fee record. Yes the situation is tedious but still the majority comments on this board show a complete 'don't give a shit attitude' over anything unless it's the albion...

That's because it's a Brighton board and the majority DON'T give a shit unless its about the Albion. I don't care if a foreign government are overpaying for an overrated foreign player to go to a foreign club.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
£85.3million for a footballer - during an economic recession. How many hospitals or schools could that money build, how many lives could it save?

and that's forgetting the astronomical wages he will be earning on top of that.

This world really needs to get its priorities right - so ****ed up.

Ahh. That old chestnut. The answer to your question about hospitals is 'not even one'. The going rate seems to be £500m-£1.5bn.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Went to his press conference with his head phones round his neck

T'wat.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
His skills on the pitch looked as good as mine :facepalm:

Madrid fans must be salivating after seeing that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
£85.3million for a footballer - during an economic recession. How many hospitals or schools could that money build, how many lives could it save?

and that's forgetting the astronomical wages he will be earning on top of that.

This world really needs to get its priorities right - so ****ed up.

Well if you take Spain with its 25% unemployment, 50% youth unemployment and their property market in freefall it just shows the increasing dis-connect between the game and reality. There's nothing in it for the average fan. What next Suarez has got to worth £80 million hasn't he?
All bubbles burst, but who knows how long until we enter the end game?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Kissing the badge...Deary me.

What a gimp-eared ****, "I have always been a real madrid fan-ever since I was a young boy". I'm giving him two seasons max before he's back in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here